Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Confronting someone you love about drug use

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

How do you confront someone if you are not sure if they are using without causing caos
Can you give us a little more info? What is going on that makes you suspect this person is using?
Avatar n tn
Sorry this is the first time I have used this site.  My son works 70-80 hours a week and only sleeps a couple hours a day.  Very moody,  found a glass pipe and empty ziploc bags in a zippered bag hidden in his truck.  We are very scared and concerned on the right way to address this.  My daughter inlaw is very worried about the chances of losing her children,  etc  if he is caught with any of this??
I'm very sorry to say but it sounds like he is smoking crack.. I would show him the paraphernalia and confront him with it.. Listen to no lies and listen to your heart.. There are no physical wd from crack but there are mental.. I'm very sorry for you as a Mom but nip it now as he has a young family and a future.. lesa
Avatar n tn
Thankyou for the advice!  We are planning to confront him,  really bad timing,  Deer hunting weekend with family and friends.  My daughter inlaw did remove the paraphanalia from the vehicle and is going to dispose of it,  this will alert him that she knows.  Hopefully we can get through to him and get this taken care of.
I do wish you all the best and that you do speak with him very soon many have lost everything over crack... Keep well and be safe.. lesa