Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Congradulations to clean time this week!!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Congradulations to you all!! I'm sure there has been some mental bumps and bruises this week, and I'm sure some that have healed as well. Stay strong and surround yourself with those people places,and things that truely care. I wanted to share a short quote by a person who I've learned so much from his name is  Dr. Vincent Dole " The goal is NOT abstinence; the goal is to become functional".
                Take care, Dr.Mike
Tags: Addiction
Thanks for monitoring; glad you're here!

about the quote: " The goal is NOT abstinence; the goal is to become functional".

I suppose that applies to most alcoholics/addicts, BUT there are some like me who were quite functional while using...

About 1 year ago, here's my usual day:

Wake up @ 7:00, get ready for work..
Work from 8:00 to 5:00, stop at liquor store on way home, buy a 1.75 bottle of Vodka or Gin, drink from 5:15 until whenever I passed out, wake up again at 7:00... Repeat daily for 2 years...

I completed neccessary tasks, and was "Functional"... but FAR from human!

so for me, I'll go by the quote, "the goal is abstinence, thus becoming more human..."

By that, I mean that I now can feel emotion, etc. and generally deal with life without a crutch.

BUT- for the most part, the original quote you posted is correct for most of us addicts out here!

Thanks again for the input,
Jess
so, MMT-Doc is correct except for the drinking part? LOL

Thomas
Yeah, I re-read what I wrote....
LOL is right!

Ha!
Jess
I guess what I was trying to say is that if you go by that quote, AND you happen to be a functioning Alcoholic or addict,
What reason would you have to quit?

cheers,
Jess
Thanks Doc!I've been clean for 17 days now from methadone.
Yes I have have many bumps to go over but they where there
when I was using,they are just more important now.Once again I
want to thank everyone for making this struggle I have gone
thru much more worth while knowing their are many addicts
wanting to be clean.Just reading your posts and replys to my cries for help have made this experience one which I hope
no one ever has to go thru.This board has been my only connection
to help.My spouse refuses to help and to be honest has made it worse,but I did lie to her about my using for the past year.
She lost a daughter 6 years ago by crack,she was murdered
and it has made my wife totally against any form of drugs,period.But I found you all and it has been one thing that has kept me from using.Using can be easy for me because one of best friends is a pain clinic doc and he knows me.I did ask that he not give me anything at all.He agreed unless he feels I
need it.I have to remember he is the one who talked me into taking Methadone.I wish now I would have never ever taken that first little pill.I feel methadone is a evil evil drug and has
no use in this society.But this is about the thanks for helping me cope with addiction,soTHANK YOU THANK YOU,THANK YOU all!!
                                 peace,
                                   bmac
Congrats, bmac. One question, though: I know Methadone is hard to quit, but what do you suggest for hard narcotics users that will simply go to the street if they can't get Methadone? Without methadone, their fate is jail and death. I know many, many people that think Methadone Maintenance is the best thing that ever happened to them. I must admit that, from what I've heard about Methadone withdrawal, it doesn't sound like a good drug to choose if your real plan is to detox quickly off of all drugs.

Thomas
From what I understand methadone is a great way to keep people
that decide they are going to use no matter what.It doesn't get you as high as other things but you are just mellow nodding alot,just living.For people that are on the streets using heroin and the like I can't anwser about that.I am a prescription
addict.I have had 6 major surgeries in 10 years and know all the doc's that have seen me.I had an endless supply of hydro or oxy.
As long as I did it their way I could get a RX every 2 weeks.The amount was up to me.I went to a friend who is a pain clinic doc and knows addiction.His job is to make it legal for me to stay doped up so I will not hurt society (my opinion only).He
sees people that are in pain and CHOOSE to be on opiates.
After my last operation I began to notice I was getting hooked once again on Lorcet.I went to him and begged him to get me off drugs.He put me on methadone.60mgs a day then after 6 months 40 mgs aday then 20 then 10.18 days ago I decided that this was killing me.I did nothing,laid on a couch and took methadone for a year.Later I learned from this friend the pain doc Oh,you can
detox now so I did.GOD it was hell.Can't imagine people on
180 mgs aday withdrawing.
If you plan on being a user the rest of your life.Methadone is a great drug.If you plan on getting straight don't use it to detox from something else.Sorry for the long answer but this question you asked means alot to me.Methadone and ME have ruined any chance of my marriage working out and has caused get pain in withdrawing.
I have been reading a lot on this forum, and it is VERY GOOD to know that what I have been experiencing can end on a positive note.  I won't lie that looks about a 1,000 miles away from me right now....

I have been addicted to narcotics for over 3+ years.  Even as I typed that it is hard to believe....  Most people who I have tried to open up to about my problem don't take it seriously because it is only a cough medicine (Tussinex).  Believe me I have come to hate it...but I can't seem to stop...how sad is that..

I have stopped 1.5 days ago (Cold Turkey).  I have done this before...  This time I have made an appointment with a head doctor who specializes in substance abuse. I just had to take some more Imodium (immodium) (GOD I HATE THE RUNS).  I just wanted to thank everyone who post,  what I am going through is hard, but alone it is harder (impossible).  I will post again if anyone wants to know what made me hit the bottom...  Also, and this is important If you are on w/d and take imodium (immodium) and you use again while on the imodium (immodium) bad things can happen.  I know from personal experience...Lets just say I no longer have about 12' of my colon.  

Thanks again,
God Bless
Thanks for the thorough answer, bmac. I've heard enough not to go near methadone. I have been narco clean for about 2 weeks (an eternity by my standards), but after 30 years I would be blowing it out my rear if I said I had any sort of plan. The best I've been able to do is be grrrr "content" with what one doctor, also my friend and a truly great man, is willing to provide. That's my big victory. I don't chase the stuff and I sure as hell don't game the pharmacies (they've lost all sense of humor, anyway). Glad things are turning out so well for you. Oh, can you introduce me to your docs as, say, an old friend who saved your life several times? LOL

Thomas
if your in birmingham alabama I would love to introduce you to one of the docs I know,but remember they make such a great living and income because we as addicts give them our insurance cards.ever heard this one.Why can I get a RX for 60 lorcets
for $24.00 then withdraw go to shrink and get anti depressive
drug that costs $102.00.I asked my shrink this question and his answer was American is a capitalist country.Drugs that are
fun and very addictive are cheap.Then when you decide to stop you pay in more than with you health.Why do shrinks charge
$300.00 an hour when my pain doc charged me $32.00 a visit.
Drug addiction is big business,thats why pain clinics are here.It's a legal form of the pusher man.They just do it
under the name of medicine.

That's not JUST cough medicine. That is the ambrosia of Schedule III! Tussionex is hydrocodone delivered in a resin complex that breaks down constantly over 8 or more hours like having a built-in morphine drip. I'd rather have that stuff than Oxy. Anyway, everything you've read about Vicodin withdrawal applies to you. It's not surprising that you've got the runs. You're lucky, though, if that's your biggest problem. At least you can take care of that with an OTC med. BTW, how much Imodium (immodium) did you take? I've known a few people that get badly constipated on a normal dose of Imodium (immodium), but none of them were members of Club Narc. I'd be interested in hearing your story, but only if you promise to tell me how you managed to get so much Tussionex. LOL. Gotta pry one of those scripts out of the doc's dead bleeding hand (another humorless bunch).

Thomas
I wish the entire medical apparatus were as fun loving as you portray them to be. But Noooooooo! Forge a script and the pharmacist calls the POLICE (again, no humor). The police take you to JAIL (even less humor). The JUDGE (humorless in the extreme) sends you to PRISON (utterly lacking in yucks).

That's the real problem as I see it. No humor. None. Just Silas Marner, sucking on a lemon pickled in vinigar, white coat, DEA badge in one hand, pills in the other -- Fuuuuuuuuck!

Sorry ... that Tussionex post got me jonesing big time. Should avoid those.

Thomas
You are  a riot!!  At least YOU  still have a sense of humor!!  And you're well-informed, too  I like reading your posts.  Good luck in your endeavor.. Peaz
Thanks, peaz. Drug addicts need an steel-plated sense of humor to get by in this world. As for being informed, I wish I knew nothing about any of this. Woops -- Too Late!

Thomas
AN steel, Thomas? I need a script ...
Don't worry--you're not being graded on grammar and syntax.  But I wonder (since you're so DARN smart) if you can answer something for me: Is there some kind of  protective law that prevents an employer from firing an employee for drug abuse?  I mean--aren't they required to keep the job open for the person  pending rehab?  The reason I ask is, in the group of Health Professionals that I attend, I swear--I am the ONLY one who was canned--all the rest got a leave of absence and their jobs back at some point.  Is  that  a matter  of the employer's discretion?  Did my employer just hate my guts??  Does this vary from state to state or is it a federal matter?  Who is John Galt?  You have 20 seconds.......
Methadone can be used for detox, as long as it is done properly.  Many people have detoxed from it successfully.  If you were nodding from it, your dose was too high.  I am sure you didn't tell your doctor you were nodding from it.  Methadone has its uses, and it is not just for maintanence.  It sucks that you had a bad experience with it, but I do hate when I see people propogate the myth of methadone.  As long as one detoxes from methadone within a month's time, they are in the clear.  If one comes down off of it from being on maintanence, then they have to go slow....like 1mg a week.  One way to look at it is that they didn't get hooked overnight, so they shouldn't worry about getting off of it overnight either.  Methadone has saved many lives and is still considered the most effective opiate addiction treatment that we have as far as the statistics go.  It certainly is not for everyone.  I only endorse it as a last resort.....maintanence that is.  I think anyone can benefit from a methadone detox....vicodin addict or heroin addict.  A person who is a 15 vicodin a day user can do a 21 day detox with methadone and have virtually no withdrawal symptoms....as long as it is done right.
John Galt would say you were entitled to take all the drugs you had the ability to get your hands on. 'Think Ayn liked to get high? Always had a thing for her ... Anyway, sorry, but not THAT smart. All my law-learning has taken place on the receiving end. I attended one drug rehab with the full knowledge of my employer without being fired. But that was in the misty early 1990's ... we lay on white sheets, theme from Il Postino drifting down the hallway, the nurse like a waiter soliciting a good tip gayly entering the room with a platter of pills. "The Benzo Tortillini is especially good here," I'd say to my roomate.

"Would Monsier like me to open his Tussionex?" The nurse asks.

"Yes. Let it breath."

"Of course, Sir. Will there be anything else?"

"Yes. Step up my Demerol. We're feeling a bit peevish this evening."

"Certainly, Sir."

--- of course, I had really good insurance in those days.

I never gave any employer the opportunity to can me for using after that one rehab. Besides, the service was never the same ...

Perhaps someone else on the forum knows the answer to your question. My inability to suck scum always kept me out of law school.

Thomas
Hi everyone! Sorry to but in on a thread. I have been reading this site every night for the past week and I have not been able to post yet. I really need some help. I have been taking Vicoden Es for about 2.5 yrs and I am up to 12 a day. I stopped cold turkey once and it lasted 15 days. I want to stop again and this time for good but I am scared to go cold turkey again. I have 4 small kids that depend on me. I guess I just need to know what would be a good way to stop and how can I get a professional to help me? I mean who am I supposed to go to? I don't want my kids to see me taking pills anymore. I am also scared that I won't be able to function off the drugs. I was never really happy until I started the Vicoden. Then everything was great for awhile. Now sometimes I feel happy and sometimes I don't. I guess I am just lost. I grew up with drug addicts for parents and I swore I wouldn't do that to my kids and look at me now. When I got addicted I was taking the pills for TMJ and I honestly didn't know they were addictive. I had never even heard of them before. Now I wish I wouldn't have heard of them at all. Sorry this is so long but any suggestions?
Ken Kesey has NOTHING on you...If you wrote a novel I promise I'd read it. Yeah, I love Ayn.  With her verbose nature it's for sure she was a speed freak.  But then she probably toked throughout the evening while sipping brandy, mellowing out after a hard day of philosophizing and postulating....
        But, I digress...thanks for attempting to answer my question, anyway.  It's not like I'm going to sue my ex-boss, anyway.  I was just curious as to procedure.  My situation was that i was stealing narcs from the pharmacy  where I worked as a Pharm. Tech. and el senor made the deal that if I got help. he wouldn't press charges.  So I could hardly argue w/ the termination...
         So I totally switched careers(and I am not young--my walker is on order) and we'll see how it goes.  Thanks for your replies.   Peaz
I forgot,Answer me this,Do you know me?
I thought so!!
                       Peace,
                        bmac
you are right about doing the detox the correct way.I didn't.
My addiction started way before I put myself on methadone.
In the course of my addiction and the depression I was under
I became a zombie.No, your'e right I didn't tell my doc.I
thought and this is my addiction talking,40 to 60 mgs a day
was a minimal dose.I went down to 20 mgs a day in about 10
months ,just guessing then to 10 mgs a day.Stay there 2 months
I think,then stopped!Aug 18th I took my last methadone tablet,period.I had a bad experience in this drug,psychologiclly
I mean it was more than I have ever felt,withdrawing.Being my
3rd or 4th or maybe 5th time to withdraw,hydro,oxy I never had a problem detoxing.I was sick for a week and got over it.Mentally!
I am sure you have experieced many more cases of addiction
than I.My addiction has always been private.Not even my spouse knew I used.Aug.18th I told her I had just taken my last methadone pill.Then I had to admit I was taking it for a year
without her even knowing.My problem is now not opiates.it's
getting over the physical and mental problems my addiction
has caused me.You are right to say methadone does work,I guess what I should have said was I had a bad experience with
methadone and left it at that.I use this board to vent my anger at myself,through these other addicts.I just went to far,sorry!
                              peace,
                               bmac
I'm curious as to why Methadone is prescribed for long term maintenance for heroin withdrawal and for pain management when there is a viable alternative in buprenorphine/buprenex.  Since you seem really knowledgeable, I was wondering if you have any information about the long term usage of buprenorphine and if the w/d's from this are comparable to Methadone withdrawals?  

I only used bup for 2 weeks after coming off of Norco, I had NO withdrawals or negative effects when taking it after quitting the Norco and it was very easy to step down from 9 bup a day (the first day) to 1/2 a pill (.2 mg.) for the last 2 days because there is truly no incentive to take this other than to stave off withdrawals or for pain management.  I noticed that bup also is a great pain reliever for moderate to moderately severe pain (I have herniated disks).  I did experience very mild withdrawals for a couple of days after stopping the bup, but it was so mild that in retrospect, I tend to wonder why this isn't used more often?
I wanted to thank you Dr. Mike for the encouragement you give to us here, it's great to have you on the forum.

Also, if you have any ideas/input as well in regard to my question directed to mrmichael above about buprenorphine, I would love to hear them.

You are right about getting the scripts.  It just so happens that I have a medical condition that lends itself to getting them. I have had it since childhood so I know more about it than average doctors so I can BS my way to it almost everytime.  In fact I got my last script for it and did not even ask for it they just gave it to me...sigh...

My family has a history of breathing problems.  I found Tussonex about 4 years ago, but did not abuse it at first.  Then well it just happened.  I went on KNOWING I had a problem and a monkey on my back, but no one else did.  What made me really stop and take notice is my little sister (little she is 30).  I was on the phone with her and she told me she was taking Tussonex again. I could tell by the way she was describing in that she was now in TRUE LOVE.  I could stand (most of the time) the thing I had become, but I could not stand by and watch her walk the path I knew only to well.  I am going to get my s&*t together and have a long talk with her.  Not preachy just tell here what I have been doing now for over 3 years and what happens when the bloom falls off the rose (it does you know).  

I can down 4 ounces of the stuff in 24 hours, how crazy is that. Can you believe I once had a doc prescribe 16 ounces for me.  I am now on day 2.5 and it sucks still.  Thanks for talking,  It helps to have somewhere to tell everything that I have kept so hidden for so long...

God Bless...
didn't we have this conversation about tussionex not too long ago?        FSM
Hello Alexis, I wanted to respond to your question in reference to Buprenorphine (BUP). Dr.Schottenfield is a NIDA investigator who has done some research for a module treatment program with some patients who have taken methadone and some that have never had either type of treatment ( total of patients in this trial were 100 ). With that in mind, his trail has shown that out of 43 patients that had been on methadone program only 2% preferred BUP over MET. so as you see this was a big difference. Now, the question I know that was important to you Alexis was the wd's. Each of the 100 patients detoxed off of BUP. The patients that had been through MET program before were 43 and out of that group 78% thought BUP was easier to come off than MET. My opinion for all the research that I have down, not only with BUP but any other programs, Methadone is the best maintenence program for long time opiate addicts and that of course is my opinion. I hope that helped Alexis great question, let me know if I can be more help. Knowledge is power...
                        Take good care of yourself, Dr.Mike
...and we'll have it again, FSM.

Thomas
4 oz.? I would routinely chug 10 or 12 oz. so count yourself lucky and smart to be curtailing it now. I know what you mean bout seeing your sister starting up. Sometimes we have more compassion for others than for ourselves. Good luck. Hope you hang in.

Thomas

I have been reading stories on this board, and I can't express how helpful it is during this time.  The w/d are bad today... I have come up to my computer to read instead of going for anonther script (which only crosses my mind every minute).  I really want to make it this time...  I have given up on doing it alone far to many failures at that.  I am trying to reach out to everybody and put this problem in the light of day.  

I read on one post I can't remember who or where but they described the bottom as when it hurts more to use than to not use.  That may have been the best quote I have ever seen.  Nothing makes you feel lower than getting more drugs when you know it is the last thing you need and you do it anyway.  I am new here and I am probably posting all wrong, but thanks.  Thanks for just being out there and so I know that this is not just me, and It can be licked...

God Bless
I'm wherever you are,,,can ya tell i love our discussions?   FSM
Jess,

So, government as drug dealer ? ?would that they were pushing the drugs I like. But I guess that would be too easy for Thomas. If the government would allow me to buy the hydrocodone and benzos I want in exchange for a few tax dollars, I might even let myself be bribed into voting for that undercooked meat puppet we have in the White House right now. Not very conscientious, but probably the truth.

Ayn Rand focuses on the native rights of the exceptional, the geniuses among us. She seldom addresses the great swell of humanity that lacks the qualifications for membership in her club. Hers is a selective purview. Her philosophy, fascinating and admirable that it is, concerns itself with those among us that can generally take care of themselves, come what may. There is, of course, much more to Ayn than this, but mine is but a post on a bulletin board.

It?s hard to access what we call government. Instead of a single mind with a single purpose, it?s a hydra ? one head getting rich selling you drugs, another trying to put you in prison for buying them.

Interesting post, Jess. You cover a lot of ground. I?ll try to give you more later.

Thomas
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question, I've been curious about that one for awhile.
Ayn Rand?!

Just goes to show you that we Addicts/Alcoholics are a few IQ points above the "Normal" sheeple out there!

"Atlas Shrugged" helped form my political philosophy in my formative years. However, I enjoyed "The Fountainhead" -Another Ayn Rand masterpiece, even more so. That Idea of Personal honor and never compromising your Ideas/Ideals for what the
Masses want. (we know what is RIGHT even though the majority of Media-fed clones out there march to the beat of "four leg good, two legs baaaaad"- George Orwell, "Animal Farm" -- another masterpiece that should be REQUIRED reading for 7th graders, and AGAIN after they've been exposed to the Major University LIES about the *goods* of collectivism/Marxism/Socialism/Communism that are unfortunately being pounded into their fragile psyches...

Don't misinterpret my Diatribe above, for my political philosophy is: Objectivist Libertarian. So, I'm registered as an independent at the election office. I used to identify more with the republicans than the Dems, however, they are all turning   into republicrats, and Democrats are now Democans... Not much difference.

I find it interesting with all the increasing forced socialization coming into own County at this time, we are approaching a similar State that Germany was faced with just before WWI. Remember this post... Print it out so you can compare this prophecy to TRUTH in the coming years...

Our Federal government is running out of income quickly! Their solution is to gain EASY money preying on Addicts by taxing a necessary commodity for a smoker. Soon this money will dry out as the Tobacco companies will soon be out of business. Right now Cigarette smokers (mainly lower to middle class) are paying an astronomical 750 BILLION dollars in taxes annually to the Federal, State, and County governments. Without this Additional federal income, we would be in debt to the tune of 9-10 trillion by now. (these high taxes were instituted by Congress as part of the Bush plan -GHWBush in 1991, and subsequently RAISED to astronomical levels by the Clinton administration in '92 and FY '94...
All good things must come to an end... The Tobacco companies are slowly going out of business, or getting into "Safer" endeavors now. SOOOOooo, Where are we going to get the money to run our bloated Government system? Have you listened to the news lately? You see, People Being Fat (obesity) kills more people than smoking, AIDS, Accidents and suicide combined! Look for taxes on all fast food purchases, Fatty foods in the grocery stores are already being taxed in geographical test areas around the country....

Here's the KICKER. Do you REALLY think that our Government is doing this to promote "Healthy Children" and "Healthier Adults"... WRONG! What we have here is a continuing system of stealing from the weak, and giving to the Power structure (State and Federal Governments) to keep the power where it BELONGS-- With the "right" people. Those who choose to make our choices.

Another little fact for all of us. Four states are passing laws decriminalizing Marijuana, and it will go through by 2004. I thought that was a great Idea at first, as I WOULD use it for pain/anxiety occasionally IF it were legal. Here is the PROBLEM. In all the proposals up for vote, it is spelled out that the STATE will monitor the growth of the plants, handle distribution to state-run pharmacies where you could purchase a "License" to buy your weed. This would be sold at a cheaper cost to the user... However, it would be a crime to share your stash with any "Non-Licensed" user. Also a crime to possess more than an Ounce, and a mandatory 5-year sentence to grow/sell/process the plant.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Our government NEEDS alcoholics, Junkies, prescription addicts no matter HOW much they disavow and pretend that they want a "Safer" and "Healthier" place for the "Children"....

I.) Russia, starting around the mid to late 50's ENCOURAGED high Vodka consumption, thus getting back much of the *evenly distributed* money back to the Kremlin to be put to better use in weapon's development.

II.) United States for DECADES has encouraged the fast fix of any new pill to *help our children* which WILL create another BIGGER generation of drug-dependant individuals that will by the very nature of the cost of these medications bring more of our hard-earned money right back to our government to be used for increasing further dependence on medications THAT will be soon administered by a Government-controlled "Free" prescription drug plan for all of us...

I'm not going to go into ALL the countries that will be or are setting this system up for "Our own good" --- Just keep your Eyes peeled. It is coming.

Whoa, was that a rant or what? ?!

All good things must come to an end... The Tobacco companies are slowly going out of business, or getting into "Safer" endeavors now. SOOOOooo, Where are we going to get the money to run our bloated Government system? Have you listened to the news lately? You see, (obesity) kills more people than smoking, AIDS, Accidents and suicide combined! Look for taxes on all fast food purchases, Fatty foods in the grocery stores are already being taxed in geographical test areas around the country....

Here is another little fact for all of us: Four states are passing laws decriminalizing Marijuana, and it will go through by 2004. I thought that was a great Idea at first, as I WOULD use it for pain/anxiety occasionally IF it were legal. Here is the PROBLEM. In all the proposals up for vote, it is spelled out that the STATE will monitor the growth of the plants, handle distribution to state-run pharmacies where you could purchase a "License" to buy your weed. This would be sold at a cheaper cost to the user... However, it would be a crime to share your stash with any "Non-Licensed" user. Also a crime to possess more than an Ounce, and a mandatory 5-year sentence to grow/sell/process the plant.

II.) United States for DECADES has encouraged the fast fix of any new pill to *help our children* which WILL create another BIGGER generation of drug-dependant individuals that will, by the very nature of the cost of these medications, bring more of our hard-earned money right back to our government to be used for increasing further dependence on medications THAT will be soon administered by a Government-controlled "Free" prescription drug plan for all of us...

Whoa, was that a rant or what?

By the way, I'm writing from a different computer tonight, but I am STILL the same person who goes by:

JesseSarpy
jessesarpy
JessSarpy

I would be interested in some of you *longtime posters* to respond, add, or criticize this rather lengthy piece!

You are ALL invited to comment, but I'd REALLY like to hear the opinions of:

Thomas
Skipper
MrMichael 67
Witchy Woman
Angst (are you still around lurking?)
Fishman
Groovy
Hippy
GWH
Our NEW Doc Mike
Kell
Smokethisvette

For you guys I didn't mention, I'm not playing "Favorites"-- It's just that these particular posters seem to have a core of beliefs that will either clash with what I've written about, or have much agreement. This is really an experiment to measure where we, the ones with some hardcore beliefs, all stand!

*I know I've Omitted some very important people to ME and to this message board, but you know who you are! You are the Involved and caring/loving types that help us out SO much in those dark days of depression... You are the Loving Humanists that this world could not live *harmoniously* without!!  

Love, and waiting for YOUR perspectives!
Jess

P.S. I will re-post this up top!

Wow thanks for the advice.. I would not have believed how good a bath felt until I took one.  In fact I think I will return for a while..  So tired right now...  Thanks again...

God Bless
jess:
yow what a rant!!!! i take only minor difference with what you had
to say. out of all the books and authors, you left out WS Burroughs
"naked lunch" and "the wild boys." also James Foagle's "drug store
cowboy." and last but not least the fiction and poetry of Charles
Bukowsky, who in the words of Gean Genet "expresseed man's utterly
brutal attittude for his fellow man. forget all that **** about the
rigtwing/leftwing. LBJ was almiost as big a monster as Richard Nix-
on. i just changed my affiliation to democrat so i could get in on
the campaign of stormy dean for govenor of our tax-me state. why?
because i cannot tollerate one more minute of that whiny sniveling
coward of republican who will be responciable for me probably los-
ing my job tomarrow. repubulicans hate education if it isn't k-12.
Mike Johans is a utterly contemptable coward who deserves only a
quick and mercyfull ending!

like i said before- it's me, the taxman, blindjoe death, and jones.

keep an angel on your shoulder
kip
If you have access to a bathtub or jacuzzi, get in some hot water now. Even if all you've got is a shower, turn it on hot and stay in there as long as it lasts. Hot soaks are extraordinarily effective at the point you're at. When we spend our lives focused on a drug to relieve every unpleasant aspect of life, all our other resources fall away. You have to reinvent those resources now. You're at the break point in hydro WD. Get past it, and you've got a chance. The hot soak will work whether you believe in it or not. Stay in there all night if you have to, but don't leave that house!

Thomas
Stormy....

I'd vote for him. I Met Johans at a political function. Man, what a little, whiny stuffed suit he is! His wife is definitely the brains behind that operation.

GOt your Pic's Skip! I just about fell out of my chair.... You Look 95% like my Uncle Mark in Alaska. Meaty-boy looks just like he should... and you're a lucky guy having that "Rose" of an Irish Rose around ya'!

Well.... You're at work now, Right? Keeping the job I hope.....

Later,
Jess
.....undercooked meat puppet.......

I like that. I had HOPED that he would turn out a little bit smarter than the media had portrayed him..... Wrong.

Not that a president needs to be a Rhoad's Scholar (ha ha, we know where that led to...)- Just having the ability to put the right people around you, monitor world events, and DON'T Micro-Manage like a Carter..

I was on a "2 Pot o' coffee high" last night, so I had to rant.

Take care...

Jess
I sure wish that someone with the perspective of working on an oil rig would post here...

Jess
He's busy getting his butt pinched.