Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Cost of suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Cost of suboxone

Can anyone tell me ball park range, the cost of suboxone? Also if you had to choose btn suboxone and methodone which would you choose? I know some would choose neither, but I am looking for pros and cons to both. I already know the cost of methodone, but can't seem to find pricing of suboxone.

Thank you
in my small city the 1st office visit is between 500.00 - 650.00 and the script s around 160.00 and no one accepts ins.  Methadone is around 350.00 a month
same here in the south...600 bux to get started..then the doctor charges 300 bux a month just to write the scrip..that goes down to 200 a month after 4 months...then the scrip costs..some insurance covers the scrip..most of the doctors will not take insurance as they are out for clean cold cash/as a rule..have observed here that sub doctors are pretty much on the lower end of class in the doctor world...
my virst office visit was 300.00 no insursnce taken with him,.i could buy my meds from him at 10 a 8 mg pill.. i choose to run it thru insurance (i checked it out first) i paid a 60 co pay. 2nd vist with him was 100.00 two weeks later same co pay but a month's of pills still a 60 copay..pro's if i bought from him it would be NEVER on  my medical recourd even for goverment jobs!!!now the subs are on record which still is no big deal. My dr. has me down to 6 mg's a day. around the 1st going down to 4 will be there for a month. then 1 mg either every week or every 2 weeks up to me and how i feel. my dr is good and it was my choice, my choice was painless as possable, he will wean me down to nothing his words were IM NOT A DRUG DEALER....my girlfriends reg gp  dr. was sub cerified she goes once every 3 months .pays 20 for her visit and 40 bucks fof 3 months worth of pills..her dr. said he would keep her on subs as long as she likes.. he also gives her xanax's at her will... mine gives me valiums, they dont help me much. but i havent felt the need for a a benzo either. i feel great. the sub buzz is long gone but i dont think about pills at all..my reg gp has no idea way i havent been asking for my monthy script, so if anything happens i can always still get them. due to chronic pain. the subs are helping alot with that to. i have to have a shoulder surgury soon. all i have to do is get off the subs for 3 or 4days amd i will be good to go.. pm with any qeustions you may have btw i live in northwest fl... make your choice for you and only you...diane  btw i now see him 1 a month for 100.00 then my 60 for my copay for the subs....
At Walgreens in New Orleans,LA suboxone costs 375.00 for the month.I had personally asked. I know you can get them cheaper at a discount pharmacy. I would never choose either. If I had to though it would be suboxone b/c methadone is the so addictive and hell to come off of! A lot of people on here will tell you about coming off of both.
My initial visit was $190, plus the cost of the subscription, which with my insurance was $50. But he only gave me two weeks' worth. I ad to go back, pay another $100+ before getting another scrip. Later,a doctor much closer to me (12 miles, compared to 90) began offering suboxone. He actually accepted  my insurance, which cost me only about $15 for the office visit, plus my $15 co-pay for the meds. I thought everything was fine until  right before I called to see about getting a refill, he got busted; not anything to do with subs and really not even him. Someone in his office had taken some blank scripts and signed his name. Now I don't have a sub doc, but that's OK. I'm planning on getting off anyway. But, to answer your question, it varies widely, but mostly it's pretty expensive, and the docs know little about this drug.