Could Use some detox support

Hi everyone,

I am detoxing off of Percocet right now. It's not my first withdrawl, I'm so angry at myself for letting this happen again. I have a very long story I won't get into right now but cold really use some support of others in the same boat. I don't know anyone who understands what withdrawl is like.    Scarlett
Hi Scarlett and welcome! You've come to the right place. I've said many times before, everyone here understands and no one judges. We all know what withdrawal is like. I've gotten clean twice before, this is my third time. Even though I was at my highest usage of Vicodin, it's been way easier for me to deal with WD because of everyone's support here. I am just about to finish day six of cold turkey. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions Or ask for advice. Someone will always be glad to offer their support. Stay strong and keep posting.
welcome Scarlett!  i totally agree with the above poster....this site is awesome....it has helped me get to day 15....well will be in a couple hours....just ask if you have any questions....we are here to support each other and know that we want to to succeed!!  take care and good luck!!  hope you get some rest tonight.....sleep hasn't made it's way to my house yet...lol
Way to go toothfarie! Keep up the good work!
thank you Abby!!  this site has saved me from being alone in this and i have gotten some great advice!!  
Hey Scarlett, also welcome! I've been there so many times! The only thing I can say is that withdrawal really does S**k! At least you do know what to expect! Hopefully, this will be the last time you have to do this, right? Please do post you story when you have the time and feel like it! We can totally relate! And yes, as the other girls have said, please keep posting with any questions or if you need some support! Take care, I wish you all the best!
Well you just ran in to a ton of people who know first -hand what withdrawl is like.

Welcome....

Opiate withdrawl not all that fun..but.......a necessary experience when on the road to recovery,  Going through that made me never want to use again,,,,,,

but,,,,,,,,the memory of that awful week will soon fade. For me it was not even close to a deterrent....thats when aftercare is very helpful...

I stop fighting,,,i basically surrendered,,,,,,surrendeedr to the fact that Opiates proved to be a power greater than me....If I could control how much I would take I wouldn't be here,,,,I've accepted that jsut for today I'm not going to take some pills.....tomorrow I will do the same,,,,,

..come over to the other side,,,,( its better)   ;-)

Free~
Hi Scarlett~

I am adding myself to the list also.  Please share a bit about yourself.  We are a great support system.  You dont have to be a prisoner to these pills anymore.  We are living proof that change is a good thing.
We can help, just keep posting.  I am 10 months clean, but it took this group to help me make it happen.  Great support and good advice.  What are you doing to help with the withdrawals??  Reminder to keep hydrated and try to get some food down if you can.  Don't forget the imodium!  Who knew that stuff would be so important when detoxing.  Glad you got here.
Hi Scarlett
Well we sure know what withdrawal is like.  I have been through it many times and hopefully for the final time recently.
Have you used the Thomas Recipe before?  If not, scroll down to the bottom right of this page and there are some very helpful things to make the withdrawal easier.
I found imodium, vitamin b, ensures or boosts, crackers, soups, puddings and especially gatorade to be very helpful.
Also, sticking to this forum like glue and posting as often as  I could.
Hope you are doing okay.
Pat
Thank you all so much. I don't really know how to use this site correctly.
I posted my story somewhere else titled. How do I do this again.

I am so grateful for people i can share with without judgement. After the amount of times I've been through this and even in a detox hospital I know no one would understand but other addicts. I'm on day 2, can't stop crying, so mad at myself. I'm trying hard to hide all this from my children, they have seen me sick too much. My husband just keeps telling me your going to beat this. I'm trying to believe that right now but my emotions either bad anxiety or deep depression keep my mind clouded. Thank you all again. I'm hoping I will hear from you again and I can let this out as it comes.
  Blessings- Scarlett
Well I thought your name sounded familiar lol.
Like I said on your other post, this will pass.  It's just a horrible part of the withdrawal.  I found percocets really depressing to come off of.
That's why I keep saying I don't want to fall into that black hole again.
I know how bad it is.  
I hope it passes soon for you.
I haven't heard of the Thomas recipe before but am doing a lot naturally to help. Valerian for sleep. I have muscle relaxers but they aren't helping. Using emergerncy and trying to drink shakes. Also black cherry juice helps with leg pain, something called Amino fuel that is full of B vitamins and amino acids and Aleve which doesn't seem to help at all. If any of you have something to add that would help please let me know.
Thank you Pat,

What day are you on of your withdrawl? I do think the mental is far worse than the physical.  I do remember during my last withdrawl exercise helped with the depression. I haven't done that yet, I guess I just need to force myself no matter how I feel and get out of this bed.