Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Crazy for info.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Crazy for info.

56 y/o male, hep C, recently addicted to vicodin within the last couple of months after surgery in April.  Going through withdrawls day 12.  I am exeriencing the crazy legs things again.  Is that normal?  Feeling unusual in my stomach and back. Every, Very, Very emotional.  Not sure what is normal.  Can someone please reply?
Hi and welcome to the forum,

Many people will tell you to take some potassium supplements and eat some bananas.  I would also recommend tryin to stretch and exercise to make you feel better.  You may not want to but that is just the addiction talking.  Body and mind have been compromised but your spirit can drive both of those things and make them feel better.  Here is my theory:

Recovery takes time because it hurts three important elements of you....Mind Body and Spirit.

It affects your mind by relacing a lot of your primative desires such as the need for food or love.

It affects you body by making it more susceptible to illness and slows the effects of anti-biotics, as well as taking longer to heal from minor scratched.  It also takes away the need for exercise and beneficial effects of it.

It affects your Spirit by both harming the mind and body.  That is why it is so hard to stop and why your pregress is amazing.  You have truly done an amazing thing.

Here are ways to rebuild the three elements.....

Body- exercise, eat healthy, and get enough but not too much sleep.

Mind- Play like a kid and try to learn something every day like you are doing on this forum.  

Spirit- Find a higher power, whether it is the people who are concerned for you here or if possible put it in God's hands.  You can have no better safety net than the "God of your understanding"  However, remember if you feel like sometimes he or she doesn't hold you accountable remember that we do : )  Stay Strong

Good luck and welcome to the forum you will find great people here.
I was bit by a Black Widow spider which affects your nervous system and also |I know that going cold turkey also affects your nerves.  Is that why I'm having so much problems with my recovery?  It's hard to tell which symptoms are from the bite and which are from the withdrawl (withdrawal).  Is ther a connection?  
I hope that you found medical attention for the spider but I would be lying if I said I knew anyway to connect those two together.  I know some information about addiction but none about spiders.  I can tell you that recovery is hard no matter what the circumstances.  Every one stuggles with it and when they say one minute one hour one day at a time it is not just a cool phrase at the AA meetings.  It is as true as anything I have learned in my life.  If you don't lose a limb from the spider bite, put that out of your mind and devote your attention and motivation towards fighting this monster.  It could stick around for a while this time and when you recover could go away for a long time maybe months or years.  But the second you need something more than your higher power it will come back stronger than ever.  You don't realize when you turn it away that it is working out the whole time and can't wait to fight you.  Good Luck and ask anything but don't really on us too much as recovery will be all on you.  We can help but its only knowledge you have to turn it into wisdom.
Fortnately, I am not craving the drug....It was doctor prescribed and was very cautious while taking them.  I knew enough that I didn't want to become addicted and was smart enough to be cautious about it.  Still, due to the surgery, I became addicted and very pissed at the doctors because they did't listen.  Moving forward I decided to go cold turkey and have been struggling with withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms......today is day 12.  I appreciate all of the replys and appreciate that there is a site that I can go to for support when w/d symptoms become unbearable.  It help that there is someone out there to understand and talk to.
How long did you take the medication?
About 2 1/2 months
Just stay strong I am sure it will get better and talk to your doctor about it but don't take anymore as the addiction will constantly get worse every time you start up that hill.....good luck
HI  what your experiencing if fairly common as fare as your symptoms go  for most they come and go  for a wile things will come around in about a month for you your habit was short lived to me it sound more like you where dependent then addicted the difference being addicts take them for the euphoric effects or to increase energy wile someone dependent only takes them as prescribed and is not looking for the effects only you can decide witch category you fall into if you are an addict there is recovery and thing you will need to change and do to get threw this as far as some of the symptoms go scroll down to the lower right of this page there are the health pages look up the amino acid protacal .....there are some things that get depleted in our bodys form this stuff you need to put then back in in order to heal also potassium /magnesium/ will help with the restless legs as will tonic water hang out on our site look up the aminos and best of luck getting back on your feet congrat on 12 days clean also............Gnarly        
thats right Iwas just dependent. So u say about a monthbefore I really feel normal cuz I already take all that stuff u mentioned I taking some leg cramps stuff valerian root sleepy time tea and benadryl is that stuff any good
all that is good stuff but look up those amino acids there the building blocks of life.....Gnarly
My bowels are very slow what do I do take laxitive or stool softeners also how long before they start working properly
mirolax works good try a cap full every day till moving again then you can ween of to every other day then none things should be better within a month
Thank God for u and this site I gonna try and go to sleep just took my valerian root hope it works as well as last nite God Bless and g nite
gnarly is right- Miralax is awesome! Mix 1 capfull with water, juice, tea, or soda and you will never know its in there. You'll be sh*tting like a goose in no time! Ita available @ any drug store, Walmart, or even Dollar General in a generic form. It is quite pricey, however (approx $8-$17). You can also try the Hyland's Restful Legs for the RLS, found at any of the same stores as the Miralax, except maybe Dollar General. (and no generic form, I dont think.)
Well Its Day !3Just got up at 8 had abanana and my leg cramps stuff hope i have a better day than yesterday did alot of crying. I sure that phase of this mess is over soon how long does that take Had trouble falling asleep last nite almost toot a valium that I think would have been a bad thing getting to take walk then see how my legs are gonna be today last week it seemed like leg problems were over now I know that they return sometimes/ Ijust wish this would get all over with
Going on fri to see my surgeon already told them 3 different times that I felt I was becoming dependant on the meds. They just told me to go home and rest didnt even offer advice or help how ****** is that. This time I am going to ask for something to help me with my legs maby something to help sleep So that is my plan, thing they help? even tho this is day 13 I still feel bad
OK this is really getting old my legs are starting to give me heck right about now been clean 13 days for this to be happening I pray all the time dont want to loose faith but it sure runs real thin some times. Im home all alone and have no support right now feeling awfully lonely and alone would appreciate any and all feedback
Hang in there guy you come out of this a bit more slowly when you over 50 but with a little time you should be fine try the highlands stuff I took it and it worked good for me.. by the end of the month you should be feeling a lot better time is your friend in this game try not to compare yourself to others these 20 somethings come around a lot faster and I have noticed a direct coloration  to age and getting well good luck and good bless    Gnarly  
Its a dogone shame that a growm man sit around crying allthe time I have to get past that and I really enjoy you replys what can I do about the helpless feelings seem like everyday  I do get a little better but the evening comes along and all goes bad again
It will get better!!

I've read alot about Hyland's Restful Leg. It's a supplement that you can get at most drugstores or vitamin shoppes. I don't have experience with it myself, but I've read GREAT things about relief.

The emotional stuff is also normal! I'm on Day 6 and am all over the place emotionally - totally, totally normal.

I'm glad you're here, and I'm glad you're posting. It does help. We're all here to support you and what you're going through.

The bite isn't helping, I'm sure. How long ago was the bite? Widow bites can cause muscle cramps, weakness, tremor, nausea, and such.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Try the Hyland's, keep up the potassium, and try to stay positive. It will get better!
It was around the end of April, bit me on the chest went to ER three times beforo infection worked its way into chest and was starting to infect my heart hence emergency surgery then my nitemare began
oh I do take Hylands but its not the one you suggested its for leg crampl was told to get quinine thats all I found
Why is nite alwas the worst part of the day its always so lonely its like not having  support on the spot for me I try to stay busy till its time for bed
fishing for conversation not finding much
Sometimes it helps to read through the boards... it's not real-time chat, but it's helpful to read others' stories and hear what has worked for them. Sometimes that can get you through.

I also found a recovery chatroom called lifering - do a search for it. It doesn't have automated bots in it, no ads, and people there are all in recovery. Maybe give that a try. I know nights are rough, especially when you're in w/d.

Can you take something for sleep? Benadryl? Tylenol PM? Ambien?
I have my cocktail of valerian root banadryl and sleepy time tea it alright but it takes awhile
Day 14 cant sleep my little cocktail of benadryl sleepy time tea and valerian isnt working tonite. Does anyone know if I could take a valium would it put my recovery in jeopardy
Sleep deprivation is very wearing! Take what you need to to get some sleep and you'll feel better. I wouldn't take anymore Benadryl; it can cause restless legs. The Hylands formula you need to take is Hylands Restful Leg. It contains quinine and it works!  Keep forcing fluids and eating well. Try a formulation of Melatonin and valerian root before the Valium; it works well for many people.

The emotional part is perfectly normal. I'm surprised at these symptoms after 2 months but we're all very different!  Keep an eye on that spider bite and report anything unusual to the doctor.

Good luck and try not to think about all this so much...distraction helps!!
hasnt been two months and icant go to store for melatonin so tou say no to valiumit has been 14 days
You said you've been "addicted for the last couple of months". That reads as two months to me.

My preference would be to not take the Valium but you're a big boy so take it if you want. It shouldn't hurt you as much as the sleep deprivation will.  I just think it's a bad idea to take any pills. That's just me...

You'll be fine. Talk to the doctor again about this. He needs to help you and that's his/her job! Don't be shy...be firm!

Can someone go to the store for you?
I didnt take the valium so im still on the straight and norrow just toughed it out it was 4am so no nobody could of went to the store. But Im alright now day 14 still clean I really didnt want to take the pill I was just upset cuz I couldnt fall to sleep still in the weeping stage so it might of been a big part of it.got up this morning and tossed the valium down toilet GOODBYE PILLS no temptation
Early this morning you advised me to try melatonin and valerian root can you tell me in what amount of each
This is getting old pretty fast 14 days in and still having w/d i would think id be further along. Most of the symptoms are RLS I bought hylands leg cramps instead of restless leg kind I think it was Vicki 595  who suggested it. My wife is going to stop at lunch today and pick it up as well as melatonin.Anybody have any other tricks up thier sleeve that works more than happy to hear about it.
If after 14 days you are still having physiacl withdrawals it is time to talk to a professional.  It is unlikely after the amount of time you were on pain pills you should still be having physical symptoms.  However I am not a doctor and I urge you to open up to one and find the root of this problem.  Withdrawal symptoms are difficult find and answer to.  I would be careful about diagnosing yourself as if you keep telling yourself these are withdrawals and don't seek help now, you will likely be prolonging the inevident and making the situation worse......Good Luck
I was sort of thinking the same thing thanks and god bless
i had no energy at all and headaches for the first three weeks ( at least that i remember ) and the RLS for a long time, maybe for the first month, it was taking a toll on me but hey, there will come a day when RLS will disappear.... i took also mineral suplemments, magnesium+calcium, lots of bananas, you could also drink tonic water as it has quinine on it and i found that a cold gel or ice helped me with RLS on my arms and legs ... Good luck :)
Its good to hear that cuz Bubulous got me to thinking maby I am well And now is the time for more positive thinking. Not that there is something eelse wrong with me God forbid. Although I do have Hep C and recently been bit by BLACK WIDOW spider had surgery that is how I ended up in this mess. Plus the fact that Im 56 yrs old. But Im glad to hear laurel tell me the same pretty much happen to her I assume u r a girl. Thanks alot and God Bless
Is smoking pot any help with RSL or will it aggravate it
Although their are likely many people who do smoke pot for various things......

This is not a topic for this forum.  If someone decides to message you that does not concern me.  Most people on here can't smoke pot, drink, use, or even think about those things.  I hope noone tells you it is ok as likely someone else may think it is ok.

No offense.

My opinion is no it is not a good substacnce to use for RLS.  There are medicines for it also home remedies.  Replacing a substance with another is no better and it marijuana could make it worse.
Thank you very I wont be trying it I just asked cuz I did read somewhere on one of these sights of people saying that it helped them with rls. You seem pretty knowledgeable so I think Ill go along with u
OK I have my melatonin in hand now how I take as the bottle says or do have a certian mix?Please get bact to me and let me know.
Tonite I feel better day 14 clean yesterday was not good I think Im finally past the crying part cuz I have not cryed all day I guess all the good advice I got last nite helped me today my legs feel alright cuz of the restful legs.I will find out how well the melatonin works little later. I have also been able to sit and watch a whole program. I call that progress. So thanks for all the info good nite and God Bless
about the melatonin... you need taking it  before going to sleep and being in a dark room because this is the way it works.. about the doses, i would try one and if it doesn't work, take another one half an hour later..

have you tried taking a bath with epsom salts before going to bed? it helps too with RLS :)
Day 15 and I am still clean,Feeling a bit better no crying. Lets see what the day brings.I want to thank everybody who is helping me to understand a bit more about this disease.They have been a great help. I have no questions right now but if I have any at all I know where to go for honost and good advice.So Thank all and GOD BLESS                   I know I probably was a pain in the but and for that Im sorry.
My Problem that seems to be bothering me now is constipation the feeling i very annoying and drives me crazy .Gnarly suggested miralax also said some thing about tapering does that mean the stuff is habit forming?The Dr gave me some stuff called colace will that work and do I have to ween my self off the stuff?
4pm day 15 just got back from N/A meeting also stoped to see Pastor Vic The day is what I make it today is good. Had some 1 on 1 counciling at N/A seems to   of gone smoothly. Had a long talk with pastor Vic and had nice prayer session God bless.
same ole stupid problem cant get to sleep tonite I have tried alot of things they dont work if they do its only a 2 to3 days. I find it hard to belive after 15 days Im still having RLS and cant sleed how messed up is that? I have tried Benadryl Vaerian Root Even tried Melatonin oh dont forget the sleepy time tea. What to do if I cant sleep it makes no sense to jyust lay there. Anybody know of anything else? I am sure happy I flushed those 5 valium cuz I would tske one cuz|I have DR appt in morning at 930 AM dont want to miss it
I see people here are like the Drs they just hang you out to dry.||Being on this site is like talking to myself nobody responds thouhgt |I came here for support where is it?Oh maby I asked a stupid question or two but hey Im ignorant to this I have never done this before i DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO and | am truly in fear cuz my recovery is taking so long.It has been 30 plus years since I detoxed from horion ane we used meds back then we used valium darvon and hydrocloride for 21 days.
hey, sorry, this is a slow time...and don't worry about asking... there are no stupid questions. I feel your pain cause i also had RLS for a long time and it is really exhausting for the body and the mind. From the first time i detoxed and the second time, i felt a difference because the second time i took a lot of mineral suplements, bananas, etc... RLS were better the second time but nonetheless, i had RLS for a long time. I really found that ice and cold helped, i found a gel that was like ice to relieve legs that was quite useful at times .... can you take a bath now to relieve a little how you are feeling ?
Day 16 off to yhe Dr gonna give them heck today for not offer advice when I first told them I felt that I was becoming dependant on the meds they were giving me. Not that any one cares.I was dissapointed|T|hat | couldnt get more info from you guys thanks for the help I did get from the few who did respond and |GOD BLESS all.NOW OFF TO THE DR.
Back from the Dr didnt go very well Iguess I sais something wrong. Told them at the worst part of going c/t that it was so bad that I felt like if Ihad agun I would of ate it ,its like yelling them you will kill them in anger. So I ended up in the psych ward. When I finally talked with the Dr in psych ward he let me go but caused me to stay there like 4 hrs bummer Thought you guys might want a little laugh
Im on day 17 clean from c/t has anyone ever gone that lomg and still had trouble sleeping if so how long did it take to get back on a regular sleeping schedule I ask cuz I have been sleeping with melatonin or valerian root sleppy time tea and benadryl can somebody let me know if they have the same exoerience PLEASE
Hey I've been reading your posts and my heart bleeds for you!  I'm sry your having such a hard time.  I'm on day 25 C/T and know your pain.  It ***** but is do-able.  I never did more than prescribed but still after 2 yrs my body was addicted as was my mind.  Sleep and RLS were/are my worse enemies also.  I READ THIS SITE CONSTANTLY!  Still do.  I did the amino acids/vitamins/melatonin/hylands RLS/exercise/hot showers/heating pad/prayer.  To sleep I still have to take a walk then come home and take a long very hot shower.  Then I take the melatonin turn off the lights and do prayers then read.  It's the only was I can get to sleep.  I also use a heating pad.  I found the benadryl made my RLS worse.  I know I told you nothing new I just want you to know you aren't alone but you can do this!  It is a very up and down and bumpy road.  When you think it's over wham....it's back!  It's funny but for some of us the physical overwhelms the mental and I don't know why.  Do you take an antidepressant?  Maybe that would help.  Not meaning to suggest more drugs but I had to go back on mine so I could get off the pills.  Good luck to you!
No I take nothing just the stuff you mentioned.It wasnt the RSL that stopped me fr sleeping just couldnt go to sleep. I had some valium 5 of them had 8 when this started but I flushed them a few days back. Did take the other 3 when the insomnia was real bad like days 4 and 5. Checked with advice nurse and a few other people to make sure it didnt ruin my recovery. Still I tossed cuz somebody here on the sight reminded about trading one drug for another. Determined to do it on my own.Still trying to get some sleep just had sleepy time tea and 2 valerian root capsules. Thanks for reply been so long sinse anyone has replied and GOD BLESS
I hope that works for you.  I know how it is to want to sleep so badly and you can't.  I don't know if it would help you but if your Dr would consider an antidepressant, Cymbalta turned the corner for me.  I had stopped Cymbalta/Ambien/MS Contin/Perc's all @ once and thought I was gonna die.  Got to day 4-5 and RLS and depression were all I couldn't handle.  Got back on my Cymbalta and it has made a world ofmdifference in the sleep sept.  Just a thought.  And really try exercise and steamy shower/bath just before and keep stimulation to a minimum.  Good luck to you my friend you have done an amazing job getting to 14(?) days!
Thanks it been 17 days, i TRYED ASKING FOR SOMETHING FROM dr on friday no dice I THANK YOU FOR ADVICE ILL JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT IS GOING TO BE UNTIL IT ITS OVER. JUST HAD A BAD TIME EARLY ON IN DETOX NO SLEEP FOR 4 DAYS IT WASN HORRIBLE DONT WANT THAT AGAIN. BUT IF THATS WHAT GOD HAS IN STORE FOR ME ILL JUST HAVE TO TOUGH IT OUT SO THANKS AND GOD BLESS
Day 18 clean that seemed impossible when I FIRST STAETRD THIS WHOLE MESS. BUT I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE JUST HAVE TO TOUGH IT OUT IT FEELS SO MUCH BETTER TO ONCE AGAIN FEEL ALMOST REGULAR. STILL A COUPLE ISSUES TO DEAL WITH BUT TIME WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT.IM GOING FOR MY MORNING WALK MAY TRY A LONGER ONE TODAY BUT DONT WANT TO GURN MYSELF OUT SO MABY NOT. THIS WEEKEND I THINK I OVEREXERTED MY SELF AND WAS PRETTY SORE IN MY BACK.I HOPE BETWEEN HAVING B/M AND RESTING SOME MY BACK WILL GIVE ME A BREAK TODAY TO YHOSE WHO RESPONDED DURING MY HARD TIMES I THANK ALL AND GOD BLESS
I have a couple of questions. One I have lost 35 plus lbs during this ordeal due to no appetite when will my appetite come back. And constipation when will my bowels start working right. Is it healthy to lose that much weight so fast only been since I had surgery was dependant since shortly after leaving hispital. Could some one please at least answer the one about the   Weight loss.  This has been going on since april thanks and God Bless                                                                                                        
19 days clean feeling real good today.Just a little bit of sleepleness took 1 Motrin PM worked wonders usually they dont work for me but I slept like a baby Things are really looking up for me There really is life after after addiction just tskes time and a strong constution. 11 more days till the 30 day mark I could not be happier.Thanks and I wish each and everyone of you a great and long recovery God Bless
congrats on the 19 days. that is awesome. yes weight loss is definitely normal . m husband lost 30 lbs. during his detox from methadone. glad you are feeling better. eat lots of fruits and veggies to help with the bowels. your appetite should be returning.
yes there is life after addiction. you are on the road to recovery.have you been exercising? continue to counsel with your pastor and attend church as often as possible. there you will find healing,encouragement,prayer,strength,love .
keep fighting the good fight, keep on keeping on, press on,
keep the faith
continued blessings to you,
I haven't been on this forum in a while and just found your thread.  You're doing great!  The emotional part of detox seems to catch everyone by surprise - particularly men.  They're brought up to believe they're not supposed to cry so crying is just one more shock on top of everything else.  Let it out.  It's good for you.  Congrats on your clean time and just keep doing what you're doing.  :-)
19 days clean I would think I would past the constipation stage of this nitemare but no I have thecramps in my stomache pain in my back. Not being to able go is starting to bet unbearable.Can any body tell me why I cant get past this and how long it takes to clear up I getting desperatePlease help me Thanks and GOD BLESS AND BE SAFE
Day 20 Well  didnt sleep well barley 3 hrs sleep woke up feeling anxieties my legs bother me a bit other wise a bood so far. I drank more of that laxitive it works alright but I have to drink it evening before bed and next day if needed. Some body else told me about miralax that syuff was to strong hurt wile going to bathroom. Think I keep trying tea, HOPE FULLY i WILL START WORKING. I was told the RSL comes back sometimes is that for reaal? Cuz i dont like the feeling sort of a helpless feeling Cant wait till I clean 30 days thats next goal
21 days clean today every day seems to be better than the last day happy for that. Had some leg problems yaesterday hope they dont show up today.Other then that I feel fine not great but fine. That tea is working fine they also had some detox tea has anyone ever tried that stuff if so was it beneficial .I drank it once guess Ill try it again unless someone tells me otherwise. Thanks andGOD BLESS everyone
Today is day 21 and I feel pretty good still a little shakey (shaky) in the legs, and little hard to fall asleep but otharwise I feel well.Went to n/a metting yesterday it was good to go and hear about other stories like mine its tragig the way those pills get ahold of people. I wonder how many people are out there that became dependant on prescription meds.Well I off for my morning walk. Good luck to all and GOD BLESS STICK WITH IT U CAN AND WILL COME THRU THIS I DID
EXCUSE ME IT IS DAY 22
i was looking for your thread cause i was wondering how you were doing....it seems things are working out... sleep is the last to come but it will come and goping for aftercare is a wise decision... You will have some days when you may think that you are going backwards but it is not, be ready and don't feel depressed when you have these days, it is part of the process but for now, you are doing as great as it can be... keep fighting, hungout :)
Well it is one of those days for going backwards cuz my backis hurting and my gut is cramping. Just have to tough it out just another day The combo of both is jusy annoying.I am doing well and intend to continue to do so. Thanks for asking. Do u know whst will help with these darn cramps? There yukky  Any help is appreciated once again thanks and GOD BLESS.
Day 23 woke up this morning not feeling the best could it be from the valium I took lastnite to get to sleep? Ive taken a total of 4 during this mess. The first 3 were early on during worst of w/d. Was told by advice nurse said it was ok just as long as I dont take them longer than 4 days also a drug councilor said it was alright. There was atleast 4 days between taking pills. Longest time between taking pills was 10 days that was the one Itook lastnite.Oh dear God I hope I didnt mess things up should have never took them darn thing lastnite. But I could not sleep it was driving me crazy This is sort of crazy how sometimeas w/d come back to haunt me but I was told that sleep is last to come back. I have not been able to sleep without some kind of tes or melatonin valerian root or something. I really would like to sleep on my own how much longer?
I think I reallycould use some feed back cuz my depression has hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. HAVE FEELINGS LIKE iM ALL ALONE IN THIS WORLD MY WIFE IS SOT\RT OF TIRED OF ALL THIS AND i JUST DONT WANT HER TO BE AFFECTED BY THIS IN ANY THAT IS BAD i think she is traumatized by all this so Im not getting alot of positive stuff from her she dont know what to do for me thinking about leaving home for shelter but I dont know how I would fit in there in my situation not feeling good enough to put up with all the crazieness that probably goes on in those places. wow I dont sound like I have 23 days clean. The crying has returned why?My faith is really being stretched thin but Im trying to hang on to it.Thanks and GOD BLESS SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND
Hey man, i have followed your post and feel for you.

Are you getting any exercise? I know that a brisk walk, if you can, will help to clear your mind and create endorphins in you...it's a good thing to do for your mind body and soul...have you been getting out of the house or are you just holed up for 23 days?  You have to get out and do something...stop and smell the roses as they say.
Yea I BEEN WALKING FOR LAST 2 WEEKS I WAS OUT ALL WEEK VISITING FAMILY ACTULLY DID SMELL THE ROSES AT SIS IN LSWS HOUSE THOUGHT I WAS DOING GRAET THEN WOKE UP THIS MORNING DEPRESSED I GUESS IT IS CUZ I DRANK A VALIUM LAST NITE TO SLEEP HAS ME IN FEAR OF LOSING ALL THE HARD WORK IVE PUT INTO THIS RECOVERY IJUST WANT TO BE MY HAPPY GU LUCKY OLD SELF I MISS MY SELF SO MUCH GOT TO GO CANT SEE THROUGH THESE TEARS THANKS AND MAY GOD BLESS YOUR DAY
Day 24 yesterday was a good day excellent.I went to familys house for 1 year memorial for brother inlaw. Food was excelent philipino food.WENT FOR NICE WALK PLAYED SOME WITH GRANDSON.Ibeen watching the news about Amy Weinhouse to bad I realy enjoyed her musis RIP AMY Idont think I ever mebtioned I was 30 yrs clead fr herion proud  that I never relapsed.Now I can say Ialso beat the vicodin c/t even.When I kicked herion it was a 21 dey detox with pills hydrocloride dervon and valium. Went about my way never looked back thats what I intend to do with this vicodin. Today seems like a good no signs of w/d but Im still constipated everything I take only works a couple of days then stops I think Ill try miralsx again. Other than that and getting to sleep, thats a little hard to do last nite Ihad to drink 2 Buds I KNOW THAT IS FROWNED ON THIS SITE BUT i HAD TO DO WHAT i HAD TO DO i HAD 2 MORE VALIUM TOSSED THEM OUT THAT MAKES A TOTAL OF 8 THAT I HAVE FLUSHED FR HERE ON OUT ITS GOING TO BE JUST ME DRIVING THIS CAR NO MORE RLS STUFF OR ANY THING ELSE I THINK IT IS TIME TO TRY THIS OUT WITH NITHING BUT MY NATURSL SELF. I THINK ALL THE STUFF THAT BUGS ME IS MABY IN MY HEAD SO ITS TIME TO EZERCISE MY POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING so that is my mission today try to rid myself of all meds
but ill probably have to take ibuprophen for my back although I only took 1 yesterday might not even hurt today.I guess ive said enough so GOD BLESS and have wonerful day I am
Hey man, sounds like you are hitting the downhill side of the mountain...i'm hopeful for you...ii believe attitude has much to do with recovery for sure and you are getting the right kind of tude.
the emotional part is hard but what you are doing by exercising the positive thinking is the best. I experienced that my negative thoughts became sort of automatic negative thoughts and it took a lot of work "erasing" them so .... keep on the positive side :)
Day 25 thats sounds great dosent it? Today Im feeling a little weird in my legs otherwise feeling great cant wait for two more weeks to pass then hopefully no more w/d at all.Just sitting here trying to will those feelings away power of positive thinking it woks. I was surprised that it did work.Im just so happy I coming back even been joking around some. I had forgotten that my 2 nieces are Registered nurses got alot of advice and support from  them. and I cant thank them enough,cant thank you folks on this site enough either so THANKS THANKS to all and every one.TOPDAY iVE WALKED TWICE AND IT ONLY NOON, i REMEMBER WHEN i COULDENT WALK CUZ i WAS SO WEAK NOW IT IS GETTING BETTER PRETTY FAST. THANKS AND BLESS ALL KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT AND FOR THOSE WHO THE CANT DO THIS YES YOU CAN IF AND A OLD FART LIKE MYSELF YOU CAN TO DONT GIVE UP ON YOURSELF
Good for you. So happy for you. Keep it up.
protein shakes are they useful they seem to have lots of stuff that are talked about including amino acids
27 days clean never rhought it would come as fast as it did although first 5 or 6 days went by very slow they eventually started going by faster. Got by yesterday pretty well see if today is better if only by an inch. slept well to 2 motrin pm to get to sleep worked alright. Looked up vocodin constipstion, today im just eating fiber prunes,Kellogs fiber plus with antioxidents,cabbage and sun dried prunes with other fruits also in the bag. still useing power of positive thinking if not I have less of a chance. Just have to koop on pushing. Actually had a bowel movement lots of vegetables, fruit and warm water also took Dulcolax everything went alright this morn. Now let see if I can stay regular. so that is how my nite went how did yours go?Well keep up the fight and GOD BLESS oH THANKS ALOT YOU GUYS HAVE SAVED ME FROM WHO KNOWS WHAT,
I WAS DOING SO WELL IDONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT I FEEL LIKE CRAP RIGHT NOW MY LEGS AND MY BACK REALLY BOTHER ME RIGHT NOW. POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW.BUT I HAVE TO KEEP THINKING POSITIVE OTHER WISE I WONT GET BETTER.GOSH I DONT WANT TO SOUND LIKE A BIG BABY. BUT I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS REAL FAST. I DONT KNOW WHY I FEEL LIKE THIS, COULD IT BE THE CHANGE IN MY DIET, IVE STARTED A HIGH FIBER DIET TO START HAVING BOWEL MOVEMENTS REGULAR I HAD  B/M TODAY BUT DONT KNOW IF IT WAS FROM THE FIBER OR THE 1 DULCOLAX I TOOK WITH THE FIBER. CAN ANY TELL ME IF THAT IF THAT IS POSSIBLE? WOULD LIKE SOME ONE LIKE VIKI595 OR GNARLY-1 OR EVEN LAUREL453 TO ANSWER ME CUZ THEY SEEM WELL INFORMED. THANKS AND GOD BLESS
HI GLAD things are moving for you thats uncomfortable and a feeling all addicts know
you wil find coming off a lot of this stuff is very cyclic you get a few good days then bam your down with symptoms again this is pritty normal your detox is also especially hard because your in your mid 50s age has a lot to do with how long this takes the 20somethings come poping back like nothing happened to them each 10 yr you add you add about a nmonth of recovery time age su cks but it is something I have noticed doing this for a wile I detoxed off a 16 1/2 yr run on narcotics with the last 6 1/2 being on methadone I was 47 I thought it was going to kill me and it took every bit of 90 days to even strat to feel better no to withdrawals are the same try not to compare yourself to others each of us gets better at our own rate....are you exorsizing ?? eating the right foods drinking protien shakes all this contributes to the building blocks to getting well you got to become proactive in your recovery or be ready fro a drawn out long lasting miserable time right now your just cycling you will get past this but try some of the stuff I suggested..........Gnarly  
YES IM EXERCIZING  DRINKING PROTINE SHAKES EATING ALOT OF FIBER PRUNES HIGH FIBER CERELS DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER EVEN TOOK DULCOLAX THE MIRALAM WAS A LITTLE TO STRONG FOR ME THE SHAKES HAVE THE AMINO ACIDS YOU SUGGGESTED EARLIER SO YES IM TRYING REAL HARD THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONCE AND GOD BLESS U FOR ALL THE GOOD U R DOING FOR ALL US LOST SOULS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
i am not sure about your question....  you could try the fiber and no dulcolax for a couple of days, sometimes when i have had it, it gave me stomach cramps...Don't drink the protein shakes for a couple of days either... Keep up the good work, you are putting yourself on this and it has to pay off, hungout
DAY 27. HAD ONLY THE FIBER WITHOUT THE DULCOLAX HAD B/M NOT A GOOD ONE BUT IT WAS A B/M. TODAY I EAT CABBAGE AND HIGH IN FIBER FRUITS ONLY NOTHING ELSE. HAD TO TAKE RESTFUL LEGS AND IBUPROPHEN FOR MY BACK. DONT KNOW IF BACK PAIN IS FROM HEP C OR WHAT. THAT PUTS ALOT OF FEAR IN ME.GO TO DR ON FRIDAY WILL ASK ABOUT THAT. HOPEFULY IT IS JUST RELATED TO MY DETOX. HOPE AND PRAY THAT IT IS NOT SERIOUS. NOT REALLY READY TO DIE HAVE 4 GRAND CHILDREN I LOVE VERY MUCH , DONT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THEM GROWING UP,BUT IF I HAVE TO I HOPE AND PRAY THAT GOD TAKES ME REALLY FAST SO PLEASE PRAY FOR ME I PRAY FOR U FOLKS HERE EVERY DAY NITE SO GOD BLESS AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT
I guess my power of positive thinking isnt working today cuz I feel like Ive been walked on people warned me that w/d symptoms sometimes return well they did today not as bad as before but good enough to get my attention. Feeling sort of weepy. Tomorrow I will get back up dust myself off and try the power of positive thinking again.I really think my back pain is from Hep C it is to high up on my back for it to be from constipation, We see friday when I go to dr.Really nervous about this actully scared to death.Does any boby out there have Hep C with similar back pains, my viral load is just below 6 million cant be good Im just so tired of it taking so long. But like gnarly_1 told me we older people take longer to heal so I will have patience and see how it goes Boyoboy I have never prayed so much in my life.GOD BLESS TO ALL AND KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT
Im sitting here cant sleep Iguess Hylands Calm Forte dont work I guess that means no sleep unlessI can try Motrin PM CAN i MIX THE TWO? I anyone can tell me can u do it now so I can get to sleep
Motrin is ibuprofen, right ? if so, no problem if you are not allergic to it with taking it at the same time....

hungout, i am really sorry that you are having such a bad night.. I have been thinking about some of your questions concerning  your pain and hep c and maybe you could try posting some of them on the hepatitis forum. I know some people there have quitted opiates too, maybe they can help you better with some of your doubts .... give it a try
28 days and counting hope today is better than yesterday,it was not good to me.Finally fellasleep after I took a Motrin P/M WOKE UP AT 7AM not much sleep but Ill take.At this point any sleep is good. All the fiber seems to be working had b/m this morning. Not totally sure it is working but ill find out through the day. Just had another b/m and its only 9am. Why didnt I try this earlier I would better alot sooner.I just want to have a pain free day,As fra as going on Hep forum I think Ill wait cuz Im a little scared what I might find wait till I go to dr tomorrow. THANKS AND GOD BLESS
Last week when I went to N/A a counselor
told me about Dr Sylvestre she treats Hep C. She has aclinic on Tuesdays she takes walk up patients from 12 till 2pm. Sh
e treats them for free, so I am going next week and see if I get lucky and get a chance to see her for treatment. The.
advice nurse told me about 2 or 3 new meds that are avaiable. She said this is a little more effective.  for my type of Hep c gnome type1. i HAVE ALREADY HAD THE RIBAVARIN AND INTERFERON TREATMENTS FOR 1 YEAR. No improvement. Hopefully this new med will do the trick and help me. I still at day 28 how nice. Never thought it would be here so soon.GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Congrats on the 28 days!!!!  That is FANTASTIC!!!

And good luck at the Dr.  It's really great that you're taking care of yourself.  Feel good about that and be proud of yourself because you deserve to!!  :)
well it the worst part of my day time to try sleep. I am going to take valerian root havent taken it for a few days cuz it only worked a couple of days. Maby just maby it will work again. That will be a good niteanybody have any other suggestions?I have melatonin sleppy time tea also have some thing called relax and sleep it has melayonin valerian root and chammomile. That worked 1 time for me early on in my detox. I think it dont have enough of one thing or other the relax and sleep stuff has 75 mg of valerian root 25 mg of chammomile and 0.2 mg of melatonin while thr valerian roohas400 mg themelatonin has10 mg and the chammomile dont say how much. S what would you take ? Thanks and God Bless to all
Today is day 29 feeling alright only lingering rls. My. high fiber failed to work today.Going to Dr today see what he says about trying something else. I just hope my legs dont go south on me in the evening like they always do. I wonder why it goes bad in the evening not every day just some of the time. I hope everyone has a great and productive day MAY GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU
Went to see surgeon today, since she was the one to give me the pills thay I got dependant on that she would be prepared to help me she refused told Mr Velarde Im a surgeon we cut people we dont do that kind of stuff { prescribe something for restless leg syndrome}. I told her if she passes out that kind of meds you should have some kind of plan in place for situations like mine. she said no they didnt,go figure. Why wouldnt they want to help me if they are the ones giving access to these drugs. Anyway needless to say I read them the riot act, didnt get me any place
wouldnt even give me something for my constipation. suggested metamucil. All the things i read about constipation say need a stimulant laxative plus a high fiber diet, well not all ofthem said that. But I tried high fiber lots of water that only works 1 maby 2 times. Well I guess on monday Ill just have to go to the wellness center that means ill have to be there at 6am but it something I will have to do. She said it was not related to the pill use that is a bunch of b/s cuz I always eat lots of the stuff they say to eat. If it is not from pills why did it start when I was on those meds?any way u guys dont want to hear me yapping like an old fool so GOD BLESS and have a nice evening
Boy, sorry to see you so miserable.
Some more suggestions:
Eat popcorn every night.
Lots of water.
Fruit like cantelope is great.
Dried fruit like prunes, they really are good.

I found that too much of that Metamucil can actually cause a plug.  I would not over do that stuff.

Lots of walking. Movement helps your system move. I know if I sit alot,things don't move as well.

God Bless and I hope that may help a bit.
29 days cleane and it feels like I keep slipping backwards so as result of that I decided to stop posting you guys dont have to read this crap anymore so IM through posting .Wish you all the very best stay clean and Im going to try and concentrate on my self. Good luck and GOD BLESS     WHAT i MEAN BY SLIPPING BACKWARDS IS MY W/D SYMPTOMS KEEP COMING BACK i SHOULD BE ALL GOOD BY NOW                                                                                                    
30 days clean and counting pretty good for doing it myself with the help of some of you guys on this site. I came here to have somebody to talk to when I feel at my lowest it doesnt always work that way. To bad for that. But my belly is cramping up pretty good feel like bloated to the max. This is very annoying cant burp to feel better wish I could that is also annoying me. I guess just have to wait for it to go away by itself. If anyone wants to reply feel free to.
31 days clean with a little help from my friends
32 and counting no looking back
Glad you're doing so well!!
Day 33 still clean  feeling real good
33 days clean and now I wake up this morning and my body back buttocks back of thighs and feet hurt is that normal?Its annoying as hell . Just bathed in epsom salt a little relief but not much.I sound like I a cry baby but these are real pains very uncomfortable took ibuprophen that dont help much either. Wish I could go see a Dr but not till oct 18 unless i go to walk up at 6 am
MY ANGER IS RETURNING REALLY FAST IM AT MY WITS END  IM AM MAD AT THE DR FOR LETTING ME GET DEPENDANT ON VICODIN I TOLD THEM 3 TIMES WHAT WAS HAPPENING DID THEY LISTEN NOOOOO THERE RETARDED OR SOMETHING MY BODY PROBABLLY HURTS MORE THAN IT SHOULD JUST MY LUCK WHAT CAN GO WRONG WILL GO WRONG ITS ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER SOMETHING ALWAYS GOES WRONG THAT CAUSES ME PAIN IVE BEEN IN PAIN FOR SO MANY YEARS ITS ALMOST NORMAL FOR ME JUST SOOOOOO TIRED OF THIS PAIN I TAKE WHAT I CAN FOR IT BUT THERE IS STILL PAIN ALL I CAN DO IS TAKE IT BUT IT SURE IS GETTING OLD REAL FAST
as we get older our bodys take longer to recover. continue to trust in the LORD.HE has brought you this far and HE will continue to raise you up. keep fighting the good fight,
press on toward the high mark, pray for peace to flood your heart,mind,sou.body and spirit. i am sending prayers
debbie
it is normal that you got angry and vent here whenever you feel so... when one has to deal with some not nice stuff daily , it gets on our nerves but i don't see other solution than trying to deal with the best we can as you are doing and hoping for the day when the problems are gone.... You have been dealing with constipation for a long time now ( just read your new thread) .... haven't your doctor given a reason to you ? Mostly i have read people here complaining of the opposite ...
34 days and counting I think Ifigured out why my body hurts so much I am doing more waking and other stuff, I think my body is sore cuz I havent been as active as I  would regulart be so I think I amjust sore from exercising more. That happened every year when I was a youngster training for baseball and other sports.Feeling fine today lets see what the day brings.Thanks for opening wy mind and making me remember more clearly and God Bless
that is great you are feeling better today.
good mystery solved. just muscle aches from exercising.
debbie
35 days and things seem to be coming along pretty good. See what the days have in store for me. My legs seem to be calming down. As for my sleep I think that is coming along as well,It getting easier to fall asleep with tea or the other stuff I take valerian root, melatomin. Tonite I am going to try on my own take nothing if possible. Ive been sleeping good but not 8 hrs so I sespect I might not sleep very long if Im lucky enough to fall asleep on my own. Take what I can get till its all good and Im sleeping well on my own. thanks for listening and God Bless have a woderful day
Ohn yea my body aches and pains are getting better day by ady
My 35 th day just turned to s**t. was having a good day but just got word my cousin just died about 2 hours at 6pm Colorado time. he had lukemia, thought I had problems they pale in comparison. I guess Ill be taking a trip to colorado here shortly. Any way that is just another worrie for me I hope I handle this without nothing crazy happening like somebody else getting hurt in the rush to get there. Thanks for listening to me and God Bless.
my condolences, hungout.... Have a safe trip and hope you will be ok :)
36 days today feeling really depresssed today .Death always does that to me. To many family members have passed on just this last year we lost 3 people now 4 with Ronald.I do have a little good news Ive gained 6 lbs. Now i weigh 167 started out at 200 be happy to just get to 175.That is about what I should weigh for my height not a fat 200. Thanks for listening to my rambeling and God Bless
37 days enjoying the slow changes they add up at the end of the week it adds up to a foot.      Body aches starting to feel a little better little bit at a time.
well, even if it is a bit little, it is a good thing... it is not being an easy path but you are 37 days and you should feel proud, hungout
38 days its a great thing almost back to my old joke telling self.Anyway has any body ever tried those detox foot pads? I tried them last nite and they were real nasty when I woke up this morning. They say it helps relieve joint and other minor pains.If anyone has tried them I would like some feedback and see if thay really work cuz I dont feel any benefit from them,Maby you have to use them a few times before you feel the benefits anyway some feedback would be nice. I personally think it was wasted money.But the epsom salt baths work well try the one with cammoile in it very nice and it does relieve aches and pains. God Bless to all. Gotta go to 50 th anniversary then tomorrow off to Colorado for funeral. Lucky me
39 days and im doing well. I am still waiting for a response to my question I asked yesterday, has anyone ever tried those detox foot pads?
Total scam. Below is an old page, but if you google you find tons of new articles.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/zimney-health-and-medical-news-you-can-use/kinoki-detox-foot-pads-a-scambuster-report/
40 days all is fine expect my sleep still not quite there yet,still a bit constipated but I working on that seems to be coming along slow but steady.
Today is day 41 and I am having a bad day started at 10am still going on now at 5pm. The back pain is now going down  my right leg,still have back pain and now I have bad stomach aches.Thats not including the pain from the cyst under my left arm,Dr told me they were cysts last time I went to the Dr. Im afraid to take anything for the pain,I have some Hylands leg cramp stuff that works for lower back pain and leg cramps. Im really confused right now and dont know what to do but maby go to Dr tomorrow AM. Didnt go mto funeral cuz of this sh''''t dissapointed lots of family. Thats OK they will get over it my health is more important to me. Thank for listening and God Bless
I came here to get help not ignored at first it was alright till I asked the wrong questions then hardly anybody answered back. Guess it might be the ole boy factor and I just dont fit in. That is alright cuz now I have nobody in my corner, just have to isolate myself again. My wife was my biggest support but now she seems to be through with this whole mess. What do I do now? I really dont have anybody else to count on I thought I had uyou people but I guess not.Must not be the preferred type of person. So thanks to the few who did respond and bless you all
hey no you dont need to isolate yourself. what are you still having problems with?
Ive always isolated myselfits my way of not letting people hurt me i guess. I had came out 0f isolation when this happened to me started talking to my so called sisters.Getting ready to lose my wife now 33 yrs down the drain. Some how she wants to fix me but she cant she gets tired of me always crying i guess. I know she cant fix everything not asking her to.I dont mean to sound ungrateful but right now I have to protect my sobriety. I also have Hep C, HAVING ALOT OF PAIN IN LIVER AREA THAT REALLY HAS ME IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE.Going to DR TOMORROW HAVE HER CHECK ME OUT SOM i KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON INSIDE ME. NOW WITH MY WIFE ABANDONED ME AS FAR AS SUPPORT GOES I HAVE NOBODY THAT GIVES A CRAP ABOUT ME SO i GUESS I have to take care of myself just dont feel i can make it by myself. I have a aftercare program in place so that is good I did not become addicted to vicodin cuz I wanted to just happened after I told Dr 3 times I felt I was getting dependant on the pills she just sent me home and told me to rest a few dats thats what is bothering me.
NO COMPASSION IN THIS WORLD
your sobriety is important. 33 years of marriage is a long time. have you tried marriage counseling? i want you to know that you are never alone. GOD is with you. pray and ask HIM to comfort you and to help you. do you attend church? you can find love and support there. that is great that you have aftercare in place that is very important.
a doctors visit will help answer many of your questions and concerns. you have legit pain, you took the pills and got addicted. that happens many times, so now you are on the road to recovery. keep fighting the good fight. keep pressin on. have you tried to attend any support groups,aa/na, church based groups, salvation army, celebrate recovery,overcomers.
hope and pray you feel better
debbie
43 days clean
44 good clean days clean Thank God
45 days good for me
46 days and most of my aches and pains are gone for now atleast.Been eating high fiber diet and activia yogurt.Checked the net yesterday for how much to eat andI discovered they had a lawsuit against them cuz they were not truthful about it reliveing constipation.Im still using the yogurt cuz it seems to work for me. Has anybody had any experience with the stuff?Like to hear back see what people here think about it,I think Ill probably keep on eating it for the 2 week challenge.
day 47 not a good day all my aches and pains decided to come ouy and play today. Think I may cut back on exercise cuz it hurts alot, been soaking in epsom saLTS THAT ONLY WORKS FOR AWHILE DONT GET ME WRONG IT WORKS REAL GOOD FOR ACHES AND PAINS but my pains are stubborn they keep coming back. G od Bless to all
great job on the 47 days clean you are doing it day by day. proud of you as you should be of yourself. keep the faith, GOD is faithful. HE is healing you more each and every day.
believe,hope,trust,
may the LORD bless you
debbie
Wow..just read the entire thread, your journey. Though it scares me, I have to do the same and at 48yo, as Gnarly said, it's more difficult on the body. Thank you for journaling and sharing your pain. I too have (diagnosed in '93) Hep C and just from that alone..aches and pains can be the norm. But I want to once again lead a clean and sober life. I love what I just said. I want to lead... For too long, I have allowed myself to be lead (or is it led? nah) by pills...
48 days clean, wow what a wonder epsom salts is they work great I ready to go all my little bothersome aches are gone for awhile a  tleast. Feels good. Not thinking about drugs or craving them. Never did I guess cuz pills are not my DOC, glad for that cuz u never know I might just be back on them. Thank god for that.My DOC was pot, left over from my hippie days. Now if I stop smoking cigaretts Ill be all good, well that is another issue to be dealt with later So God Bless all and good luck
Congratulations!
HEY DUDE been folling your posts I read a lot more then I post im a slow typer good to see your at least feeling a little better it takes time it took me 90 days just to start to feel better methadone is a monster to kbick but any of this stuff is ruff on you age has a lot to do with it people will argue this with me but im obsevent and notice a direct correlation with getting well and your age its not like you wont get well it just takes longer I detoxed at 47 and thought it was going to kill me time and God heals just hang in there your doing great you will get threw this.....Gnarly
you seem to be better educated then I am about stuff like this, How many Ibuprophen at 200mgs can I take without going over the 400 whatever grains I think,that my liver can process in 1 day. Sore again and think I could use more than 200 mgs this time, really hurts. Thinking of going t ER. Thanks and God Bless
I don't have the answer for you but I am saying a prayer. It's hard to believe that there are so many variables regarding withdrawal. I just hope that you are coming to the end and win this battle, for it is surely is a battle.
thanks for your concern and prayers that really helps alot.Guess Ill wait for our friend Gnarly he probably knows. In the meentime Im going to take 2/2oomgs ibuprophen. How are u getting along?Sincerley hope u r hanging in there cuz there are better days ahead for u. On my good days I feel like brand new money, wish that was every day. My bad days are getting less just dont know what went wrong, It was told to me by a advice nurse that this is a 6 to 8 week deal before I feel tatally well I guess she was right Im at 6weeks now hope the next 2 go by fast. things are going by pretty fas tnow especially after the first 5 days they went fast now that I stop and think about it. Enough of mt rambling on God bless and keep up the good fight
I am hopeful but still uncertain how I am going to go about this. I really was clueless about what these prescription drugs do to one's mind. So, I have started the taper yesterday, didnt leave the apt. all day and I think it was a beautiful one. Will call Dr, in the am..and tell her that I need to get off these things. I have said so in the past..but she says, "Don't worry, you're in pain, you are not on a high dose..you are maintaining..blah blah blah." ..and in the past that has eased my mind. Not any longer. I cannot let myself be shackled to these awful drugs. I may have to find an addiction specialist..or rehab..or hospital. Or just get all the supplements suggested and pray I am able to stay strong and continue the taper...and pray that that helps. Talk about confusing....oy.

I have confidence u can do this as I said I didnt think it was possible for me. TRied once the week before I actually did go c/t.I MADE 3 DAYS ON THE MORNING OF THE 4 DAY ITOOK 1/8 of a methadon pill u see I thought I was smart enough to detox that way guess what I wasnt. Finally made up my mind I was going to do this and did. You can do it to.Just keep god in your corner he will not desert u. Just follow what Gnarly says cuz if u ask me he knows what he is talking about.You know the hot baths, the sleep aids all that stuff works. So with that and God u will come through just fine. Keep posting and stay strong remember u are the Capt of your own ship what u say goes, and I think u say go away and dont come back ur not welcome.If that makes any sence but u know what I mean. Remember God is in your corner and god Bless
Thanks.

I almost didnt see this, because this thread has gotten so long. Regarding your question to Gnarly...maybe you should start a new one. Just a thought :)
day 49, experienced lots of leg and feet cramps last nite never happened like that before taking it as a sign of healing ha ha. Slept pretty well lastnite. My constipation is still there took Dulcolax lastnite didnt really want to but I did cuz I was having bad stomach cramps. It seems to have worked alright cuz I had a good b/m this morning. Really wish it would get right cuz it sort of drives me nutty not being abel to have b/m without taking something. Probablly going to tell me go see Dr, cant till Oct since I have no insurance Im at the mercy of the county hospital.Paying so much for that so am looking into real insurance problem is I have preexisting condition, hard to find anyone to accept me. Still looking and hopeing.I have faith God will lead me in right direction.
It  was suggested I start a new thread, how do I go about that?
You just start a new post...at the top "post Question" click on that. Sorry to hear about bad night..it's gotta get better, right? Do you know how to send a private message? You point on the persons name and then a box pops up and Send message is in corner..and click that
OK I started a new thread called day 49 with the old me.
DAY 50 NOT VERY NICE TO ME DEPRESSION AND ANXIETIES