Curing insomnia and stress with Nyquil
I'm a Sophomore in college and sometimes I have problems sleeping. I attribute my problems partly to the stress of having to keep a minimum 3.0 GPA. I stay awake at night making lists of all the things I need to do and I being to worry that there isn't enough time to get it all done. I also have boy problems and the ever popular family issues. I also think I may suffer from a bit of insomnia. Lately I've been taking Nyquil to put myself to sleep. It started out innocently enough; it was 2 am, I had a test at 8, and I needed to get some sleep. Nyquil was perfect and I've been using it for the past week so I can get a full nights sleep. The problem is that now it's not working. It's almost 1 am, I took Nyquil almost 30 minutes ago and I still don't feel tired. I think my body is building up a tolerence to the medicine which is probably due to me using it when I really shouldn't be. I need a more natural way to cure my insomnia. Ideas?
melatonin works.
chamomeal tea and I know that is spelling is way wromg alway works for my daughter's who are both colege studets
Go to the health food store and buy Liquid Valerian Root Extract... I swear by it.. you put a dropper and a half in something to drink.. I like that Arizona Stress tea... it hides the taste. it is all natural...
people build a tolerance to stuff like nyquil fast... its also not a great thing to use alot for sleep..all those other medicines are not good for frequent use..  as far as tonight if you have any benedryl that helps some...
but i would get something more natural... its much better.. hope this helps
I gotta try this val somethign rather root...
I hear you mention it so much..Mind you what I do now works perfect but there isnt anything wrong with havine more than one outlet.......
I use kava tea it seems to work the best for me. I have tried all the other natural sleep aids and found kava tea works. sometimes I mix it with peppermint tea. I do use 2 to 3 bags per cup and a lot of milk with it!!