Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Curing insomnia and stress with Nyquil

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Curing insomnia and stress with Nyquil

I'm a Sophomore in college and sometimes I have problems sleeping. I attribute my problems partly to the stress of having to keep a minimum 3.0 GPA. I stay awake at night making lists of all the things I need to do and I being to worry that there isn't enough time to get it all done. I also have boy problems and the ever popular family issues. I also think I may suffer from a bit of insomnia. Lately I've been taking Nyquil to put myself to sleep. It started out innocently enough; it was 2 am, I had a test at 8, and I needed to get some sleep. Nyquil was perfect and I've been using it for the past week so I can get a full nights sleep. The problem is that now it's not working. It's almost 1 am, I took Nyquil almost 30 minutes ago and I still don't feel tired. I think my body is building up a tolerence to the medicine which is probably due to me using it when I really shouldn't be. I need a more natural way to cure my insomnia. Ideas?
melatonin works.
chamomeal tea and I know that is spelling is way wromg alway works for my daughter's who are both colege studets
Go to the health food store and buy Liquid Valerian Root Extract... I swear by it.. you put a dropper and a half in something to drink.. I like that Arizona Stress tea... it hides the taste. it is all natural...
people build a tolerance to stuff like nyquil fast... its also not a great thing to use alot for sleep..all those other medicines are not good for frequent use..  as far as tonight if you have any benedryl that helps some...
but i would get something more natural... its much better.. hope this helps
I gotta try this val somethign rather root...
I hear you mention it so much..Mind you what I do now works perfect but there isnt anything wrong with havine more than one outlet.......
I use kava tea it seems to work the best for me. I have tried all the other natural sleep aids and found kava tea works. sometimes I mix it with peppermint tea. I do use 2 to 3 bags per cup and a lot of milk with it!!