Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
DAY 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

DAY 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well today was pretty good. i had some problems with wds today so i needed a extra dose of suboxone(it was oked by my doctor) but the good thing was still the percs wherent on my mind. the first thing when i started to go through wds out of now where was to call my sub doctor to see what to do not the evil evil things. but im not letting it ruin my spirit im still as happy as can be about being clean im loving being alive and it seems like each day im more and more alive.
Wow you're doing so good hon I'm so proud of you! You have such a positive attitude about it, great job!
thank you very much. i figure the only way to bet this is to be positive. i mean dont get me wrong im having some troubles but im trying not to let it get to me, like im having really bad headaches and im having trouble with sleeping, well its more like staying asleep, i can fall asleep fine but i can only stay for an hour at a time, but the fact that im getting clean and seeing how preciose the littlest things are, are over riding that all
I just posted this for scared...

read slow okay..

What you are feeling is 100% normal. Your almost through the worst days of hell....trust what you read.

It WILL GO AWAY...what you are feeling right now, is your body, and mind craving the drug so bad, to bring you relief from the suffering...it is the normal w/d's...your almost done, just.. 1 more day and your through the worst part...

I know all the withdrawls and anxiety your going through..

YOUR ALMOST OVER THE WORST...You HAVE to go through this, to get to day 5...from there, you will began to see the light...and it gets soooo much easier.

JUST KEEP PRAYING, AND PUT YOUR FAITH AND TRUST INTO JESUS CHRIST!

We are here for you, BUT DONT FORGET ABOUT GOD...CALL OUT TO HIM, FOR HIS HELP.

Just keep focusing on other things than the present sufferings..I know its hard, but I coming up on day 7 from 18-20 hydros a day cold turkey, and I feel sooo good on day 6....well I did have my emotional crying moment 1/2 of the morning, but its all part of the process.

Just keep praying and keep posting!  We are here for you...your almost there, just keep running right through the Valley of Shadow of Death, and you'll come out the other side and so happy that you stuck with it.

May God Immensly touch and pour out His Loving Grace into your life!
With much love and care,
Todd

PS:  COMPROMISE IS A BATTLEFIELD...DO NOT COMPROMISE, OR LOOK BACK...JUST KEEP FIGHTING WITH EVERYTING YOU HAVE!
thank you very much. thats was really nice and trust me im praying to god everynight that he make the next day just as good or better then the last i know its him thats helping me as well, and i have a lot of sapport from here. thank you all
ur posts seem familiar k todd...were u here before?
worried,

LOL  (-:  Guess you just know me to well,..

Lots of love and blessings to you!
Love,
Todd
shes not in WD if she on Suboxone
Thank you .
no im not in wd but i am in withdrawl (withdrawal) when it wears off and my biggest problem was wd when i wake up now if your not gonna say anything helpful in my postings dont post here at all thats not what people need right now
Just ignore any comments that may upset you, its not worth it...

...the most important thing is doing what works for you, and sub treatment has very good success rates...just make sure to stick to the taper on the sub treatment, and you'll be enjoying life like never before!

Sleep well and God Bless!
Love,
Todd
I didnt say anything negitive.  Just stated a fact.

Good luck
I know,

The reason I wrote her what I did, is because she was having a panic / anxiety attack and to see if she could take another dose of the sub..which she did and was fine...

Sometimes we have to help pull people though though moments, until it passes.

God Bless,
Todd
God bless everyone...the facts are suboxone if used correctly should keep someone from feeling wd...another unfortunate fact is quitting narcs is not fun even with sub and being uncomfortable for a bit is actually liveable and we can make it...scaredmommie, i feel ur pain but quitting drugs is not easy and taking sub can help but just be safe...keep in ur mind to be  real safe and ultra cautious...Do not let sub become ur DOC....i  know people struggling now to get off sub and methadone...not a whole lot of difference as both are addicting used long term...sub is more powerful than methadone  1mg of sub= 10-15 mg of methadone...and sub can be catch u quicker than methadone as far as addiction/more quickly addicting than methadone/they say sub is easier to wd from but that is not ur goal....sub is held high above methadone but they are both tools to get clean and caution with both is so important.....a low dose of sub is best/and the shortest time is so important... 21 days or less...more than that u ave a new DOC   SUB...many need a long term solution and need drugs for lifr..personally that was not my goal but for many it is thier goal......i am not sure which i wouold choose for life...with chronic pain that i have, i would choose methadone as sub has little pain relief qualities.....r u shooting for short term and to be clean/ or long term life on a maintenance narcotics...sub and methadone would be ur choices...and God bless....God can help us but these decisions are up to us
thanky ou. im looking to get clean then after that see what else there is to do with my pain other then narcotics. me and my doctor have a taper plan already set( he made me do that before he even gave me my first sub) he said that because my adiiction was sooooooooooooo bad i will need at least 2 and a half to 3 months(that includes tapering) i was taking 30mgs or perc ever 2 to 3 hours never missing a dose. i would wake up in the middle of the night to take it. and because of that i would start wds within a hour and half of taking my last dose. i was knocking on deaths door. right now im on 36 mgs of sub but then on tuesday im going to 24 he started me so high cause of how bad i was. and with my sub dr if im not also getting counsaling and attending meetings he will kick me off the program. i belive he is a very good doctor so far. he even gave me his cell number if i where to have any probs. but from going from taking 25 to 30 10mg percs everyday to taking 3 subs a day within less then 24 hours i think im doing pretty good.

P.S. let me resay something im allowed up to 36mgs a day if need i can take less if i feel like i dont need all that in one day.
to be clear, you were taking 12,500-15,000mg of APAP a day?  When 4,000mg is  potentially lethal...

I'm just curious, where you being prescribed these 900 percocet's a month?

please disregard my last post.

sorry...