Dangers of past LSD use and spinal injections.
Dear Doc,
Iam currently under the care of a neurologist/pain mgt.
doctor for lower back/abdominal pain and severe muscle
spasms.My doctor thinks I might have left femoral nerve
damage from a recent inguenal hernia repair.So because of
all of this I go to a physical th.,a massage th.,and a pain
doc.I am on oxycontin,neurontin,ect.however,my doc. is
wants to do spinal injections.I am mortified at the thought
of injections in my back so for the last 4 months I have
put off and put off these treatments but now the drugs are
starting to not work and the pressures on for the needle.
About a year and a half ago while in  college I expiramented
heavily with LSD and pot.I have not told my doc. about any
of these experences for obvious reasons.I was told by several
people at the time I used LSD that LSD stores itself in
your  spine forever and a spinal tap or injection could cause
you to become paralized or some other horrific neurologic disaster could happen to you.Is this true?I want to keep my
personal business to myself but I dont want to loose the use
of my legs from a spinal shot because I didnt tell my doctor
about past LSD use.What should I do? Will I be okay getting
these shots? Did one of my college friends play a joke on me?
Any answers would be wonderful! Thankyou,Richard.
Also,I read on the web that you could order drugs like oxycodone
from european manufacturers and have them mailed to your address
in the U.S. legally.Has anyone heard of this or have any info.
about this topic?
I have done LSD, and have had a spinal tap.  Everything went fine, there was no pain, and I did not tell my doctor anything.  I wouldn't worry about it.
I was very concerned about having an epidural during my pregnancy because I had used A LOT of LSD as a youngster. I talked to the anesthesiologist who said I did not need to worry about it because it has no effect. It sounds to me like you are afraid of getting a needle in your spine and I can't say that I blame you. Despite the extreme amount of pain during labor and delivery, I was unable to actually go through with having an epidural. I was most definately would have one if I had another child. :) Good luck!
Spinal fluid refreshes itself completely on the order of 6 times daily. LSD does not "store" itself in your Cerebrospinal fluid, and presents no additional risk nor does it pose any complication in conjunction with a spinal injection. Spinal injections have their own risks, and LSD plays no part in that. Also, remember that you enjoy a privileged doctor-patient relationship and should feel free to tell your doctor anything if you have a question.
Thats a very good question ,
unfortunately i had done a lot of acid , every weekend for 2 years......     it was an interesting 2 years..at any rate....
a few years back i had an accident and hurt my spine ..
now im waiting  for surgery  ......   never received a spinal tap
and epidurals have been suggested..
I Have done allot of acid I probably ate somewhere around 50-75 hits in my time now I have Severe muscle spasms and abdominal pain and pains through out my body. Well now I would like to hear what you have to say please contact me Via E-Mail ASAP!!! I would like to speak with you a little more my E-Mail Address is ***@**** thank you.
I am taking 150mg Amitriptyline at night (for Depression).
This is 50mg more than i have previously, and i have taken this increased dose for nearly 6 mnths.
For the past month i have experienced sudden waves of dizziness(could be sat down or be stood up or moving), and have felt off balance on my left side when this happens. Also some other visual disturbances,feeling hot and palpitations.
The palpitations have woken me up, they have been so pronounced.
My doctor at first said he thought i had a virus, and on my visit two weeks later reluctantly agreed it may be the drug. (after taking my blood pressure).
He has suggested reducing the drug to 100mg over a month(nearly over now).It is still happening.
Can drinking alcohol with this drug cause this (though i haven't experienced this before, when i was on 100 mg and drinking heavily?
I have had two epidural injections the first didn't do anything but the second one gave me great releif for about 3 months the pain is startin to come back so I'll probably get my 3rd you are only aloud 3 a year I recomend them even if it's temporary, some people get permanete releif I think they are wondurful
There's more to worry about than LSD in your spinal fluid, like death and these warnings about epidurals and birth injury.
There's more to worry about than LSD in your spinal fluid, like [link="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9818616/"]death[/link] and these warnings about [link="http://www.consumerjusticegroup.com/birthinjury/birthinjuries2.html"]epidurals and birth injury[/link].
Just to let you know that the post you are on is from 2000 and chances those ppl are here are slim but your welcome to comment on any of the more current issues here.
i have taken close to 1000 hits of acid in the 80's early 90's.  don't even worry about all the **** you hear about it.  i'm perfectly ok, except that i am a junky lol