Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day # 11 - Love that Sleep!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day # 11 - Love that Sleep!!

Good Morning ~

4 AM here - selpt another 10 hours last night!! I sure like sleeping better than NOT sleeping.

Back pain is tolerable. I see the acupuncturist tomorrow morning - and I hope it works!!

I seem to be over the w/d symptoms - the anxiety, etc.

I still get the goose bumps every once in a while - but I can live with that.

Here's hoping for an uneventful day!!
I'm glad that you are sleeping so well. That is awesome! I am jealous! ;) I'm sleeping horribly and I am 5 months clean. That's just me though. Always have been a troubled sleeper. Congratulations on your 11 days! I hope that you have a good one!
Thanks!!

I'm sleeping good - finally!! I had a few nights with only 2-3 hours of sleep - so I think I'm catching up!!

On a negative note - I seem to be eating a LOT of sugar & have put on 3 pounds!! What's that all about???
THats awesome! You can do this, we can do this! Going to church this A.M. with the fam gonna pray for us all, my friends here at the MEDHELP forum =)
That is totally normal. I would be so famished and crave junk. I think that went on for about a month then stabilized. I think a lot of people crave chocolate and sweets after detox because they produce an endorphin rush. Once your brain chemistry starts to level back out, that should stop. What's a few extra pounds compared to a life of freedom, eh?
I craved coffee like a mofo. And when I was finally able to drink it (like right now) I used more sugar then ever. It took me 9 days to get 5 hrs straight sleep and Ive only gone beyond that a couple times since, so you are rocking that aspect! I still get the chills out of nowhere myself. My partner at work laughs at me about it. Im going to see a chiropracter tomorrow. Not really a believer but I might as well try it. Id love to knkw how the accupuncture went. Anyway have a great day and keep on trucking!
Thanks all.

I think I have been consuming sugar - mindlessly. I have a fish bowl on my desk at work filled with chocolate for my staff & others who come by. I seldom eat it.

But on Friday - I grabbed a handful & just kept unwrapping & eating them!!

I have also started to put honey on everything!! My oatmeal in the morning, my fruit & yogurt, my tea. . . . .I hope that stops soon.

Need to get out of the house for a while. I'm headed out on a 2 miles walk with the dogs.