Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 9

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 9

Day 9 and I haven't slept but 3 hours in 8 days I am so exhausted. I keep telling myself it will get better but then bam I am up all night pacing the floors my mind won't stop ugh I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired....
I am so sorry you are not sleeping...That was the last to come for me, i know how tough that is....Just hang in there, dont' go backwards..
I am rooting for you!!!
r2r
Gosh do I ever remember these days! Dang! But the good news is- It goes away more and more every single day! Once you hit the 'two week mark', you're body is moving FASTER and FASTER back to normal- Did you have a normal sleep pattern BEFORE all of this? Try melatonin- it helped me dramatically! Capsules are the best! :D

Are you on any other meds, for example: for depression, health related, etc? I realized that consuming coffee in the evening always put me to sleep at a decent hour at NIGHT, but when I drank it at night, I would sometimes stay wide awake! (happened to me last night.. lol.. I didn't feel like going to bed until LATE LATE!)

If not, than trust in your body- it's already gradually going back to normal and it takes time- I've been off of Tramadol for two months now, and it seems like sleep isn't a problem for me anymore..

Congrats on 9 days, that's SWEET! What an accomplishment it is! :D.. Take Care!
Alli
I had you on my mind all day yesterday with what you were going through. I got up and was hoping today would be better. You seem to be going through as much pain and sh** as I did last year. You have got to keep focused on how far you have come and what good things are waiting on you in the future. PM me I want to ask you a few things if you don't mind .

Chi Chi
pm chi chi.....get some pointers...you are doing well and hang in there
Hi skipy,
I couldn't sleep more than an hour or two untill the last 3 days and it will be 1 month friday.  BUT, I slept like a baby sunday night for a full 8 hours and napping now in between OH MAN it feels good too.  I hope it gets better for you.  I felt I would never be able to sleep again.  My mind and body kept racing I guess to keep up.  Hang in there ok  and congrats on 9 days!
swtbreezie
I have been following your post and watching a very strong person struggle but that has been getting stronger everyday ,please know we are are pulling for ya,you will make it.At night I took advil pms ,lots of hot baths and started walking .Your sleep will come back be patient.You are fighting a war but I beleive you will win this battle.Glad your here,keep posting and know we are all wishing you the best.Keep it up YOU ARE DOING GREAT
You are remarkably close to reaching your goal!!  Just hold on for a little bit longer!!  IT WILL happen...I know that it can be discouraging when we read that people are feeling better on day 10 and we feel worse than on day 3....but that is becuase today is your day 3....so by friday you should be feelling a lot better physically....the sweats and burning from inside out feeling will subside shortly.....how's your fiance as far as support?  If your up at night come on here and talk to people...it helps time pass and puts our crazy thoughts in check......keep posting doll
Can totally relate - I found Melatonin to be helpful (and sometimes found it easier to just give up and watch a movie - or read). I taped the Oscars - puts me to sleep every time ;-) (actually, the last 2 nights I've been able to sleep OK). I also started taking a multi vitamin. All the best - hang in there.