Day 1 - Vicodin Detox
I'm so glad I found this site. Today is day 1 detoxing from Vicodin. What am I getting myself into????

I need off this stuff, I was taking 12-15 750's for past 3 years. I can't do this anymore. I have a new baby and it kills me to look in her eyes.

Is there anything I could take to help me through this???
Welcome and congrates on deciding to quit!!!! It is a great choice to make for yourself and your new baby. Take alook at the health pages and the Thomas recipe it is full of great vitamins suppliments ect to help you through this time.Keep posting you will get lots of support and help from everyone on here. Best wishes   Heather
Congrats on getting your life back -- you're not going to regret this, especially now that you've become a new parent! So excited for you.

Like cleanitup stated, check out the health forums here. Keep hydrated! I got off Vicodin all on my own without the assistance of doctors or medicines. Not even vitamins. But people here suggest that and say it works wonders -- so you should try it out. Keep in mind that everyone is different when they go through this. You're going to be and do just fine with this, I just know it. The more you post here the more it helps.
it really is important to drink plenty of fluids, such as gatorade and juices. take a potassium/zinc/magnesium supplement. you can do this! we are here for you! god bless.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunatley I took 1 pill from my neighbor - the detox is killing me :(

I need to go to a doctor
dont beat yourself up, this is a hard thing to do. Your body and mind are screaming for the pills you just have to say no and again it is hard but you can do it. The best thing I did was coming clean to my primary care doc. She was very supportive was not judgemental in anyway and helped me alot. She put me on prozac and xanax. With warnings of being very carefull with the xanax because of addiction to that one. But open up to your doc you hopefully will get help from them. You are not alone in this, we are here to support and help!!!! Heather
Thanks! I'm headed to urgent care today. My primary can't see me until next week :(

The 1 pill just took the chill off and I'm back to feeling nautious.
Were you going to urgent care because you were in pain? or to get more pills to stop the withdrawals? and how did it go?H
I started this journey March 17th and I also had a slip but I went to a Dr and just having his support helped. He told me just to go CT if I was serious about this. I felt like I had the flu for 8 days but each one got easier and easier as the days went by. I can not tel you how great I feel, clear headed, went to my grandaughters band recital didn't have to worry about a pill and water to take it, yes I had pain and the Dr helped me through that too.  So I hope you are going to the Dr for pain and not more pills. Just do it. good luck and prayers to you, Bethany