Day 1 of Heroin withdrawl on Suboxone, HELP!
I did my last shot yesterday at about 11AM.  This morning I took 24 mgs of suboxone, and am feeling horrible!  This must be the naloxone reacting with the dope.  I didn't wait long enough - ****!  Does anyone know how long this wd feeling will last?  When I should take more suboxone?  I am doing this all by myself.  I bought a 30 tab bottle of 8 mg suboxone off the street.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

IF you can wait another 24 hours before you take another dose of suboxone I think you will be okay , you just didn't wait long enough for the heroin to get out of you system and the suboxone through you into withdrawals but you 'll be okay , just dont go back to the herion , I love you and want you to make it , monday I start my suboxone treatment
DId you take the 24 mgs all at once???? Start small tommorrow.. You probably put yourself in precipitated withdrawls.. A) you didn't wait long enough B) you took way too much... The more you take the harder and faster you can put yourself in WD if you hadn't waited long enough to start..
thanx to both of you for anwsering.  who wants to wait/or deal with even mild withdrawl symtoms?  not me, i feel worse then ever!  steve, do you feel better now that you are in your second day?  because I won't be able to handle another day of this.  i'll go back, i know myself.  i am in bed barely functioning.
I took 2 at once, felt like **** and then took another 1 20 minutes later - 8 mg pills.  this was this morning at about 8am.  it's 2p now, still in hell.
it took 60 mgs of methadone two days ago, maybe that's another reason why.
10 days! and your done?  wow!  congrats!  can you tell me what you did?  from what I've read, it's best to use the suboxone for a short period.  i can't believe that's possible after 6 years of methadone/heroin.  but, if other have done it, there's hope.
YOu did disolve them under your tongue right??  Sorry just checking since you bought them off the street. I would let mine sit under my tongue and not swallow for 20min... when I got down to smaller doses they disolved much faster..
I am on day 2 of suboxone and when reading about when to take it said at least mild w/d symptoms -
My doctor first gave me 1/4 8mg tablet to test if I would work - then he gave me 1 more then the rest 2 hours later.
The first night I felt like hell - like it did not work- i waited 8 hours ( 1am) and took another - nothing - then waited unitl 5 AM and took another.
Called my doctor at 9 am and he said i should take 3 at once then
have another if I needed it.

Now I understand you are on your own so this is just my experience-
I would suggest waiting at leaset 8-12 and take 3 but again not a doctor.

Just wanted you to know that the first night I felt the worst.
Doctor told me everyday will ge better and today it is !!!

I wish you the best and it will get better.
Steve
YES I feel like a new person ! my first night was like hell.

Try not going back.

Make sure you dissolve under the tongue.

Dr. told me it gets better everyday -

I am with you,
Steve
1/2 gram to 1 gram of heroin, and 10-20 mgs of methadone.  on tuesday I did 60 mgs of methadone. that's a lot for me, maybe that's why i feel so bad starting the suboxone today.
methodone has a really long half life.. they say to wait 48-72 hours b4 starting Sub after taking methodone... it will be ok.. just a minor set back..tommorrow take 2mgs wait 30min... see how you feel.. if you don't feel worse.. or the WD is still there.. you will know the difference after today I am sure.. take 2more mgs.. If you are not sure.. come on here and post.. I will be working early but Fishmeal and some others who have also taken it should be here.. I will be home from work around 5pm est.. make sure you post and let me know how you are doing.. For tonight.. I would take something to pass out.. tylenol pm, Nyquil, melatonin, ambien if you have some,valium sometimes Robotussin helps me when I am in WD and can't get to sleep. For the amount of H you were doing you should not need 24-32mgs to keep the sick off... try 12mgs for the day.. after intial dosing in the morning.. wait 6 hours to dose again.
Hope you feel better soon..

-S
thank you  so much!  
You are welcome and I want to hear from you when the sub kicks in and you feel like new.
Steve
Steve
try again tommorrow... start with 2mgs... a quarter of a 8mg pill..  Alot of people feel better on less.. Wait and take another 2mgs if you stil feel bad.. Alot of times more does not make one feel better.. I know this is twisted logic in our addict brain, but from what I have read.. less is more.. If you need anything just keep posting.  I know you feel like poo... you will make it.. I just detoxed with SUb myself. I used it for 10 days... helped alot.. been off a week now.. I was coming from hydro though.. shorter acting meds are easier to switch from... so sorry this happened.. tomoorrow is a new day..
Yep... 10 days.. the shorter the better I have read.. after 21 days the body starts to be dependent on the SUb.. After I started I began tapering off on the 3rd day. Since the half life is so long you can't tell you are tapering.. YOu are able to cut your dose in half in a week. I have been through heroin WD before I know is is intense but it doesn't last that long. Heroin comes out of your body pretty quickly. after it is out its time to start getting off the Sub. Higher doses produces more of a speedy affect.. which doesn't help when you feel like poo.. lower doses are easier to tolerate more normal feeling...
How much heroin were you doing per day??
i did dissolve all three of tose suckers under my tongue!  
You took 24mgssss  geeeze that would have gotten me to the ER!  This is a different drug and a smll dose will do ya//// do 2 mgs at a time.  every half hour if need be but start slow.
i have been snorting herion for about three weeks about 5 to 10 bags a day i used last night and waited till this morning to use suboxone and i took one 8 mg pill and i feel like **** when will it get better should i take more

i was on methadone for 2 years i havent done any meth in 2 weeks problem i have been sniffing heroin for 1 month i want to statr suboxine how long and how much do i start with my fiance had 2 days w no meth and 6 hours no heroin he took 8 mg of suboxine he got so dealthly ill i have been scared to statr i want to be clean i work full time i dont want to become ill at work how long shoud i wait and how much should i take My Dr isnt giving me the corect info thanks newlife
hey you guys, i'm reading alot of you taking the sub without a doctor.

if you're taking the sub, i assume you wanna get off drugs.  if you can pull out out all the stops and get to a Sub doctor it's going to be your best bet for staying clean.

think of all the energy and money you put into the drugs.. can't you put some of that into seeing a doctor?  hey, i'm not preaching, just wanna see you guys get and stay clean.  and it's possible.  but you may as well hedge your bets the best you can... i just got clean using Sub.  my buddy did after 7-8 years of a sh**load of pills and never thought she'd get clean... but we're bothing seeing doc's and have a plan...
how often should u take sub to kick a heroin habit
concerned..

This is an old post. Go to the top of this page and hit the post a question button. You can start your own post and get a lot more responses that way.
I was just doing a little more research when I came to read your post about only needed Sub 4 only 9 days. Wow. I thinkI will try that. I first got my phx in late April. I relapsed so much that i saved a lot of my Sub. (238)that I really never gave myself a full week. I was/ am taking 80mg. of oxy about 2-3 X's a day. I know I need to get off of this SH*&, but I want to try what you did. How did you exactly get off Sub for 9 days.
The way you know your stuff intreges me.
Write me back
Ive been on heroin for 6 months, bout a hundred dollar a day habit. Trying to stop. Had a very little dose early this morning at 9am, by lunch started withdrawing, cramps, sweats, diarrhea, ect... took 30mg of methadone at 8pm and it kicked in by 9. I feel great now. My question is Will I eventually withdrawl from the Methadone? If so, Is it bad like the heroine withdrawls? IShould I switch to suboxone in a few days? Which is better to take when getting off heroin, suboxone or methadone? Please post and let me know what to expect. I need help.Thanks
Kevin
Hey bud,

Methadone and Suboxone are two completely different animals!

Methadone w/d's are more intense but the worst is over in about a week.

Suboxone w/d's are less intense and very different but tend to last longer.  Ive dealt with the w/d's from both and neither are pleasant, but my personal experience I would take sub wd's over methadone any day.

My wd's with methadone we absolutelly debilitating.  Nausea vomiting, couldnt get out of bed except when I was running to vomit.  Bad stuff

My wd's that ive experienced with sub seem to be more mood oriented than physical.  Edgy, irritable, just a real out Bi***.  The only physicals I get are stomach discomfort, sleeplessness, and a feeling like you have bugs under your skin....  but you get all that with methadone too!

Its a very personal choice my friend!  I also must disclaim that my sub wd's are simply from dropping doses or running out of meds between appts.  Not from coming completely off.  Im planning a total detox in the next few weeks.

Also, this is a pretty old post so you may not get any replies.  Start a new thread and theres a whole world of great people on here that will help you!

Contact me if you need anything else!  And best of luck.

Henry

i have been on heroin for 10 days, shooting about $100-150 a day.  I have 30 suboxone 8, how do I do this?  I have 4 bags of "H" left, do I finish the H tomorrow or taper of the H and slowly start the sub?
Pour the remainder down the drain. Do not do anymore.
Go on suboxene.
Have sex mid day.(it will boost endorphines)Try to everyday to ease symptoms of withdrawel. I am not kidding.
Start every four hours one tab. Taper down to half a pill at a week. Then to 1/3 pill etc.
My very best friend has been clean for three years now and he did the Suboxene after 10 year habit.My other best friend quit cold turkey, no withdrawel symptoms after 8 months on.
Yayyyyyyyyyy!
EVERYONE CAN DO IT!!!! Please don't give up. My sis is a doc. and she treated at the best drug clinic in Miami.
Please believe in yourself! I do! Hope everyone gets clean!
hi i have been on opiates for a lil  over  a year i want to kick this habbit but its only been about a day of withdrawls and idk what to do im going nuts... my hearts beating fast, i hurt, im restless, and the hot and cold flashes are unbarable.  does anyone know if you can just walk into a hospital and get put on suboxene
It takes a certain license to be able to prescribed suboxone. In order for you to be able to be successful with suboxone you have to realize that it isn't only a pill but a program. Suboxone puts your withdrawals on hold until you are ready to deal with them. Suboxone isn't some magic pill to keep you from having withdrawals. You will experience withdrawal once you stop taking the sub. if you do decide to use suboxone be sure you work on your recovery by at least attending NA and/or an addiction therapist.

In order to find a doctor follow the link provided. Type in your zip code and hit enter and it will bring up a list of sub doctors in your area. Suboxone isn't cheap. Not all accept insurance.

Be sure to do plenty of research before making the decision to start suboxone.
the sub is very good,but you got to rember to get the herion ouy of ur system,what helped me was the night i did my last shot i took 2mg of suboxion when i went to bed then in the morning i took another 2mg then at lunch, then at dinner 2mg that helped me alot not feeling the WD after 3 years of being clean im back on herion this ***** bad!!!! i lost my girlfriend and everyone close to me.I want to get off but dont have the money to c a doctor,im trying to find someone who has suboxions
out of curiosity... why would you go back to the life of heroin after being sober for 3 years hun????
Well its day one of being clean..i feel horible and i just cant get out of my head i put myself in this situation...i started with vicodine and then went to oxy...then that started to cost to much and went to heroin..i have one 8 mil tab of suboxone 5 2mg zanax and weed...i cant do opiods any longer im tired of it running my life....ive been doing heroin for about 2 months...i blew all my money about 2k on it and now im broke and have to detox...can anyone tell me how bad ima detox..and will weed and zanax and suboxone help with the withdrawls?
Id get some more subs if u can.  For the size of ur heroin habit you will need more than one 8mg sub.

I came off about half a gram iv heroin a day.  On the first day off I took about 24mg of sub and still felt kinda ****** but not as bad as I would have delt without it.  After that I took like 16mg for 2 days then 8ng for a few days then 4mg and then 2mg for about a week.  All in all, with some will power and desire to be clean u shud be able to come off subs in about two weeks id say.  Thats what I did.  If u have xanax to help with anxiety and sleep then that will help alot.  Be careful not to get dependant on xanax though and mixing benzos with sub is dangerous so dont take too much while still on subs.  

So even with the subs, feeling ****** for a day is normal but it will not be as bad as not having subs.  

Wait 12 hours after last use of heroin to take subs.  Sometimes I only wait 8 to 10 hours but thats because I have a very fast metabolism and experience mild withdrawals a little earlier than most people.

I figure once ur sweating, yawning, tearing, aching, and have huge dilated pupils then its a safe time to take ur first sub.toto

Find the COWS test online and the docs say if u score over 5 on it then it would be safe to take ur first sub dose.

U just need to be in early stage of wd to start sub.  U dnt have to wait until u feel like total ****.  Just be sure that all the dope is gone so that the sub can come in and start working.  

Sub docs r really helpful and will give u as many as u need since u cant really get high on them.  Beat bet is to get a script so u can maintain on subs for a cpl weeks and prevent relapse.  Stay on longer if u need to.  being on subs is better than pawning everything u have in order to score dirty dope everyday.  Some ppl will say get off subs asap but I figure its the lesser of two evils so if u need it for a while to avoid heroin then stay on it.

Good luck!  U can do it!
LISTEN SUBOXEN ABSOULETLY IS A MIRACLE DRUG HANDS DOWN. I'VE BEEN ABLE TO LITERALLY COME OFF OF A HARDCORE HEROIN BINGE WITH JUT AROUND 5 SUBS AND UNDERSTANDING HOW TO TAKE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF DOSAGE IN ORDER TO KEEP WITHDRAWALS AT BAY, AND TO NOT GET HOOKED ON SUBOXONE. TRUTH IS SUBS ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THEN HEROIN, ITS A MUCH WEAKER OPIATE, AND IN MY MIND ALMOST FEELS LIKE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TYPE OF AN ADDICITON IF YOU DO GET ADDICTED. SO REMEMBER WHEN U START TAKING SUBOXONE START WEINING FROM DAY ONE IF YOU CAN, BECASUE SUBS ARE LITERALLY A MIRACLE DRUG FOR GETTING YOU THROUGH THE WORSE OF HEROIN WITHDRAWLS, BUT BY THE TIME HEROIN WITHDRAWLS ARE OVER IT IS POSSIBLE TO STOP THE SUBS WITHOUT HAVING ANY WITHRAWLS WHATSOEVER, PERIOD. IVE BEEN ON HEROIN AND SUBS FOR YEARS. I'VE WITHDRAWLED COLD TURKEY SOOO MANY TIMES. I'VE EXPERIMENTED WITH SUB SO MANY TIMES. I TRULLY BELIVE I KNOW THE CORRECT DOSE TO TAKE IN ORDER TO NOT EVER GET ADDICTED TO SUBS AND TO GET OVER THE EXCRUSIATING PAIN FROM HEROIN WITHDRAW. SO PEOPLE THAT SAY IS SUBOXONE DELAY THE WITHDRAW JUST SIMPLY DONT KNOW WHAT THE **** THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT, HOWEVER THEY ARE PARTIALLY RIGHT. ANYWAYS BEST OF LUCK THIS TRULLY IS AN EPIDEMIC FOR MANKAND AND I REALLY HOPE PEOPLE GET CLEAN BECAUSE NO MAN OR WOMAN SHOULD EVER HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THE WITHDRAW FROM OPIATES, PERIOD. MY HEART GO'S OUT TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST EVERYTHING OR ON THE VERGE OF LOOSING EVERYTHING I UDERSTAND. SUBOXONE HAS LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE AND I HOPE IT SAVES YOUR'S EVEN IF U HAVE TO TAKE IT INDEFFINITLY **** IT! WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THE *** OFF OF HEROIN. I LOST MY FORD MODEL GIRLFRIEND, LOST MY PARENTS MY JOB.... BELIVE ME I UNDERSTAND THIS ****** LIFE OF HEROIN. BUT NOT I'M BACK AND RANTING. O WELL I HAVE TO COMMUNICATE THIS ****. I'VE NEVER DONE AN AA MEETING OR NA MEETING, OR ANY TYPE OF REHAB BECAUSE I HAVE HAD A ****** PENNY TO MY NAME NOR HAVE I HAD ANYONE WHO GAVE A **** WHETHER OR NOT I QUIT. AND THEIR ARE MILLIONS LIKE ME. I'VE ROUGHED THIS **** OUT BY MYSELF SO MANY TIMES AND FINALLY I'M ALMOST A YEAR SOBER AND BACK ON MY GAME. MUCH LOVE!
Welcome to the forum...great place...lots of good stuff going on here. Just wanted to let you know that you responded to a very old thread...not sure anybody who originally wrote on here is still around. All the same...seems like you have a message you want to put out...maybe start a new thread because when people see the little hour glass next to the title...the generally dont look in it...Just wanted to let you know.

Take care
Coming off shooting 18-28 bags of dope a day. FML I wanna die... When you sell 10 bundles a day its not hard to support that kind of habit. Suboxone isnt doing **** for me.... but the puking has stopped, Imodium helps... Now I either buy more Sub (suboxone is the devil the half life is awful) or tough it out done it before, cold sweats are the worst.
I am a heroine addict, I took my last dose of heroine Monday morning it is now Wednesday at 8:00 and I started my sub Monday night took a little peice and I felt fine the next day which was Tuesday I woke up took a little peice and it lasted all day and I felt great then I took a tiny bit more right before bed and slept good today is Wednesday and this morning I took another tiny peice and I felt fine all day and it is not 8 at night and I just took another tiny tiny peice. And I have not felt not one with drawl simptom at all sense I been on the subs I feel awesome. But on the 5th day should the heroine be out of my symptom? Anf how will I feel and what about the subs how am I gonna feel when I'm done taking those?
Hi and welcome....this is sort of an old thread so maybe post a new one...just go to the top of the page and hit "post a question"  that way more people can see it and give you some info...i personally don't have experience with either but alot of people here do....good luck with it..stay strong...this site is great for support so post that new question. :))