Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 1 off Methadone...yay me!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 1 off Methadone...yay me!

Well, today is day 1 jumping off 2 mg of Methadone, when after a long slow taper from 20 mg a year ago, I have been on 3 mg for almost the last 8 mos, but about 2 mg for about the last 2 weeks. Not too much discomfort, a few rough nights but I have my natural remedies, and everything on the amino acid protocol and am staying positive! I feel like I have felt on 2 mg, maybe a tad lower on the energy. I am optimistic & staying positive that I have been on such a low dose for a while now, that it wont be too bad! I can do it! Wish me luck :)
Hey jewls your in good company this week got a bunch of you guys jumping off....congrads on your decision ...now comes the perseverance and resolve to go threw the withdrawal you should be fine for the next 2 or 3 days but then its going to feel like you got hit by a truck for a wile this will be the toxin's leaving your body...im not going to lye it will be a little ruff but it usually last a week the biggy here is the energy crash and the lack of sleep theirs not a lot you can do about that your withdrawal will be a hard one to call you have been at such a low dose for a long time that should help you out but like I said batton down the hatches roll up the sails and be ready for the storm this stuff is never pleasant coming off off keep posting where here to help you have made a good decision and you will be free of this stuff....recovery is slow but you have to wait for good things some time so far since I have been tracking them 60 days has been the fastest hang in there if you believe in God pray your heart out pray for strength to continue when you dont have it in yourself to do it I have followed your withdrawal from the beginning your going to do fine if I can help just message me good luck and God bless.......Gnarly      
Thanks for your response :) Day 2 here, I slept ok, I seemed to create a cocktail of natural supplements that help me out with the sleep so far...but your right, being weak is the kicker. I feel better after my shower, and supplements! I feel I can do it this time as I am better prepared. It's been a long time coming! So day 2...look out, and day 3...here I come! :) Thanks for everything Gnarly!!
hey Jewels how ya doing today ??
Hey there! I am actually doing good! I remember day 1 & 2 jumping off of 20 mg was he!! But I am actually functioning normally! Of course I am weak, but it's not as terrible as before by any means. I am expecting day 3 & 4 to be a bit worse, but I am actually surprised at how functional I am! lol I am wondering if it is because I got my body used to next to nothing for the last year, why I am not feeling too bad?!?! I am following the amino protocol too, physiologically alot of those supplements make sense, so maybe they are of some help too. The chocolate protein shakes are yummy too :) I slept pretty decent last night also! I am staying positive & hoping that I am building it up worse than it will be. Fingers crossed!! Thanks for checking in, I really appreciate it! I will update soon with any changes! Thanks :) Julie
HI  Julie well your off to a great start like I said your withdrawal was going to be a hard on to call mine was no worst then tapering below 5mg I was miserable for 5 weeks and still regret not jumping at 5 but the next few days will tell the energy crash is always hard I felt like I couldn't even walk to the bathroom but my wife got me outside and walking every day she was my biggest activate remember to pray for strength and just take it one day at a time im out here if you need to talk good luck and God bless........Gnarly  
Hi there! Still doing good, the energy crash is still the kicker, but not a whole lot of other symptoms, a few chills here & there, of course the bathroom visits arent fun, so after my 1st visit I take my immodium. I can actually still eat! I am surprised I still have an appetite! I am still pretty functional, a little slow, but functional! I think dropping from 10 mg  to now extremely slow over the last year adjusted my body some so that it's not insanely miserable. Well, thats what i'm hoping for anyway. Once I shower & get moving I feel better! I am still surprised, and waiting for the other shoe to drop, but im staying positive! This is day 3!!!! I havent made it to day 3 since I was forced to during Hurricane Katrina! And that was CT at 100 mg!! So I am pretty darn proud of myself right now :)