Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 12 and New MRI

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 12 and New MRI

Hey all Day 12 here and still going strong. I am currently taking Ibprofen 800mg for the back ache but still NO pain like it did when I was on pills and the first few days of Detox. I have been up moving around and staying as busy as possible. I will say that I have suddenly woke up with a Runny nose and back in the bathroom. Not sure if it's still WD or if it's the sickness that has invaded everyone else in my home. I stopped the Immodium at least 5 days ago... Oh well... Still kicking it!
So, I had my MRI yesterday. This is the 3rd one in 4 months and normally my Neurosurgeon would get the results within 2 hours. I called them yesterday and their system was down! Go Figure!! They said it would be late Monday before they could give me the results. Honestly, regardless of the MRI results... I won't do another surgery. I am up moving around and feel good so I see no point. Unless...... There is something that could lead to serious damage. I just can't put myself back into a position where I would likely be on Pain Pills again!
Anyone have any thoughts on me getting on the Treadmill here at home? I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and workout. I know I can't do that ( still too early Post Op )... But we do have a treadmill here. I hate feeling so physically unhealthy.
I will keep you all posted on the MRI as soon as I know.