Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 12 off opiates but soooo tired

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 12 off opiates but soooo tired

Iam on day 12 odd of vicodin and seein a counselor and starting a program.  Days 6-8 I was feeling a lot better but the lack of sleep has completely caught up with me.  It does not help that my son seems to wake up if I ever fall asleep at night.  Have been averaging 3 hours a night but last night was so rough.  I don't want to switch addictions but also scared i don't get a sleep aid i won't make it.  Did your sleep come back naturally or did you need to use sleep aids for awhile?  Today I cannot think clearly or get anything done.  Just feel sooooo tired and down.
Taking a non-addictive sleep aid is OK but not sure how that would work if your son is waking up.  Remember that you are recovering from a physical ailment and there is no shame in needing a crutch to lean on, as long as it doesnt interfer with your recovery.  My doctor gave me trazadone.
If I were u and your mostly past the physical pain of WDs I would start working out or exercising that is the only thing that works for me I started sleeping a lot deeper I wouldn't mess with sleeping pills your mind is very suseptible to addiction while your going through this your still not gonna sleep fully for a while but youl live. For me I went completly back to normal sleeping I slept better than when I was taking pills
Congrats on 12 days!! You rock. I am on day 21 and loving life more than ever. For me sleep was never an issue because I take a prescription non narc called trazadone. It is wonderful!!! If you have a family dr you could call and tell them you are having trouble sleeping and a friend reccomended it. They may call it in for you. its great!! Hang in there, you have this thing beat. Life is beautiful on the other side. Keep me posted!! Big hugz
Hang in there girl,
     My wife & I are on day 20 and finally able to sleep. We were suffering the same way, unable to sleep because of restless leg syndrome. What I think causes it is the lack of exercise during the day. If you can, get up and move around so you will be exhausted by bedtime. We actually broke out the bowflex and forced ourselves to tire our legs and it helped. Your sleep will return soon. Good luck.
Thank you.  The doc actually called me in trazadone but it made me more restless...weird huh.  Maybe that was a bad night and I should give it another try.  I have also started exercising but eventhough I am tired the sleep alludes me...I think it is more about not being able to turn off my mind.  It is starting to improve.  Does not help that I am on day 14 and got a serious cold/flu.  Agh.
Odd! Trazadone knocks me out!! Give it another try and keep me posted
I have given the trazadone another try...I think it just takes a super long time to work on me and I was taking it too late.  I took one last night before we started watching 24 and fell asleep an hour afterwards and slept a good deep sleep.  I gues I have gotten to used to immediate gratification and wanted to be asleep the minute my head hit the pillow.  Sleep has been getting better and on day 15 a lot is looking better!
Yay! That is great news!! You will be sleeping like a baby in no time
i was on suboxone for 2 years and in november i relapsed. i am currently taking about 25 to 30mgs  percocet or lortab 3 to 4 times a day.  i am wanting to get into a methadone maintenance program..... my question is will i qualify?