Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 2, I think

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 2, I think

Hi everyone:

Just to play catchup, our daughter signed herself out of rehab yesterday, after just signing in Sat pm. (that is just fine with me, just not the place you want your 24 yo baby girl to be at, she is hooked on Vicodan.  She recieved 1 dose of meth at rehab Sat pm 10mg; 1 dose yesterday am 20 mg.  I copied the thomas recipe and showed it to her, she took 2 -.1mg Lorazapam yesterday , 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening.  Took 1 this morning.  She is tired, but otherwise doing well.  Is this really day 2 of withdrawal or do we have to take into effect the meth that they gave her and count today as day one?  I am happy for her that her mood is good and no other symptoms have shown up, but I am afraid that the other shoe might drop and slam her tomorrow.  Sunday night we talked about her short but eye opening experience in rehab.  Also talked about the recipe, plans and rules.  Told her that this has to be it, can't do this anymore.  Her father told her that we can't do this anymore, that we are not yoyo's, and yoyo's we have been.  Going this afternoon to see her pharmacologist.  I want her to prescibe just enough Lorazepam to get her through this week as she is taking my husband's now.  Prior to addiction she had anxiety, OCD and Tourette's and has been on and off meds for these for years.  I want to talk to pharmacologist also but those meds as she has flair ups with the anxiety and OCD.
I want to thank all of you, whether you have responded to me in the past or not, reading everyone's stories helps.
To you whether you are withdrawing, has a loved one with an addiction or trying to withdraw hang in there, God Bless and keep posting.

Thanks, Ann
Tags: day 2
She is not in withdrawal yet.  Methadone has a very long half life so she may not feel withdrawal symptoms for another day or two.  It's coming, and it won't be pretty.  Why did she sign out of rehab?
wow with tourettes & OCD it makes it all the more challenging for the person; is there no out reach program or something like that?.... she will probably need  (you will need) the support/structure, other people to talk to on the ground?  thinking of you both & sending the BEST WISHES.
annabel
Hi Ann,
  Good Luck to you and your daughter! She can do this! I am a methadone patient and she is not in withdrawls yet as methadone has a very long half life!  I personally dont start feeling bad til day 3 without my methadone! Was rehab not for her? Is she planning on any after care?? Na meetings, counceling ect??  i have to tell you that it makes me so happy you are by her side along with your husband! When my family found out i was a addict i immediantly became the "black sheep" She has a good support system with you and hubs! Hang in there and keep supporting her, together you all 3 can pull thru this! Sending positive energy your way!

Hugs,
Amanda
HI I agree with  lostsoul  on that its probably going to be 3 days after her last dose of methadone till she starts to feel the withdrawals ....pull together as a family you will get threw this its going to be about a week of he!! but in the end she wont be chained to a pill bottle anymore....the only ketch is addiction dosent just go away because you detox it is a desiese that needs to be treated threw out your life....theres plenty of ways we always recommend N/A or A/A they both have similar programs and they work if you work them there is also substance abuse consoling and addiction therapist both of these will work one on one with you we the advantage of the N/A program is you will meet others in recovery and develop new clean and sober friends to do this right you need to change persons places and things
the very way we think has to change...the detox is the beginning of your journey as well as being an addict my youngest daughter followed in my footsteps so I know what its like to be where your at...for the 2 of you I highly recommend alaonon  it will teach you boundary"s and how to help without enabling your daughter it helped me and my wife
I wish the 3 of you the best of luck where here 24/7 so if you need advise or help with her detox theirs usually someone around it would be great if you could get your daughter on here so she could find some help for herself  your family will be in my prayers....Gnarly