Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 2! :)

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 2! :)

I have posted before. I was on a 2-3 perks a day for about a year. I'm very happy to say that my withdrawals are very mild! Thank god! I feel fine all except for bathroom trips. I'm using Xanax for anxitey. Hopefully this will help others who are on a higher amount. I'm thinking if you ween yourself down you could end up with very mild withdrawals! Good luck to all! I CAN DO THIS!
So glad your WD isn't bad! Day three to four will be the worst days, then will get better each day after that.

I wish what you said about weaning were true, sadly though, it's not. I mean, sure, weaning down helps with the physical symptoms, and that is why i had to taper, for my job, so the first week was not running to the bathroom, but it prolonged the mental aspect of it for an extra two months.
It's the mental side that is the real monster.

But anyway, glad to hear that you are doing well. keep us posted.

hugs,
Lily
I'm happy to read this, first thing this morning.   Just keep on keeping on.   If you get to feeling a little bit bad, take it easy on yourself, just know it is to be expected.   If you don't...so much the better.
Good for you on those 21 days!   We all know how much tapering. can help the physical  wds be more tolerable and much less stressful.

The mental withdrawal is the same no matter what you do. It sounds like you're doing great!