Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 2 of Short Subutex Detox from Roxys

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 2 of Short Subutex Detox from Roxys

I've posted before, tried doing this before, but this time I truly have no choice in getting/staying clean.  I'm hoping that if I follow up with some after-care, (& also having serious consequences if I slip back into addiction again)- I can beat this.  I was clean for over 3 years after having a magical oxy script, so I know it's possible, just a matter of how I play this.  

I feel relatively good, better than most day 2's going CT (usually I'd just ate some xanax and slept through the most & worst of it, it was always post-detox that would get me..), and I'm wondering if I take subutex for 5 days, if I'll have a withdrawal once I do stop taking it, or if I will segue comparatively smoothly.  I know the better I physically feel, the more I can do to distract myself from the inevitable raging cravings.

I'm taking a ton of vitamins, drinking as much water as humanly possible, does anyone else have any helpful ideas for a short subutex detox to make it more successful?
What does the prescribing doctor say about you taking it for 5 days?
I dont have insurance, thus no prescribing doctor.  I am not looking to replace my roxy addiction with subutex, and I've read that often it's a more difficult detox from subs if someone is on them a long time, than if they'd just detoxed from their opiate DOC.  
Most Suboxone/Subutex prescribing doctors don't take insurance anyway. Mine didn't and it cost me a small fortune to see him.

Anyway, we can't help you with any suggestions on the Sub, I think you know it is a violation of our guidelines to do so. But we can make suggestions to you and support you. I was just saying this to someone else and I feel like I am repeating myself today but my concern is that you still self-medicating and that behavior will get you in trouble every time. I hear that you are not looking to replace one for the other and I will bet 100% of the people who started Sub said the same thing. So please, please be careful. You are obviously taking some else's prescription--which is dangerous too. Just be careful if you decide this is the way to go (and I am hoping that you will change your mind).

Tell us what you plan to do for aftercare and we can make some suggestions. Hang in there and I hope this all works out for you. Keep talking and keep listening.