Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 2

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 2

Today is day 2 off the norcos was taking to many to count ( 120 pills gone in a few days) I started the Thomas Recipe before going cold turkey. Yesterday was kind of crapty was restless, no appetite, took the vitamins, drank gatorade, baths, anti anxiety meds. Today was a little worse creepy crawly skin, no appetite, freezing then sweating,shakiness and the mind games oohh the mind games are horrendous!!! I feel strong, then feel so weak and want to go score some pills even just one, I have been fighting my evil mind all day. I know it's only day 2 and it took me months to get here. Just wish I would have had a support back up plan. I am going to call tomorrow to get into therapy. So that's my storey for today. Just wanted to check in
Tags: day 2, support
youre doing fine, the thought of "scoring a few' is enticing.....if i think to myself "from this day forward i will never take any pills for the rest of my life it seems impossible"  but if I say  "hey jsut for today i will manage without: it seems do able....keep posting
As hard as it may be, don't think beyond today, right now. Free2 is right, just take it one day at a time, or one hour, or even one minute. You are on day 2, that is great! Do anything you can think of to distract yourself. Funny shows, comedians, and movies helped me a lot. It may be hard to focus on something at first, but gradually you'll find that you are getting involved in whatever you're watching and it will take your mind off of things.

Best of luck and keep posting,

Minn
Hey congrats on two days clean thats incredible. I know that sick withdrawal feeling you are explaining oh so well and it is the worst. I have been addicted to heroin and oxycontin for years and tried to detox so many times. Id make it a few days maybe a week or so but the drugs always got me and the sickness was so excruciating I could never get through it. It was a cycle through hell. I can say now that after battling it for so long I am seven months completely clean from everything. It took me a long time to get willing enough to do what it takes--to change my environment, my friends, the places i go, the way i think, taking others suggestions, counseling, real life support,and all that - but in doing so it has gifted me with an amazing peace and freedom that I never thought possible. I honestly didn't think id ever be able to stay sober and if i did it would just be this miserable existence of constantly fighting myself not to use and I will say it is not like that at all. Its been a battle and have to deal with a lot and change a lot in my life but it is worth it to wake up no longer sick from opiates to not be chained to the drug and have it control my every thought and action, to be able to go through my day and do what i want and feel and experience life without having to take drugs to exist is something i didnt think was possible but it is. I still have a long way ahead of me but i just wanted to share that with you because it is possible and there is a beautiful life waiting for you. I hope the best for you and want to congratulate you on your 2 days and for trying to get off the drugs. Dont give up!!