Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 25
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Day 25

I wrote back in October about my withdraw from Vicodin. I had surgery for 2 herniated discs in my lower back. This was in Aug. I was up to taking about 10 750mg pills a day for about 10 months. I could not taper so I had to go c/t. I was clean for about 10 days, the cravings were so bad I got another scrip from my doc. Needless to say I took those pills. Now Im done with that and I have been clean for 25days today. I have been back to work for 2 weeks now, after being off for 3 months from surgery. OH MY GOSH...my whole body hurts after a days work. I work in retail and this time of year is CRAZY.  This is when I crave the pills soooo bad. I have to say I REALLY miss that feeling after taking a few pills. Everyday when I get home I read all the posts that people write. I think you all are great. It does help to read other stories. Also to get encouragement from people to stay clean. I just wanted to say that these cravings are the worst and I do hope that one day they will not be there anymore. This is tuff but I have learned from this forum that it can be done and things do get better.

Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!!