Day 25
  I wrote back in October about my withdraw from Vicodin. I had surgery for 2 herniated discs in my lower back. This was in Aug. I was up to taking about 10 750mg pills a day for about 10 months. I could not taper so I had to go c/t. I was clean for about 10 days, the cravings were so bad I got another scrip from my doc. Needless to say I took those pills. Now Im done with that and I have been clean for 25days today. I have been back to work for 2 weeks now, after being off for 3 months from surgery. OH MY GOSH...my whole body hurts after a days work. I work in retail and this time of year is CRAZY.  This is when I crave the pills soooo bad. I have to say I REALLY miss that feeling after taking a few pills. Everyday when I get home I read all the posts that people write. I think you all are great. It does help to read other stories. Also to get encouragement from people to stay clean. I just wanted to say that these cravings are the worst and I do hope that one day they will not be there anymore. This is tuff but I have learned from this forum that it can be done and things do get better.

Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!!
25 days is amazing!  I also got clean with the help of this forum, and still read posts daily to keep myself going.  It does help, especially when the cravings kick in.  I noticed you had been gone awhile, and I am so happy to see you succeed.  Congrats!
I don't know if cravings for pills ever goes away, but I've had other (psychological) addictions that I've successfully kicked and am crave-free.  Every once in a while I'll get upset and that'll be in the back of my mind, but it's really just a first reaction kind of thing.  Quite literally, we are enslaved by these addictions, and our natural instinct will be to answer when called, but I think it becomes a matter of teaching yourself a different way.