Day 26 Just an update of my friend that went cold turkey off of oxycodone.
Just another up date about my friend who went cold turkey off oxys. Well, this has been a bumpy road but the worst seems to be over. The first days were the worst and it did ease up w/ time. Now is just that they still have a hard night getting a good night sleep but are hoping with time this WILL get better. My friend seems more at ease, relaxed, more family oriented, less jumpy, less irritated, stopped lying and really just is back to being  them self.... That is so important, you really do not know how much these drugs control who you are. I think that is what got my friend to quit. They lost control of their life. And now they have it back. To help the sleep issues, they have tried all the things that were posted, like melatonin, sleepy time tea, etc but they find that sometimes sleepy time tea helps and sometime beer helps. Just in my opinion try different things, some will help other will not and it depends on the individual. If anyone reads this and it helps them I am thankful, and for those of you that replied to other posts I am sincerely grateful. That was a big help for my friend it gave them HOPE, and the feeling that others have been there and survived it!! Blessing to all!!!!!
I am happy to hear your friend is feeling better.  Just know the hard part starts now tho.  Getting clean is the easy part, staying clean is the hard one.  Does your friend have any recovery care in place?  That is really important.  Also, be careful with the alcohol as it is very common to switch addictions at this point.  You have been a good friend.......Keep us updated.           sara
One of the members here just had a post yesterday about Alteril, a natural supplement that helps with sleep.......may want to check it out.          sara