Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 3 CT and I only feel the leg creepys. Why do the legs feel twitchy...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 3 CT and I only feel the leg creepys. Why do the legs feel twitchy??

Hey all!  I just thought I would give an update.  I am on day three of NO NORCO and my body aches are quite reduced.  The biggest problem I have now are the leg crawls.  It is amazing how these legs creepies hit everyone.  It seems strange to me that my legs should bother me but I see it is commone.  Anyone know why??

FYI, I was on 12-14 norco a day until around March 1st.  Since then over the past two weeks I have tapered down to 1 a day until last Weds.  The taper was pertty tough but this seems okay.  

Thanks to FLaddict for the recommendation of Restful Legs medicine.  I am taking as directed and may be helping with my legs aches.
Great job on being at day 3!!! I hope soon I will be there too.
You sound like you are doing pretty well.  Do you think tapering helped as opposed to going c/t?
I have heard that the restless leg/creepy crawly thing is very common though I don't know why.  That is another w/d symptom that I am terrified of.  I am such a wuss!
How do you feel now that the taper is over? I was just wondering if you go to cold turkey w/d's really hard, great job on your success!
I really do feel that tapering was better for me.  Now, those three week were pretty hard but nothing compared to the feeling I would have had going C/T after such a large daily dose.  

My only compaint now is the legs.  
I'm also in withdrawal, I went from 6-7 vicodin to 1, its really hard. I have no energy, I'm restless, this is day two. All of these people are expecting to hang out for 4th of July and I just struggle do some housecleaning. I think I've taken 20 baths since yesterday. I do it for the leg aches. I tried stretching and minimal exercise today. I feel like I have strength like I could do this, and then other times I feel like I'm going crazy. i'm lacking inspiration at times which is a killer. I really need to end this stupid pill thing. Was stupid to start. I know I can do this though. It doesn't feel as bad as quitting heavy opiates, but it compares. I'm just going to push myself to do things like move around stretch. I have to do it. Theres no way that I can't do this now. It has to be done.
what is the leg medicine please i missed it appreciate if you could let me know  fanxs
I'm definately not a doctor and not as knowledgeable as some, but it sounds to me like you really haven't been on the medication for that long of a time, even though you were taking so many in a day's time, if that makes sense.

It IS weird how so many people endure the whole leg crawling thing. I remember the other night when I tried to NOT take any of the pills at all that day, and that night I was woken up I don't remember how many times because my legs would not sit still to save my life or anything else. I hated it, and I am dreading that tonight, too.