Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 3 I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

It's day 3 for me and I seem to be feeling better than yesterday.  I went to my doctor and told him to put in my file NO NARCOTICS for me I have cut off all ties with everyone I know that has supplied me in the past.  
i am still feelig the WD's but not nearly as bad as it was the last two days I printed off the thomas recipe that the nurse recomended ad it truley has helped me with my healing process and there is nothing wrong with taking natural earbs to help your body heal itself naturally.  I'm starting to feel like i'm getting my life back I know i'm not quiteo out of the woods yet but it helps to have all you good people on here helping me get through this thank you so much for all of your stries it's helped me more than you know.  Thank you Thank You Thank
you.  
Tags: Day 3
Great Job!!!  You have sure done a lot already for just starting out ; you must be serious about this :-)  Keep on going and keep on posting.  I am at day 44 and taking it day by day!!
One thing I was told about recovery is, "whatever works".  Clinics go about attaining sobriety a certain way, 12 step programs, different aids/meds.... the bottom line is that YOU are doing this!  Whatever you're doing is working for you, so good on ya!

Keep after it.  It gets a little easier/better every day.
Excellent first step, and one of the hardest - telling your doc to red flag you. Be sure your dentist knows too.
Now the next thing to do, if you haven't already, is to tell your secret. You told your doc - now you need to let close family members, girlfriend/spouse, close friends know about your addiction. This was the most difficult thing for me to do, so I continued to fail at getting clean for over 15 years. Nine months ago I told my wife, etc. The people close to me have become a part of my on going support system. If we don't tell our secret, we'll relapse behind it.
And finally, after care. NA meetings and the like. This is a must.
Those three things are the foundation for recovery - leave one out and you will relapse. Great job so far - congratulations. Day 4 was my day to see the light - I ate like a pig and actually had energy. You've only got good things to look forward to. Now on to one week clean.