Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 3 "The Flooding Emotions"

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 3 "The Flooding Emotions"

I hate day three....It is my least favorite day in the detox process.  I doused myslef with melatonin and valerian root and got about 3 hours of sleep before waking up at 1 and then I took some more of both and slept in until 4:30 which I thought was awesome for day 2 sleep.  My worst complaint of day 3 is always the emotions.  I started watching movies at 5 and actually found myself almost crying (not like me at all!!!).  I get waves of overwhelming possitive emotion but they do not last long.  My daughter (22 months) gives me a lot of joy.  She is a pain in the *** to take care of when I feel like garbage but really gives me a warm feeling when I am interacting with her sober.  It almost seems as if I miss a lot of her little gestures and looks when high.  Well, still chugging vitamins, protein shakes, water, and food down me and I truly think it is helping with the physical effects.  I need to figure out how to get some exercise today but I am really going to have to push myself to get off of the couch.  So far so good and am axiously awaiting two weeks from now!  
You are doing great! The emotions seem to hit like a ton of bricks. Mine hit on day 4. I embraced them. It actually welcomed feeling normal sober feelings. Not saying it wasnt overwhelming cuz id b lying if i said it wasnt. I put my pen and paper to work and just wrote everything down i was feeling. i also wanted to do this to record my experience in getting clean. i want to look back one day and see just how far i have come. its a lot of ups and downs right now but the intense counseling im in is helping GREATLY. Keep your head up and keep fighting the good fight. This too shall pass.
Hey, you're doing good. Don't worry about two weeks. You may feel better much sooner right!?  Stay positive. It helps so much!!!
Let yourself feel your emotions.  It's okay to cry, not to mention relieves some stress.  Put on some music and get up and move!!  You are doing great!!
Thanks for the kind words everyone....I have been through this so many times that I have each day basically maped out.  I am styaing positive and think that the exercise, suppliments, and protein is shortening things greatly.  I have not really had a whole lot of the lower end problems yet and my energy levels are definitely on "E" but it is not as bad.  I may have gotten lucky on this one due to the short bender but I still have a ways to go before I am even close to being back to normal.  I have a crazy month ahead of me and it all starts back to back next Thursday.  I have to travel and present for my company, corporate company meetings, and my birthday on Tuesday of next week....oh the big 37.  This is why it was imperitive that I get to a managable energy level and keep my emotions in check because I need to be on my feet before all of this starts.  I missed Elk hunting today but my dad believed the "sick" story....I felt bad but was relieved that I didn't have to try and maintain around him and his friends in the cold outdoors.  My wife is working all weekend so I have the house to myself and my daughter for the whole weekend!  Perfect detox environment....I really wish I had the time to go to a private councelor....I would prefer the private one on one setting.  I might see if I cannot squeeze into one here soon.  I just need to get past these first five six days and I should be fine.....Hopefully all of this exercise I have gotten over the past four months will pay off in the energy level!  Thanks again everyone for letting me wine!  :)
Ok I have real pain issues and was in a pain clinic,the doctor who saw me and became my doctor was great she listen to me about my pain (I didn't go in there asking for pain meds) she sent my to get mri's  xray and she tried many of different meds on me .Finally she found the right combo of meds and they worked I could finally get back to a normal life of cooking ,cleaning ,walking playing with the grandkids.All the sudden I don;t see her anymore it's a bunch of PA'S and different doctors who know nothing about me except what they tex booked ,so now we are back at step one ,bend ,walk and touch me toe crap plus changing my meds! NOW I am so frustrated at this point but ,I say nothing in fear of being put out,WELL I didn't have to say anyhting to this one bipolar doctor she came in with an attitude with me and the next thing I know without warning or being weened of my moriphine pill she kicks me out said I was abusive to the staff! OK I tried to fight this but,looks like the doctors are todays police what they say is law,now I can't find anyone to help me I am in crippling pain and I have had 3 surgeries in the past yr wicth after these doctors gave me vik's ok now I am labled as a drug user or a seller!! OMG GIVE ME A BREAK!! BECAUSE THESE DOCTORS HAD GAVE ME BETWEEN SURGERIES FROM JAN 1 TILL APRIL 20 400 PILLS THAT MAKES ME A JUNKIE OR A SELLER REALLY! OK I guess I might have to turn to the street doctors since the real ones wont help me.