Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 3 of coming off ultram

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 3 of coming off ultram

I have been taking about 15-20 Ultrams a day for the past 2.5 years. I got the stomach virus ( was still taking the Ultrams) three days ago, and decided that this was the best time to come off this evil drug! I had been clean for 4 years from a hydro addiction. I had gone to a detox/treatment facility. I had never felt better. Then, I started having knee issues, had surgery for a torn meniscus, and got back on Ultrams. I run marathons, and I haven't done any running in 3 days. I have pushed the fluids, taken the b vitamins, vitamin C and drank my Pro-Sculpt from GNC that I drink before I run. I believe God is the only one that can get me through this, although I need to make the decision that I am going to do it. Right now all I am experiencing is the body aches and lack of energy. I always thought Ultrams were like advil or Tylenol! They said, "they are not a narcotic and you can't get addicted to them! Fooey!! I can say that I am blessed that I haven't had all the "full blown " symptoms of w/d, or when I had the stomach virus, I could have gotten rid of everything then. When I did get the stomach virus, I had taken ultrams  that day, so I don't think it was because of w/d. My question is, when in the world can I start running again and feel like I'm back to my old self. These are horrible, horrible pills.