Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 3 without suboxone

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 3 without suboxone

I want to say thank you to everyone for your support. It has really helped me push through the day today. I'm trying to overcome the withdrawals and more than anything the mental part of this. If I can say one thing to everyone is that without God I can't do this. With him and through him we are all an overcomer, a victor and not a victim, he is more than enough. We're blessed going and coming. My dependence is now 100 percent on him and not a drug addiction I've been fighting for so long. I hope and pray that everyone can find peace in their life. My heroin addiction took me down a long dark road. To finally have my mind made up and know I can do this with he support and help from all of you is amazing. I encourage you all to keep posting.. You can overcome..
So very proud of you and your mental attitude my friend, you got this, well I should we got this, ;) you will find it a roller coaster of emotions which is normal, I think I cried putting my socks on at one point, very strange, lol. I can put my hand on my heart and tell you, this is so doable with the right frame of mind, the WANT to be clean, I too had, had enough of Heroin and the troubles it brings, I just hit a point where I thought to myself this is it, now or never, I had to do it for my sanity and my poor family! It's the best decision I ever made, yes it's been he'll for a couple of month, but when you weigh that up again spending the rest of your days suffering in the gutter it's nothing. I try and think of all the hurt I caused my family and misery I put them through, what I'm feeling is nothing in comparison, at least I can do something about how I feel, they couldn't. So when you truly sit and weigh it all up, we have the easy end of the deal, we feel the pain and know it will leave us, they sit with that worry 24/7 and can't see it leaving, well not until we prove ourselves and give them back the real you, the person they truly deserve. That's what gets me through it, and I hope you can grab something from it to help you in your battle against the muck that so nearly ruined your life. Here's to sobriety my friend. Thanks for the invite, we got this!
AMEN!!! Keep on giving it to God..
You have a great attitude.  Keep God close to your mind and heart and things will go much better.  As stated by digger...it's a roller coaster, emotionally, physically, it's crazy what we are willing to do to ourselves and those around us for our vice of choice.  Keep reading and listening to these folks I have made my detox more bearable by many of the suggestions in the various threads I've read.  I was hooked on opiates for over 10 years and then took suboxone for another 6.5 years.  I'm on day 18 and things are still messed up...everyone is different in recovery...times vary, but many remedies for things really do work....even if for only a 30-60 minute intervention.  Hot showers are my favorite thing at the moment.  They help me with the chills I experience, but also the cramps and rls I get.  I literally haven't slept in over 4 days and nights are the worst.  Prayer certainly helps get me through the worst times....and sometimes it feels as if prayer is all I can do to get to the next minute and then the next second.
Keep it up and god bless.  Stay strong and take your life back.
  I went through with my son over many sleepless nights withdrawing. Its not easy , but once you can put this addiction behind you is so worth it.
Bless you or helping your son go through it, I truly hope he is doing amazing and your one happy family again. Wishing you and your son all the best in everything, we all deserve happiness!