Aa
A
A
Close
Day 4 - Anxiety Killing Me
Anybody have experience on Day 4 and anxiety?  I haven't been able to leave the house today I am so anxious.  Have always had panic attacks, but only now did I feel I could not even walk out the front door to even walk around the back.  Anybody ever have this?  Please someone tell me it will lessen soon.  I'm at my witts end.  Thanks!
Cancel
9 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi...There were times  during my w/d that i felt very anxious...but it will pass hon....try to relax..try doing something that interests you...Good luck i hope you feel better soon.

Dee
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Man, I feel for you, the anxiety is the worst.  Do you have any Ativan or Valium?  From my experience, the anxiety lasts less than a week.  Hang in there.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Great job!! You made it to day 4! I am on day 7. I have been having severe anxiety. It has lessened some over the past few evenings. mornings are the worse. I have found the quicker I get into a hot bath and start doing something it subsides some. By 8 p.m. I'm exhausted. Sleep still doesn't come easy though. I read eating bananas helps so I tried and it actually works some. I take a few bites every time I feel a craving or whatever it is. I have sooo many feelings and emotions it's hard to seperate sometimes. But it is alot better now and I'm sure it will only get better everyday.Hang in there, I know those words can be annoying, but do it. Every day is better.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Definitely.  I've been having bad anxiety.  The 3rd time I tried to quit, I had panic attacks every time I tried to eat.  Weird.  But now I'm on Day... 8(?) and the anxiety is beginning to pass.  Try not to think about stressful things, relax, cry when you need to (when I suppress crying it makes it worse), etc.  The others are right, it will pass, you just need to focus on your goal and don't get too discouraged!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My daughter started a de-tox program , they gave her clonidine patches . It's an old remedy to lower blood pressure .As anxiety goes up , so does blood pressure .The patch takes away a-lot of the physical affects of anxiety .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
176495 tn?1301284012
I experienced a great deal of anxiety around day 5 or 6..I did not want to leave the house, or if I did, I'd freak out.  Klonopin helped with that, but it went on for a few days..but was over eventually.

Jim
Comment
Cancel
176495 tn?1301284012
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I wish you would TRY to get the clonidine!!! You would feel so much better!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks so much everyone.  Congrats to Nia24 on Day 8 and Louhoo on Day 7.  Thanks Beargizmo - it makes me have hope this will go away.  Did manage to get up and take the dogs for a little walk before I had time to think about it.  This is Day 5 and hopefully it will be better.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Natures Cure for anxiety....  A little bowl of some fresh green Ganga...

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank