Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 4

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 4

This med jouney has led me here as the rest of you. I'm on day 4 which I just back slid.  I called out of work Friday because it hurt so bad, I returned to work today, after an hour of being there, I was called to my bosses office to find my termination papers. My termination was not due to my med problem, I have been straight foward from day one, that I had a disability, and was even asked if i was going to need surgery, I said yes.

I was going to talk to the Boss and explain my problem, but I was so ashamed and couldn't do it.
The next thing I knew I was being Terminated. They sent someone from the wharehouse to help me clear out my office.  

I asked my boss what about my insurance due to an upcoming surgery, and she said "Welcome to Obama Care".

Is this legal?
Very well could be.. Depending on where you live. Some states have a right to fire law.
Hi Ang, your boss should be ashamed of himself. Here in Australia we would take him to court for unfair dismissal. But I assume things are diff and alot harder for you guys. Come and move to Australia : )

Sorry this has all happenned to you at once. It must be hard. But I dont understand, if your boss hired you knowing you had a disability then how can he fire you for the exact same thing. Look into it hun, I use google alot and its free so maybe you can get some info about it.

Day 4 clean if im right. Well good for you ang. Thats teriffic. I hope it will get more bearable for you in the coming days/weeks. Take care.
What did they give you as a reason for the firing?
Hi there! I'm so sorry this happened to you. For sure do some research on the laws in your state. It varies greatly from state to state. The state that I live in is a 'right to work state' which means basically they can fire you at any time and don't even have to give you a reason. Technically they aren't supposed to fire you for medical/disability issues under federal law, but if they don't have to give you a reason, they can let you go for anything. I hope that you live in a state where you have a little more protection and you can fight this. Good luck to you with everything!
Thank you for your support. I do live in a right to work state.  They don't have to havr a reason.

I would love to come to Australia!
Ang
Do you feel you walk through life alone, without purpose. I do. I used to be so confident, then I let these doctors in. One script after another.  I've slipped, and feel I lost the will. Who and what can I do for emloyment. I'm a responsible person, Very indendant on my self. My unemployment wont pay for gas in my vehicle. I feel so useless. I know i have many talents and knowledge. I can't imagine how or why this has happened to me. I try do do the I best I can. Where do I go. I pray to God every day, i just want to die instead of suffering this way.
I was terminated for unsatisfacory job performance.
When I got to that point of wanting to die and tired of suffering....that's when I finally surrendered and got help for my addiction.  Don't get me wrong...I wallowed in that state of mind for a few weeks....considering the alternatives.  My will to live outweighed my will to die.  I was so sick of the merry go round...and I decided if I wanted "off"....only I could get myself off.
I didn't have to keep doing the same things over and over that were making me hate myself.  You CAN too.  

Are you still taking pain meds?  Do you have a plan for surgery ahead?
Let us know more about your specific situation...then everyone can lend a hand and give you some suggestions.  I promise...you don't have to be alone....we'll all be here for you~