Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 5.... The Norco w/d Show

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 5.... The Norco w/d Show

So I am on day 5, I am so sick of feeling like this. My last Norco was this past Sunday, I haven take about 1 1/2 Suboxone strips within the past 48 hours. It feels like this ride wont end, last night and today the vomitting has started.... water wont stay down. I am trying hard not to give in and take the strips..... honestly, at this point I would run from the sight of a norco bottle. I have no desires for the pill anymore because I think my brain is strong enough to admit and attempt to resolve that the "twinkies" are the cause of the problem.

If anyone has any feedback on getting thru the flu.... and if 5 days off is the worst? or do I have more fun to look forward to tomorrow.....  
also.... here are my major league stats...
7 yrs of use - last 36 months everyday - 10/325 Norco - before the last pill I was between 3-5 daily.
I kept telling myself...YOU HAVE the FLU!  It will be over and I will feel so much better.  My brain seemed to get that and settled down a little.  It is hard, but doable!  The Thomas Recipe (bottom of the page) under Health Pages will help.  I did not to the tranquilizers and had to cut back on the Ltryosine, but the rest really helped.  Imodium (immodium), Imodium (immodium), Imodium (immodium) (liquid or pills if the liquid can't be found or you can't swallow it) will help.  I took double the dosage for a few days (personal choice) and it helped so much..even with the withdrawals in general and the opiate trots which sucked.  

Hydrate and eat! ((gatorade is good) Even if it is just a little every hour or so.(boost or ensure might work for both food and drink)  You have to eat something to keep your energy up as much as possible.  

If you have Restless legs..it is hit or miss what works.  Walking seemed to help me some.  Hot bath with epsom salts..a little.  I finally had to get my doctor to refill my restless legs meds (non addictive) to get some sleep.  If nothing works,your doctor might help.  Benedryl or OTC Alteril helps some with sleep issues and you will have them.

One hour at a time is all anyone can ask.  After 2 weeks it gets a little better and I started to say, One day at a time!  Your brain will do all sorts of things to get you to take a pill.  I found if I was hungry..the cravings got worse.  I would try to eat a banana, a few grapes or a few crackers to get that under control.

The hardest part comes after the detox.  Your brain will be all over the place and will try to get you back on the pills...It is having to work and not depend on the pills to help.  

Good for you.  I hope all goes well.  You have made a good start coming here....this site has helped me so much!!!  Keep posting!!!!!
You should be feeling better soon.  day 3-5 usually the worst.