Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 5 and feeling AMAZING! =] Things do get better.

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Just an update to anyone that may have read my earlier post. I'm now halfway through my 5th day clean, cold-turkey... and I feel wonderful. Finally over the hump and decided to take some extra OTC stuff to help the withdrawals. Best decision ever, because as most know, there is NOTHING like opiate withdrawal. >_< Anyway, my outlook couldn't be better and each hour that goes by, I get more positive. To anyone out there struggling... please. Hang in there. Ask for help, don't be afraid. Ask for advice. Ask for just a simple conversation to keep your mind occupied. It DOES get better. If anyone has anything they want to ask/talk to me about... feel free to message me! ^_^

- Happy, happy girl <3
Great job on your five days! You are a very positive person that is awesome. Have a happy day and keep up the good work! :)
Congrats on 5 days!  That is great!  The mental part will soon kick in and you need to be prepared.  Are you doing anything with aftercare?
Thank you! I'm trying to be as positive as possible. I know all too well that the mental crap starts to kick in soon; which is why I've been taking an anti-depressant for the last few months. I have an EXTREMELY supportive fiance, so that's pretty much my only aftercare right now. I don't really have the time to go to meetings and whatnot right now. I didn't have any sort of cravings when I quit suboxone back in the fall, so I think I'll be good. I just know now that I can't "just do it one more time" like I foolishly thought. lol Anyway, staying happy. It's a beautiful day here in South Carolina so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. ^_^ <3
It is a beautiful day here in Minnesota too.  Yesterday was 102 and right now it is 66!!
102?! I'm jealous haha I LOVE me some hot weather. The hotter, the better. ;] It's supposed to be around 85 today and I can't wait. Gonna go jump in our pool and enjoy life OPIATE FREE ^_^
Yes! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! :) Congratulations!