Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 5 oh what a beautiful morning

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 5 oh what a beautiful morning

I got up..I went for the MRI I was to have in June and thyriod scan I been putting off. I reconnect with the doctors that will treat my pain, instead of mask it with pills.. Banana are heaven sent and vitamins. My pain is mangeble with Motrin.. Thank you everyone.. I thought I was going to go threw hell. I took pills for 3 years but never more than 4 hydros/ somas a day.. Going for a jog/ walk
   Thank you all
I love reading posts like this!! You sound great ! Keep doing what youre doing and you cant fail :)
I am very happy for you and your recovery glad you are doing well hope you enjoy your walk!
Hi , Good for you , 5 days .  from now on you will feel much better every few days .
Takes our mind & body , sleep and energy ,emotions time to heal .
so make sure you eat ,drink, take your Vit's , rest when needed

I am about 3 months free of 100mg Norco a day . I now find i can take Advil and heat to help my pain ease a bit ,
I now go thru the whole day doing things , enjoying my day never thinking about pills .
It 's really nice not to have to think about takeing pills every 2-4 hours , no more mood up's & down's , no more pills in my pocket to make it thru the day , no more running home needing more pills , no more running out early .... Stay strong ... Ron
Congrats on 5 days.  That's a long time to someone who has been using everyday for several years.   You sound like you are doing good.  Just be careful because the mental up and downs in moods to sneak up on you in the first few weeks.  Good job!
Keep up the good work. :)
Thanks I'm motivated by my 5 & 10 yr old sons & my 16 heard old daughter..