Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 5

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 5

Didnt sleep so well last night. My natural pain killers arent working so  every ache seems like hell. My head still seems as if its just kind of bobbling there. I am at work and the phone never stops ringing but it passes the time. I have friends and aquiantances alike calling to see how im doing or asking if i need anything and ive yet to give in to the extreme desire to feel just a little bit better.Ive made it clear to those that think they are trying to help me that they will just be hurting me. Sometimes they listen and i dont hear from them and sometimes they call back and ask if im sure. Im going to be strong today. I'm going to write down all the positive things in my life and thank the lord for what i do have and not what i think i need or even think i want. I read an article yesterday about how the social norm these days is to never be content and always keep pushing forward when we should actually stop every once in a while and take a deep breath or meditate for a few minutes.This in in self has helped me realize that i have to slow down and smell the roses. I have to stop if only for a moment to take a break every once in a while.
Tags: day 5
Hey, if you're on day 5, then you have rounded a corner and should feel better soon.  If you have to, take a break and get away from the phone for a few, so you can breathe a little like you said.  It really does start to help if you concentrate on that instead of how badly you feel!  After day 5, unless your DOC was methadone or a benzo, you should be feeling some better.  And you may not notice a huge change every day, but you should notice subtle differences.  The skin crawling goes away.  The RLS gets better.  Stuff like that.  I'm not saying all the misery goes away, but alot of it does! : )
Hey, you seem very stubborn and with you addiction that is a good thing.  You are so lucky to have so many people reaching out to help you.
It sounds like you have told your friends that you are getting clean and that is a good thing.
Why not let them help you?  
I know they don't get it and can never understand unless they have gone through it but don't cut them off totally.
You will need them when you reach the other side.
I know because I have totally isolated myself and my phone has stopped ringing from the friends that I had calling.
Just hang in there.  Day 5 is great and yeah what's with the head bobbing thing.  It ***** lol.
welcome!!  i myself am on day 4....and yes still feel bad and so so tired....but it's better than day 2....and only will get better so i'm told!! you hang in there and God bless you for working during WDs!!  that is very strong!!  i could never so i took a week off....thank goodness i had the time to take....so hand tough and we are here for you!!!  post alot and read other's posts!!  it helped me tremendously get thru the first few days and is STILL helping me!!  
I didn't sleep at all for two nights and sporadically after that, but gradually, it will get better.   It is good if you have the time to take off....I didn't have to go out and work a job....but I did try to keep up things a little bit around the house.   Not really well...things kinda piled up, but I was able to get caught up later.

When I read, I was thinking your friends were offering pills to "help" you, and you are right to refuse the "help" if that is the case.    You will feel pain more acutely as you go through withdrawal.   I felt like I could hardly move, I hurt so much...but resist the urge to take opiates.   You will end up right back where you started.   Congrats on day 5!
Day 5 is awesome! You are so right!  I meditate daily and my newest is "I am content and blessed to be me"
Make that list and focus on noticing the positive differences you see and feel.