Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 6 after relapse

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 6 after relapse

Feeling better each day that passes off Fioriect. Day 4 was very tough, more mentally than physically, but it ended. Made a plan to be busy yesterday which really helped. Today somehow feels even better. This time of year is stressful with all the things going on and has been a time that I've turned to using F. My goal is to finish something, no matter how small, to keep from feeling overwhelmed. Reading the posts of those who have made it for a long period is inspiring. Especially someone who said that things that they used to like to do,then seemed dull when using, were fun again. Not there yet but looking forward to that. Hopeful posts really help keep an eye to the future and why quitting is worth it!
I'm so glad to see you're feeling good.  Fioricet WD can really be a long, tough road, so it's amazing that you're doing so well.  Staying busy is really important.  Sitting around thinking about it certainly doesn't do any good.  What you're saying about finishing small tasks can make you feel SO good.  I remember just thinking that if I could finish folding a load of clothes without having to take a break, I'd feel so much better!  And the more you do, the more you'll feel like doing! : )
Congrats on Day 6.  I am glad to hear you are doing so well.
Keeping busy really helps.  I still have to take lots of rest breaks but I find I do okay walking.
Now to just force myself to get out for my walk.  I feel so much better after I do.
Keep posting.  It really helps.