Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 6 c/t morphine 5 years

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 6 c/t morphine 5 years

I had no idea this site, or anything like it even, would be online until 5 days ago! Of course thinking about it now, its the internet, duh! ;) Any way, i just needed someone to know what I've been doing and this lace seemed perfect. I stopped taking 300 to 500mg of morphine combined with 8 to12 10/325 percocet last sunday. and I have actually survived! This has impressed me more than anything I have done, EVER! I have had chronic migraine since I was 11 yrs old (I'm 32) and ridiculously painful attacks of optic neuritis at least once a year since then. (optic neuritis involve losing vision completely in 1 eye for about 6 months and is soo painful!) I actually wanted to die just this morning! Morning 6 was the worst for me. stomach cramps, restless legs, body aches, the same things that this site has told me about.   The major difference with my story is that I went to a new doctor who may have found where all the head pain is coming from. After 21 years, I believe I know whats wrong now! This guy believes that I have SHINGLES in my EYE! Totally bizarre, right? I have been to every specialist on the east coast and quite a few on the west coast and no one had any idea! I hope this helps someone out there. once the pain is gone, or at least significantly improved, withdrawal doesn't seem as hopeless. I could not have done this if i didn't know that I wouldn't have to face the same headache pain with no meds to get me thru it. this site has been mazing and i wish u all the best. Its gotta stop some time and in reality 6 to 12 hell days is ok with me to pay to never have to think about or count out pills or even lie to drs to get more.
Hi & Welcome,

Glad to see you are off the meds. If you can find alternatives to pain mngt, please do it. I have found a few alternatives and while some days I still suffer with pain, it is still better than being on the pills.

So, good to see you aboard. Did you have a question in particular that maybe someone here can help you with or are you just saying hello?

Either way, hope you stick around.
You sure have gone through some pain, huh?  I'm glad you are off the pills.  The first 10 days or so are kinda rough, and you are on day 6, so the RLS should be settling a little bit soon.  You were on a heckuva dose of morphine.  Your body and mind may want that back for a while, but you just stay strong!  

Take some hot baths and Hyland's Restful Legs from some place like Wal Mart.  Also, using a heating pad is good for aches.  

You're doing great!  Keep it up!
Thanks! Is amazing the difference since even day 6! that day actually turned into the worst day I had experienced. Today is day 8 and m only really weak now, most symptoms are gone! The worst now is that my brain feels....wonky, don't know how to describe it really. Sort of like its not quite as connected as it usually is, linear thinking is kjnda rough. Any thoughts on when that might end?

I started this process the day after I returned from a huge herbal conference and was luckily able to stock up a bit. Nothing beats Milk Thistle for the stomach stuff! Was a total god send! Thanks for your help, everyone!
The clear thinking returns after the other physical symptoms stop, but it does take a bit.  And it's not like you wake up and just think....wow, I'm thinking straight now!!!  It is more gradual than that!  Like the energy and insomnia......it just takes some time and patience!

Good luck!  
Milk thistle helps with stomach cramps? I am going to be having stomach cramps tomorrow since I am starting c/t then.
Good Luck, leann! The milk thistle helps with your livers ability to flush out the toxins. It really made a difference for me. I've also found luck with marsh mallow and burdock supplements, seemed to ease things abit. The best Ive found tho is 8 to 12 Imodium (immodium), was the only way I could find to keep the little food I was able to eat in my stomach long enough to help me stop feeling soo weak. Oddly, my digestive symptoms didn't start untill late day 6. I wasn't able to eat before that day and discovered that if u dont put any food in there, there are no problems! Now, Ive just gotta try and get my strength back :/

Thanks tramahater! It is starting to ease now but i think this fogginess is horrible! I just want my brain to do what I tell it to do it. Sooo frustrating. I have already seen a bit of improvement so hopefully it will be done soon! It NEEDS to be done soon!!!!!!

The "fog" will lift one of these days.  I know it is awful to feel this way but this is only temporary.  Keep moving forward.  You are almost there!!!       sara