Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 6

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 6

I barely slept at all last night, 2 hours total if I am lucky! Now I am up and about to get ready for work, I am a little anxious this morning but I will get through it. I have to just keep on pushing through! Could use a little encouragement though!
Oh yes, those relentless shifts at work during withdrawal. Just know that on the inside it may feel like sheer terror but you'll still do awesome work xo Ive got 3 of those shifts this weekend coming up....luck to us both xo
Hey Good morning! , just you signing on here says you know you can do this!!  Try to keep your mind on the job, before you know it the day will be done!! YOU GOT THIS!!   (my mantra)  lol   Pepe, youve got this too!!  Positive thoughts comin your way!!    :)  
Thanks for the encouraging words! I feel better now than I did when I first wrote that so that's a start :) Even though I didn't sleep much I am really not that tired, it's weird! Although I am sure by the end of the day it'll be a different story! lol! My mantra for the day will be "Keep on trucking, you've got this all day long!"
Muscle through it! You can definitely do this day!  Hopefully you have a short week this week with thanksgiving! That's what is making me pushing me! Great job on the clean time! It gets better!
Thanks for the encouragement!! Definitely thrilled its a short week! I will muscle through it for sure, I can do this, it's not as bad as being at work on day 2 or 3 which I have done before an it wasn't easy! I've been at work for about an hour so far and it's been fine :) thanks again!
Hang in there girl. Just get through today.
You will not use today.  I know work is tough for you but you  have come too far to go back.  
Post as soon as you get home.
xoxox
So far so good! I will make it thru! :) thanks for the encouragement! Xox
Just think of me feeling sick and lost lol.  You don't want this again.  You are doing great.
Pick up some melatonin or I think it's called alteril. Everyone recommends it.  It will help with sleep.  Not sleeping ***** but like you say your'e not tired.  Hope to get where you are soon.
Going to work is better than sitting at home dwelling on feeling crappy and thinking about using all day. I noticed that if I got up and did something the time flew by and the wd's let up a little. It does get easier with each passing day. KICK BUTT AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIsten to a song that makes you jump up and down inside!
You're further today than you were yesterday or last week, don't look back and keep pushing forward.
Pat, I don't feel all here either but and proud of myself this is the longest I have been clean and it feels good! :) I tried Alteril last night did not help at all! The only thing that seems to work for me is NyQuil, I will stick to that tonight if I need it. I also bought Melatonin with L-Theanine in it, Hoping work will wear me out enough I won't need anything but we'll see! What day are you on? I think you are on day 3, you should feel better soon! I know you can do it!!! :) Thanks for the encouragement lady! xox

Mama: I am gonna put my iPod on the player now to boost my spirits! I actually don't feel too bad and almost 3 hours have already passed!!! Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! :)
Perfectly said and 100% true! :) thanks!
I used Mucinex DM with dextromethosine (not sure of spelling) for sleep. It was good for 5 hours of sleep at a time. Best of Luck.
Halfway through my work day, a little anxious n a little tummy trouble but still pushing through cant leave early especially since I took time off last week. Just have to keep telling myself it's a short week! I can do this!
Is it normal to not be able to think clearly?? I am sitting here trying to write a letter my boss asked me to write and am having extreme difficulty putting anything on paper.
Most definitely......I couldn't even read a paragraph and stay on track.
It took me awhile to be able to concentrate, focus, and then even longer to be able to organize my thoughts using cognitive reasoning  We really did more damage to our brain's function than we realize, I think.

I STILL having to talk to myself when I do something with steps to it.  And when I'm getting ready to leave the house......(more now, thank God),
I have to say outloud each thing, or else I will forget it.
A week or so ago, I had to come back in the house from the garage 4 stupid times just because I forgot one thing and then another.
It gets better......with that gag word TIME!
Congrats on your clean time......and glad to hear it's the longest you've ever made it!  Onward and upward!!