Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 7 - Starting To Feel Better...

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 7 - Starting To Feel Better...

It's been a hard roller coaster ride, and yesterday being the hardest,
7 days is the longest I have ever been clean in my life,
So feel much better,
Taken my dog out for a walk, gave her a bath,
Then did the washing,
Slight mood swings from happy to sad, getting sad off really silly things,
Feel like I have 30% of my energy back, slept for 6hrs last night which was really good,
Did have one glass of red wine last night,
Cramps are really mild now, legs still aching but hot showers get me through those,
Not shivering as much and not much shakes,
So yeah, I feel good,
And just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for there support,
And Wish Everyone A Happy New Year
Congrats on day 7!   that is so awesome!  you are practically over the hump!  and you know it gets better!  

You're doing great! and keep up the good work!

Happy New Year!!  it's gonna be a great 2013!!
Thats great! Just keep doing what your doing and keep yourself busy! It helps more than you know!  You started your New year off doing a great thing for youself and thats huge! Soon, all these physical things will be gone and you will have your life back on track!

Congrats on day 7!
Everyday that passes is one more day of healing.
Congrats on 7 days. Soon you will turn the corner and all of it, will be but a memory.
Great job!
congrats on 7 days!  All of you who are ahead of me give me strength for sure.  
So happy to hear that you are feeling better.  That gives me encouragement!  Can you come over and finish my laundry?  hee hee!  I'm sure I will be able to get out of bed and tackle that soon!  

Take good care!
Missy
Awesome...great job!  It's very encouraging to me.  Day 5 for me and finally made it out of the house for a little while.  It's only going to get better from here!
Excellent!   Each day just gets easier from here on out.   Watch out for the mental ups and downs the first 30 days.    You are doing all the right things...gonna be a great New Year for you!