Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 7 Withdraws from percs

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 7 Withdraws from percs

I am day 7 without my 7 a day perc habit
I haven't been able to work.
I have been very weak and have some stomach issues.
My Back is killing me
When do I feel better?
I started to take them for back pain and my husband gets them also.
Then it turned into taking them to deal with life. It wakes me up in the morning better then
3 cups of coffee but by the 3rd one of the day I start to feel crappy and feel like if I take one more I will feel better.  
I have the oppertunity to get 60 more tommarrow but I don't want them.
I am afraid I will break down and get them because I feel so horrible.
But I know I need to end this and get better for my family.
I have a appointment with a Therapist tommarrow .
Is there something I can do to feel better.
Welcome to the forum.ALL of that is normal. You are over the worst...don't get the pills and don't backtrack!!!

You can take hot baths, at bananas, hot tea, chicken noodle soup, Motrin  for pain. I have found exercise helps greatly....

Your family NEEDS you, you CAN do this.....

Keep posting and talking about how you're feeling..get some fedback...that's what kept me going..

Seeinga therapist is good...we need to get to the core issues of why we are abusing the drugs to "feel better emotionally"......

Good luck.  Keep posting!
I am also having chills sweats crying fits depression.
I just want to feel good
I want to wake up and have energy,I want to feel excited about my life. That has been something I have lacked for years. I have 2 awsome Boys who are wonderful to me and a very loving husband,I have a book that just came out and I have a sugar glider that is having twins and I am just blah about it (could it be because of the percs)?
I forgot to say that I have been on them for 3 years,
My doc just did a complete blood work up on me and found nothing that would explian the lack of energy,  I have felt for years.
i see you're a dave fan....play  " drop the... devil.... to his ....knees"                             That song reminds me of stopping my pills, with the pills being the devil......

heck, listen to anything dmb.....lol
Thanks for your reply
I just called my husband crying telling him I will divorce him if he brings them into this house.
The depression and crying is normal after withdrawal. I'm on day 6 as well and feel the same way. You will also have days where you feel really good too. From what I've read it will pass.
I Have been thinking about blasting him allday
I think I will do that
He has helped me through some other stuff
Have you ever seem him live?   Me >12 concerts and counting
Yes, the crying and no energy is the second part of getting clean...First the detox, and then the next part is the recovery..(the mental part) and this is the hardest.

I promise you your energy will eventually return...go to the search button and type in Thomas recipe...there is a list of things that help.
are you taking a multi vitamin?. If not, you should. Read thru the posts...there areseveral other things that help     i haven't tried them.yet, but others swear by them...i am on day 7 and i have had the least energy today and yesterday....i am waiting impatiently for it to return.....

BTW...what is a sugar glider?
I have seen him twice...just last AUG...outdoors...it was AWESOMEEEE...maybe i'll do a couple shows next summer...since I'm saving all this $$$ from not buying drugs!!!
A sugarglider is a marsupial (sp) they have large eyes and pouches like a Kangaroo
search yahoo for a pic they are really amazing I wish I could post a pic of mine.

Saw Dave in  Gainesville Tampa and twice in WPB last year can't wait for the tour dates to come out soon.

Thank you for all of your the advice I will check out the Thomas recipe Now

I am Watching the  EH Hee Video now
Awsome

I will check out a pic of your lil superglider.
I almost went to WPB for the concert in the fall. My dad lives on Hutchinson Island.
This may seem like a strange question but what should I keep my thermastat on
I am freezing at 78 degrees I turn the heat up to 80 and I am sweating
Is there a temp that is good for withdraws?
79
lol thanks
Sorry, that is also part of the process. I keeep my heat at 68*. When I get hot, i take a layer off..  get cold...add a layer,     soak in a hot tub...that really helps, cover up wtith a blanket w/the heating pad.......listen to MORE dmb!!! ;)

Hang in there...this too shall pass..........i know..it s***s!

I have been doing the layer thing for 6 days,
I'm over it but will continue.
I just took a long hot bath and feel alot better physically.
I think I will take the dog for a walk and listen to some DMB on the ipod

Thank you I think I would of spent another day laying in  bed crying
if I had not draged myself on the putter and found this place.
Ya'll have given me hope.
.
This is all too normal. Hot, cold, sweats and cold feet at the same time, and EMOTIONS all over the map! Look at the Thomas recipe (I have it in my journals) Some of the things in there will still help you. I remember even after w/ds settled down that I could NOT get my feet warm for 2 weeks! I would sit here posting with a heating pad under them wrapped in blankets. All the while the rest of me was sweating. Go figure.
   This will settle down for you, real soon. You are doing so good. Week 2 does get better. So maybe even tomorrow will be better than today. I sure hope so. Keep posting. It really helps.
I'm on day 6 and getting better.  Please don't give up.  You can do this!  I'm sitting here at work, freezing my butt off in a wool turtleneck sweater.  I've been freezing for the last week!!  I am not sleeping well, I feel like ****, I've been ignoring everyone in my family because I'm too depressed to speak, going to bed at 8 because I dont' know what else to do....but each day it's getting better.  I know you can do this.  We both can do this!! Do you really want to have to go through those first 6 days all over again?  Think about how bad you will feel if you cave and get those pills.  You've come SO FAR!!!  Hang in there.  
I looked at my last pill bottle and it was prescribed Jan 16th I ran out Jan 26th  which
means I took 10 a day that is when I relized I had to stop.
I guess what I just relized I am only on day 5 . ARGHHHHHHHH
You will be fine!!!  Just give it a couple more days.  Take it one minute at a time and pat yourself on the back for every minute that goes by.  At the end of the day, you will be so proud of yourself and each day will get greater and greater... Day 6 to Day 7 etc.  Like I said, I"m on day 6 and still not feeling real well but I know it can only get better. Just keep strong.  

Is there anyone or anything that you can do to keep you from getting those pills?  I actually called my doctor on monday and left a message, letting him know I was having a problem with the pills and he was not allowed to prescribe them to me anymore.  I did it to prevent me from ever asking for it again.  There are certainly other avenues, but I'm blocking myself from the easiest ones.  
I told my doc last month I didn't want to take them anymore so he gave me ultrcets and they didn't sit well on my stomach and the withdraws started so I called back and had my script filled.
My husband has been very supportive and I told him not to fill his script tommarrow.
I was taking his he only needs them occasionally.
I call him at work crying telling him not to get them tommarrow so I think he knows how important this is to me.

I have some anti depressants Cymbalta 60s they were prescribed to me and i never touched them in fear of mixing them with the percs
Should I start taking them
I have dealt with sevre depression since I was a kid
I attempted suicide several times years ago and have bad scares on my wrist.
I am NOT suicidal now as I know i have alot to live for.
Would it be a good idea to start them now while i am withdrawing???
Thank you
Another thing I have been  having Nightmares
when I can sleep
Is this part of the process?
Look at my recent post; A must for newbies and Old Timers! Then you decide. Read the journals on GreatGreebo's profile about PAWS.

Lack of sleep is very common. Take melatonin, up to 10mg is OK. Tylenol PM works for some too.
I read your post that is why I thought about them
I just didn't know if it would be a good idea to start them now
Have you tried the amino-acids and supps for mood? Rhodiola is very good. Same 400mg is another one. Also L-Tyrosine and 5 HTP etc...We are all different so you need to see what works for you. If it were me, I would go the natural route first. Lots of options and few side affects. Always be careful of drug interactions with supps. Know what you are taking or get a ND dr to help you.
In my life I had never really suffered from depression. Went cold turkey around Oct 18 and was clean for about 2 months. But the depression I went into was so awful, it is really what caused my relapse. I wish I had gotten on some anti-depresants early in that 2 months. Perhaps my relapse could have been avoided. Who knows? Spilt milk. I think perhaps if you have suffered from serious depression in the past, that maybe you should start taking the cymbalta. I don't really want to advise you to take something you don't need, but I'd hate to see a relapse that could easily be prevented. Especially if you end up taking them eventually anyway.  I know alot of people go thru depression during and after withdrawels and it goes away, but some don't.  Anyway, give it some concideration.
And if your on day 5, things will start to get better from here. Energy level and sleep can be slow coming back.  
But hang in there, it will get better. But keep an eye on the depression thing if it happens, don't wait to long to take care of it.
Magi
I am feeling a little better
The kids are home so I won't be on much more today.

The bad part of all of this is I get paid tommarrow which means I am totally broke right now to go get anything today.
I did however take some of my kids flintstones vitamins LOL

I will be hitting the GNC tommarrow after work for sure.
I see my Therapist tommarrow and see what  she wants me to start taking.

If I can't make it back tonight
THANK YOU EVERYONE   I am so glad I found this place.

I was prescriped anti depressants which is why I decided I needed to get off the pills.  I stopped last Thursday and started my anti-depressant on Monday.  I just wanted to give my body a little time to "clean out" before I started pumping it something else, but that's just me. I don't think there's any harm in starting the anti-depressant now and would probably advise it since you have a history of battling depression.  It sounds like you've been through a lot.  Just keep focusing on that baby.  And get out too!!  Go out and have go to dinner and a movie with your husband.  Just start doing things that make you happy.  I need to heed my own advice as well!  

I realize my response is a little late, so how are you doing today?  
I barley made it through work.
I can't beleive the work ethic of some poeple it is like they save all the hard work for me,
Which is what I always do, and another reason I started hitting the pills alot.
They all know I am sick and they can't just step it up a couple of notches.
BTW I work with live animals and they just can't wait for me to get better and there are other people there who are perfectly capable of doing the same dam job.

I bought some B6 and B12 some Zinc  calcium and Magnisium. I took a B6 and B12 and will take they other when I figure out what my tummy wants to do.
I see the Theripist in a hour I may not be back on tonight as I don't go on the putter when my kids are home, I'll let you know what she says tomarrow.  
Thanks everyone.

My back hurts is there anything I can take that won't put me to sleep??
I am so over sleeping during the day and up tossing and turning all night.

I didn't get the script yesterday and now I think the mental thought of I could have them is really messing with me.
My theripist sucked she just kinda looked at me with a blank stare on her face didn't say much just "you need to find something you enjoy"
AH ya I know that I just need to feel better to do the 10 things I enjoy.
She said to take the Cymbalta but after reading about it on this site I am not going to do it.
I am on the hunt to find another theripist.

I weight 101 and am 5'6 how much B-12 and B-6 can I take?
Will that give me some energy?  ( I lost 6 pounds this last week during the first few days of withdraw)
I'm getting my appatite back.

Thank you

P.S. TOXICTOME  thats my sugarglider in my avatar found a way to post her after all She has twins in her pouch that will be comming out in about 2 weeks.
Hang in there.  Please click on my name and click on all my posts. I started coming here on day 9 I think and have been through hell.  Everyday I thought, that's gotta be it, I should be better by now, etc.  I was really freaked that I was as bad as I was for so long.  Hell, today is Day 13 for me and yesterday was scary for me.  What a diff a day can make.  Today is much better, not great, but better.  Read what I went through because I think you'll relate, then you'll see the progression and have renewed hope because I'm here today.
Oh, I thought maybe that was a pic of you during w/d! :)

Sugargliders are very interesting.
Look into amino-acids for mood. I'm not sure about qtys for the Bs. Ask the supplement store.
Goingtomakeit  Funny I feel like a creature right now.
Jacqui805 I will read them Thanks.

I feel like if I could just just  physically feel better I could mentally handle all this much better.
I had no idea how bad I had gotten
All those ball games of my kids I went to high and the award ceremonies and the
nights I told them THEY can make a sandwich for dinner and live.
The missing homeworks the unsigned planners I feel so horrible right now
I feel like I failed my kids.
I have to keep thinking  I am doing this for them.
They deserve it even if I don't.
Set yourself for the long haul. Really, taking vitamins, supplements and mood support is NOT an option. It seems that relapses occur more frequently in those that don't eat and take supps. compared to those who do.
I don't think the folks that recommended that stuff was suggesting you don't eat.  And while it is true that taking any supplement doesn't do you any good if you're getting what you need from food, if you're going through w/d and puking, and having the runs, and not being able to eat, you're not.  Taking a multivitamin is good right now because the meds do change what's physically able to be absorbed by the body.  A note - Don't just take a particular supp or vit just 'cause you know the body uses it and think it would be good for you - this is to everyone.  What most people don't know for example is that the vitamins A,D,E, and K for example, are fat-soluable vitamins. That means that anything on top of your daily need, will stay in your body at a toxic level.  The other vits, like C for example, are water-soluable.  These are pissed out if you've got more than you need.  Lots of people take stuff "'cause it's natural".  Cancer's natural too.  Only take what you need and be careful of your source of info regarding a particular substance.  After all, the "sleepy" part of eating a turkey is an amino acid.  For years now it's been off the market because health food stores and the like were telling people to take it for sleep.  It killed several people.  The doses listed on bottles are not necessarily what the FDA would tell you is safe to take if it's safe to take at all.  Supplement companies do not have their statements or products ensured by the FDA.  A multi-vit is generally safe and not a bad thing to take for anyone.  
I was throwing up and had diarhea (diarrhea) for 3-4 days.
and got dehydrated in the process
I just want to get some nutriants back into my system.
I ate a little today a bananna and grilled cheese with tomato soup.
I HATE drinking water HATE IT
so I have been drinking Grape juice.
I was a 7 pepsi a day drinker also and I stopped that.
I haven't had but one pepsi in 6 days.
I just want to get healthy and feel good.
Thanks for your advice I really am glad I found this place
I couldn't eat for over a week.  
My lips were so chapped, they cracked and bled and were so sore from not eating or drinking.
I was puking and squirting.
I was starving, but I couldn't eat 'cause it made me feel worse.
Drink whatever you can when you can.
Eat what you can when you can.  Really small amounts more frequently worked for me at first, but now I can't get enough food.  
Hang in there, glad you're here too.
If you get headaches, it could be caffeine w/ds.
Gatorade can help replace electrolytes. Bananas, bananas, bananas. They will help to constipate, give water and potassium.
Thanks for the advice
Kids are about to walk in the door so I may be on later
Thanks again