Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 7 and feeling ok

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 7 and feeling ok

Well it's been seven days and I'm feeling ok. I'm not craving my drug just my energy. I just feel drained and on edge. I am feeling much better though. Maybe I should buy a case of energy shots. Lol
I tried the 5-hour energy drink and it just gave me the shakes on top of everything else I was feeling.  I'm with you about the energy though, feeling good today, but lack energy, think I will start taking walks now, need motivation.
The energy was my reason for taking in the first place. I use to be able to do hard core workouts everyday for 2 hrs straight. Now I can barely stir up the energy to clean my house. My baby boy misses his bouncy energetic always going mommy
Kelseago - You may want to try a diet supplement called Hydroxycut. It is available at Walgreens. I got 24 packs of a powder, cost $24.99. They do have pills, but not by me. It is advertised on TV as an energy builder and fat burner. It helped me with eating, it does stimulate your metabolism and you really have the desire to eat (although not much for the first few days, a few bites and I was "full"). I tried about every energy drink out there and they all suck. I just used my last one this morning and don't plan on re-upping, but if I feel my energy is heading downhill tomorrow I will know why and grab some more. Still gobbling multi-vits, B Complex, vit C, L Tyrosine (which I really think helps with my focus). Feel like a vitamin now, I eat more pills than I did when I was using.lol

Gary
I can't do diet pills. That was part of my problem. When I took breaks from coke i would take any and all diet pills up to 20 a day. That's a BIG no no for me. Trust me, I would love to!  It's just not a good idea for me.
Gotcha. The day I bought this stuff I drank my first drink and was lucky enough to get the "pink cloud effect" about an hour later. I was dazzled and thought I found the answer to all my worries. Had 36 hours of euphoria and tried to convince myself that the supplement was the reason....oh well, at least I started eating because of them. Damn stomach was doing somersaults within 30 mins of drinking the stuff. If you can try the L Tyrosine. It takes some time to work, but my focus has improved 1000% in the past week. Sure that has something to do with being clean, but I have a friend that is a Tourettes patient and he swears by them. They don't "hit" you, just gradually improve the 'ol grey matter. I can use all the help I can get. ;-0
I'll check into those. Can you get them just anywhere?  Or at vitamin/health food store?
I had my friend send them to me. They are available at Whole Foods grocery stores. I had no luck finding them. I think they are $13 a bottle. 500mg 100 capsules. Take two in the AM on an empty stomach with a glass of OJ. There is a vitamin supply company, Puritans Pride that my father uses and he can get the same dose, for $20 for 5 bottles. Have no clue what the quality is on those, but that is a heck of a price difference. These are Jarrow Formulas. I have seen these mentioned on some of the recipes/protocals, so they are out there and are recommended for those of us that are going through WDs/recovering.
Hey Kelsgoea Congrats on 7days keep up the great work. Coz every day you stay clean things just get better and better. And your energy will come back day by day Good luck and my best wishes .,,,,,James PS Exercise would help also
Thanks Gary, I'm gonna head out tomorrow and find those. That's an amazing deal your dad gets!
Stilltrying, i know I need to exercise. That's my problem right now. That was one of my passions, no therapy. I'm trying to get back to it. I miss it. I just gotta get the energy. I know it's gonna take a while before I can do what I'm use to doing but it ***** :-/ thanks you guys!
You're doing good just to have the 7 days so far. Don't expect too much too soon or else frustration is going to start setting you up for a relapse. Though, there is a reason so many say exercise will help, because it does help. You'll get your energy back just like everyone else does. The hard part is the wait. Hang in there, it's coming.
Congratulations to you! You deserve it. The energy thing does suck, but just take one day at a time and do not beat yourself up because of it. I know it's hard to do, but try to think positive, it really does help. It may take a while to feel more like yourself, whatever u do don not give up. I have been clean for 1 1/2.
Most pharmacies sell amino acids. L-Tyrosine and L-Lysine etc.... I use one that's got everything in one pill, it's made by 21st Century and it's called Daily Amino Acid. B vitamins definitely help, and if all else fails, you can get a B vitamin shot in the bum from your doctor or a nutritionist. That will kick start you back up real quick! lol!

As for the 5 hour energy shots, they have the aminos in them as well, but also caffeine, which might explain why some people get jittery. I love them, and swear by them. Again, taking half of one to start is probably not a bad idea.

Hang in there, you're doing great. A lot of this is in your head too. Your brain is programmed to function on the uppers and refuses to do so without them, but in time you will realize you don't need them:)
Thanks you guys :). Lots of great tips. I actually use to get the B shot while I was using. Just imagine how much energy I'm used to!  Lol. I'm gonna have a shopping day tomorrow looking for vitamins :)