Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 8-Opiate withdrawal

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 8-Opiate withdrawal

Well, I'm on Day 8 now from opiates & I have 2 say that I' feeling pretty good. Still craving-but I've found that keeping busy & chewing gum has helped ALOT-not 2 mention, I'm prescribed Xanax for Depression & for the first few days-taking those controlled my tremors & shakes. Everyone has said that the withdrawal symptoms should be almost completely gone-but I still can't get my energy (that's what I got from the opiates). I find it very hard 2 eeven get out of bed-still!!  Not 2 mention-when I tried 2 quit b4-I go 2 day 3-had n extreme migraine & relapsed. So, Im very scared-migraines are my trigger-I don't have any insurance-so don't really know what 2 do...Any suggestions?? Thanks! *Angel*
Someone who suffers migraines may can help you with this..I do know that on day 2 I had a horrible headache...took advil...I have also hard of peeople thaking Imitrex for migraines but not sure of the cost...as we both know...narcs arent our answer..i suffer from severe sinus headaches and that is what has given me more problems during quiting than my back...I was surprised as I thought it would be my back
For six years I forgot what a migraine was.  I'm day 33, and had bad headaches from detox until about the second week, then every other day, and less now, but still there.  They're easier to get rid of w/over the counter now than earlier.

Like Worried said, I thought my back would be my biggest pain, and that deminished almost to nothing.

Give it time.  The pain goes away.

You've made it 8 days.  Made it through the worst!  Good for U!

Energy levels take time, I'm day 62 today and my energy is good.  and I was on a pretty high dose when I quit @200mgs/day (snort) It took time though. The first month or so I was dragging my carcass around everywhere.  But I got extremely active and involved in my diet, lifting and cardio routine and it has been the most welcome part of my recovery.  You are tired and I know it's hard but refrain from caffine it really makes it worse in the long run for me, I've noticed.  You just need to try hard to stay distracted and force yourself to do light exercise, it's painful, I remember but the pain is part of the healing process.  Eat plenty of healthy whole foods, take your vitamins, drink your water and stay distracted.  Being around people is about the best thing you can do for anxiety and depression, just choose your company wisely. Congrats on 8 days, stay strong a lot of people make it the first few weeks and then get lazy about staying clean, you are less likely to relapse if you start taking care of yourself now and feel better about yourself week after week.
i have suffered severe miagaines all my life, the best thing i have used is excedrine migraine...takes about an hour and it is gone...even when i used hydros and oxys i took the excedrine for a bad migraine.  hope that helps.
cathy
Hi Angel...

I have migraines as well and have been prescribed Imitrex for them...the med controls the nausea and takes the edge off.  I found that since I've been exercising, eating and sleeping right, I haven't had a migraine....my trigger was exhaustion, pushing the bod and mind too hard would spike a migraine...if you can figure out what your triggers are and avoid them, you may be able to avoid the migraine...BTW - opiates did not help me whan I was having a migraine...I'm 21 days clean today and feel really good...opiates are not an answer for myself..

Take Care & Peace,

Nick
i am on day 7 of wd and i can see the light. there are many reasons why i stopped. i have been on anf off since 2009 i was diagnosed with stage 2b breast cancer. 4 sutgeries bilateral mastectommy 20 chemos and 31 radiations oh and thr great expantion and breast reconstruction. which i am happy to say i am in remission... with this said i was and still prescribed pain killers and benzos i have struggled with this addiction i never knew existed before my illness... well i am now pregnant and stopped taking benzos the pain killers i read was dangerous to just stop cold turkey. but i had to do it i couldnt and wont do this to a baby. so i did itim here and thank God i can see clearly... for so long i wanted the numbness now i want to feel all....
Lets just say life lately has been hell,Day 8 to this day and man do I feel a lot better than day 1,2,3. I own my own barber shop and I mainly work alone when I turned 23 a friend introduced  perk 15s perk 30s to me and as soon as I took my first one i was in love, loved every part of the high at work it gets really busy and as I said above i work alone so it made the days fly by . I used it as a crutch to kill time . Then introduced to oxy80s and it was a new world i love those green skittle pills more than anything in life it got to the point where I was doing 2 a day and money was running low$$$! Never taking a break, taking the pills no matter what. Work was good very profitable I had a great attitude tords everything..... Sex was still fantastic with me and my wife. I was on top of the world no one could stop me
After some time my money was running extremely low paying the bills was not first in my agenda! I was introduced to heron by the age of 25 doing about 2 bundles a day (snort&smoke) 3 month went by of me having a 400$ habit a week and my sex drive was gone hadnt touched my wife in 3 months! I was a zombie! I needed to stop so I did cold turkey!!!! That was a *****! I hid this from my whole family for so long they had no idea
As each day goes on i feel more and more like myself day 8 is almost over thank The Lord my craving are not going away at all. My brain keeps saying that I want the drugs but my mind saying your not gonna get it. I'm trying to stay strong through this whole thing but I have extreme insomnia haven't slept in 8 days and im worried its going to be like this forever!!!! My anxiety as well is so highhhhhh i keep remembering little random things ppl have said to me of the years that I was completely numb to at the time. I don't know what to do, I really don't i just want it to go back to normal but the drugs need to stay out of my life if I want to keep my family. I'm trying to stay on the right path and every day gets easier and easier. But the lack of sleep has really brought me to thinking that I will never be fine!!!