Day 8 clean with Everybody's help
I really do appreciate the frank responses. It has been my lifelong observation that a human being has an infinite capacity to BS oneself, and blindly believe what is not true. Certainly includes me. I'm thankful for the input, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear.
I was reading down the current posts, and saw the discussions about removing inappropriate posts and I immediately thought OMG they are talking about me!
Then I saw my thread was still there, so I read it again.
Still don't sleep well and tire easily, but I read here that is very common.
Been job interviewing, and thus far no big panic attacks, just a little foggy. What a job retraining the brain to think without the DOC!
Pain managementwise it is nice to feel again, instead of just being numb all over. I am still going in to the PM dr tomorrow, but not for narcotics. Gotta tell him ANYTHING , BUT THAT. I am OK with walking out empty handed. My wife is on board, and we practice what I am going to say. It will include my weight loss, and my dedication to Pilates.
(I am wearing a wide back support band right now, that I intend to wear, as needed, on whatever my new job turns out to be) and that the PM DR needs to know: Oxy is not good for me.

And I apologize for being pissy here on the wonderful forum. I don't have a good explanation for that.

Sincerely
Dan
You sound alot better!  Dont worry about being crabby as we all go thru that at times.  We all have bad days, addict or not.  What makes us stand out is how we handle those times.  The fog will lift and the sleep will return.  Time will be your friend now.

Congrats on 8 days!!!
You've come a long ways in a very short amount of time, Dan!!  Good for you....and I'm glad you have a well thought-out honest plan for the Pain Mgmt dr tomorrow.  Another step towards freedom from narcotics!!  Be sure and let us know how it goes, ok?  

You know....we are all a work in progress.....and some see the light sooner than others....some never see it.  This is a progressive thing....addiction.
We will progressively get worse.....or progressively get better....it's that "power of choice" thing.  I'm lovin it~  Good on ya, Dan~
Sounds like you found some more perspective!  Your post was great to read!  One day at a time...you're a work in progress my friend!
For what it's worth, I was never a good sleeper even before pills. I thought our friend sleep would never visit me again during wd. Now, I sleep better than I ever did! Sounds generic, but it will come with time. Keep posting and let us know how the drs goes! :)