Day 8 is Weighing Down on me like a Boulder
So my 8th day off hydrocodone and suddenly I feel this strange sense of hopeless anxiety.  It isn't the same as my anxiety from the last couple of days.  It's more of a gloomy, morbid sense of hopelessness.  It could be from the lack of sleep I got last night or the fact that I haven't been able to exercise the last 2 days because it's been chilly and raining outside.  I was reading an interesting post last night and can't seem to find it now, where somebody was talking about how there are a lot of people who talk about feeling like this in the days 8-13 range.  I'm pushing on through sheer willpower and the drive to reclaim my sobriety.
i feel the same way so i hope this is normal
That's how I feel when I smoke dope, LoL! (and why I don't smoke dope!)

That's your low serotonin level causing this.  Take a look at the food guide if you don't have any amino acid supplements (5htp)  and  cook up something to help get those levels up. (it will keep you busy too)

Rainy, crappy days don't help either, unfortunately.  But you can get out and do other things, like go shopping at a mall or something under a roof! Whens the last time you went bowling? Just doing something will help you get out of this mood, what could be better than throwing heavy balls at defenseless pins? (or lobbing one up in the air and putting a dent in the ally floor)
Just want to encourage you; this is 'normal'.. I went through the same, actually my w/d's were almost all mental pain. I kept repeating to myself that this was a lie..the hopelessness..the fears and anxiety..that this too shall pass. I just held on and it has passed. One foot in front of the other..one day at a time. It will get better.
Are you able to exercise at all. It seems hit or miss, but for me it "hit" about 70% of the time in changing my mood for the better. Walk on a treadmill if you have one. Something is better than nothing. Those endorphins will find a way!
Yeah man I went out and hung out with one of my really good friends for a few hours and I feel a lot better now.  It always seems to start right when I wake up and last until I get out and do something.  Lol yeah I like to bowl a lot thanks I think you just gave me plans for tomorrow!

Hey jilannaa.  I find that going out and socializing or doing something in general helps a lot, even though it doesn't seem like something you'd wanna initially do, I've found that it makes a world of difference for helping my mood!
Thank you for that donewitis you're words are really encouraging!!  How long did it take you to start feeling better?  I know it's a very gradual process and it's hardly noticeable, but just in general when did you realize you were getting better?
Yeah I biked 13 miles on tuesday and 8 on wednesday.  It helps a lot!!  On the days I can't work out I usually just do whatever I can to get out of the house for a few hours, whether it's school or hanging out with somebody.
Hey buddy you aint alone,if you can make 30 days that is when you get into what they call the honeymoon stage,(i swear) you will have more engery then you know what to do with.Endorphins  will mutiply and you will have to many,its a good thing you will be on top of the world for a little while,hang tuff and remember-one is one to many,and one more is never enough!!GOOD LUCK,let me know how you are making it,ok?