Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 9-But also relapsed

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 9-But also relapsed

Good morning everyone. Well I am 9 days today off the opiates however I relapsed and started smoking weed again. I really am disappointed in myself but I made it 36 days without and I hadn't gone a single day in 10 years until this. I guess ill try to blame my reason for smoking on trying to sleep through these opiate withdrawals. I did sleep last night for a whole 7 hours and I did not take melatonin either. But it is still no excuse to have used again and I must stay focused and not give in. Obv whats most important to me is staying clean off the opiates and I have. I do not take anything for anxiety or any other meds. It has been a real tough 9 days for me but I've pulled through and not picked up. I really haven't even thought about using other then the one day I had to deal with my grandmothers heart attack. So for me I've learned that a major trigger is how I deal with my stress in life. I am working as hard as I can to get through this and I thank many of you for being an inspiration to me. There is no way in hell im going back after getting this far. I can see the light on the other side. Just make it past the first 5 days and you will be free of this crap. It's not worth putting it off it only gets worse everyday. I hate hate hate opiates.  DAY 9 HERE WE GO
Congrats on 9 days!!  I also hope your grandma is getting better every day.  One of the things we have to learn is how to deal with our stress without using  mood altering chemicals.  That is why we "preach" recovery care.  Weed always brings out alot of opinions on here, some good and some not so good.  I just want you to be careful with this.  You are doing well and have made it thru some major stressors in your life.  Stay true to yourself and make your clean time the No1 priority in your life.......sara
Good job on the 9 days!!!!  After care saves my butt.  Learning how to live a deal with life stuff was something I needed to do if I was to stay clean and sober.  Listen to Sara she knows what she's talking about.  I hope your grandma is doing better.  God Bless!!
realli well done stayin clean for 9 days. i have had a serious heroin addiction. ive been to treatment an was clean an soba for a whole month.. yes i repeat a whole month!!! i then became weak for some strange reason. i guess i missed the drug fun. but its the worst thing in the whole world to be a slave to that stuff. im 21 an have had 3 years on methadone. take my advice if u wish, but its not the answer!! its just as bad an harder to get your self off. i have been ill many of times but still i chose to go back to that horrible life!! im now pleased to say im 3 days clean and on a subutex programme. choose subutex not methadone please!! they dont work strate away but when they do you will realise thier is hope. I HATE OPIATES!!!!!!!!