Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day 9 no methadone finally slept

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day 9 no methadone finally slept

This is day 9 with no methadone.  I finally slept 3hrs at a time -never thought it would happen-was only sleeping 15 minutes before.  Sleep is sooooo goood can't wait to get a solid 6hrs- i know my body is ready to sleep but it just won't. I am thankful for 3 hrs. Seems as if the "runs" have stopped but I also haven't eaten much- no appetite. lost 7lbs. Maybe things are getting better. I sure hope so!
Great on the 3 hours sleep~!  Congrats on day 9 too!  If you aren't eating much, making sure you are getting plenty of fluids.  Maybe try a little chicken noodle soup or something, some crackers.  Hopefully things are getting better :)
Thats awesome :) Good for you!!! I hear you on the sleep thing! Today is my first Methadone free day! I know the challenges are still to come but you have let me be reassured that it IS POSSIBLE!
Sounds like they are coming to an end of your withdrawals. They are hard on your body... and sleep you need... good luck and keep up the awesome work, getting through it will be the most rewarding thing ever! Hang in there. Sleep well.... soon... I hope...
Thank you for all of your encouragement. It really helps get through the day!
HI.....your doing great to be sleeping at 9 days it took me 2 friggin mo to get any significant sleep keep in mind methadone is very cyclic just when you think you got it beet it comes bacl with a vengeance you will get some sleep but you will also have sleepless nights it runs in streaks sleep for 3 night up the next 3 dont let this discourage you your doing great but this stuff just doest let go easily how is your energy...? that was one of the worst parts for me was the energy crash....hang in there congrats on 9 days...remember this is a race one by the tortus not the hair....for me it was 90 days b/4 I started to feel normal but I cracked a 16 1/2 yr habit good luck and God bless   Gnarly  
It is funny that 3hrs sleep seems significant but it was great. That was yesterday-I was back to 15-20 min at a time last night.  I am trying so hard to be patient-I know this will pass. Not taking pills is more important than sleep right now- day 10 today.  TEENA