Day 9
Well it's day 9 and I feel like a switch has been turned on. My depression seems 100% better today than say Monday and I slept 7 hours straight last night with the help of .25mg of Xanax and hour before bed and .5mg of ambien. I have only been taking OTC pain relief during the day for headaches and vitamins twice daily. I think I will try to sleep tonight without the ambien but those damn RLS really makes it hard to get to sleep. Once I fall asleep I seem to stay asleep alright. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know there is light at the end of the tunnel and to just hang in there! Remember there was a time in you life that you went everyday without these pills and you enjoyed life so it can be done again!!!
YAY on 9 days! That was a turnaround day for me as well. Keep it up, it will just keep getting better. Now that your feeling better, try eating really healthy and pushing a good vitamin . Think it's a good idea to try to cut down on sleep meds as soon as you can. You may have poor sleep for a bit, but it will be better in the long run. So happy for you!
You know eating has never been a problem for me even on the pills. I have always eaten a healthy cereal in the morning with a piece of fruit, and usually eat leftovers for lunch at work, and then I'll cook a fairly good meal with three veggies at night. Now it might not be baked fish or chicken but I was never a big fast food junkie. Spaghetti or stew is a fav and the good old chicken fried steak...lol
Congrats! LORD, I hope autocorrect doesn't ruin this.
You might want to try Melatonin, it makes you sleepy fairly quick, but I'm not caring for the way it makes me feel, last night was my second night and if my mind doesn't change my last night. I've never been a Xanax or Valium taker, so you might want to try the melatonin, you might not have the same experience with it, I know alot of people that use it for sleep, just think, for me it's not the thing.. Your doing great! Amazing, life can bring so many pleasures without a pill.. Stay Strong! GOD Bless!