Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day Eight

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day Eight

Day eight...My mental is still great and positive...My physical is another thing, but getting better ..I am off to the gym for a good workout in the pool...This is better for my joints....My brain is starting to lose the fog...So that means much is coming to mind as of the struggles I have...But you know in reality I would not have these struggles if Heavenly Father knew that I wasn't strong enough handle them...We only get what we can handle...I am working through stuff on my knees...That is a good place for me...Give me much insight and direction..Just thought I would share that...For those of you that are starting out again like me...The most important thing is to be positive...Only look at the good because really we have so much to be grateful for...Hugs and I will check in after my workout...
You are doing so great Denise!!  Go with a spirit that fears nothing~
Swimming at the pool on Day 8..!!!  You are such a fabulous example of how a positive mindset and our faith can affect our w/drawals and recovery!

It's a delight to read your posts.....your humility and honesty shine thru!
Thanks for that note...I just got back and am dead tired, but I am leaving to do some errands..I was thinking this would be a great time to work on my other addiction while I am getting all this great support...My food addiction..I went on a webpage for support like this one, but to be honest, there was just to much negative...I am normally not a negative person, so that kind of brings me down...I am also working hard at eating no processed foods and moving...I need to lose 80 lbs...These addictions are really the same...I really appreciate your comment clean...Hugs...I will check in with you later...Hugs Again
What are you w/d-ing from if I may ask? I'm currently day 5 and a half of Suboxone w/d. Day 8 sounds so far away! I'm so happy for you! Stay strong!
You sound great today Denise! That pool is a perfect way to get good exercise.
Hey, A Big High Five for YOU!! It sounds like you are on a very good positive run and wow swimming and running errand already..Way to GO..I am very proud of you..You will be a great success story. But just remember if those mental days hit you now and then just go with the flow because it can just be part of the Brain still healing. Exercise is the Key and I lack that a bit even in my 11m but my Dr is on my ash about it. I am used to running around and working hard like a chicken with my head cut off, but I do like being a bit mellow for once in my life as well...Good Job!!!
Bless
Thanks so much all of you...I am really tired right now, but that's okay...I know that it takes awhile for the brain and body to heal...I am not thinking about the hydro so much...I have put them in their place..The devil pills...Even though I am tired and I have to realize that I am 66 years old...I do need to slow down a bit...My back is doing a little better today..I bought some cherries...I bought them frozen at Costco because it is cheaper that way...I have found through research that 6-10 cherries a day really helps with arthritis...I really really believe that the food that God has provided for us can heal...The junk food as well as all these stupid pills we take for anything for a quick fix does not work...Sorry I am babbling...Love you all Hugs