Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day Six of FREEDOM
About This Community:

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Day Six of FREEDOM

Hey guys, its hard to believe but I have been six days clean from opiate pills (vics, norco, percs, 60- 80mg daily). I thought the worst part would be over in 100 hours (from past withdrawals) but was I wrong. Today is really the first day I have felt human since I began. I guess every WD is different, last two times I did not throw up or have it coming out the other end, this time it did quite a bit. I finally took a long nap for the first time since I started too.

The good feelings and the bad ones come in waves, but I am feeling so much better and proud. NOW...NO MORE.

For anyone going through withdrawal, hang in there ...IT DOES GET BETTER. Just takes time, don't give in. Take time off work, do the thomas recipe, and try to get out of the house and do something. Time goes by faster if you can get out and walk around a little. I went to see two movies the first 48 hours of WD. After that however, I went into a cyber mode of just trying to survive. I wouldn't wish what I just went thru on my worst enemy.

But I forced myself to at least go outside every now and then. WD's don't go away as much as they fade away. And when it starts fading away you are going be happy. It will come and go for a few days, but it gets better EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I am so happy right now that I don't have to count or go find those dirty pills. IT'S WORTH IT. I know there will be low energy days coming off and on but I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT CRAZINESS.

God bless all of you that talked (commented) to me. It helps so much to just come on here and discuss things with everyone.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Awesome awesome awesome!! Congrats on getting your life back and getting to know YOU again!! Sobriety is where it's at:)
Blank
1827057_tn?1397523877
So great to hear this buddy!!    watch out for those "friends"  that seems to be my theme for the day. That is one of my main triggers(actually pain in the *** right now).      I am right below you in evansville area by the way. This place is like one of those lifetime movies about pills.Whole entire neighborhoods and apartment complexes hooked with little old ladies and there nephews dealing their pills.   Anyway you are doing great .Keep it up
Blank
4614494_tn?1368359985
Congrats on your 6 days!!   You sound great!!!  Wonderful attitude!!  Keep it up!!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...