Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day Three Off Norco - Headache!!!!!

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day Three Off Norco - Headache!!!!!

I just had a quick question. Today is my third day completely off of Norco. I managed to taper down to just one pill a day (half in the morning and half at night) before running out. Before tapering I was taking 4 pills a day and I've been on the Norco for 4 years. When talking to my doctor he said that even though I'd been taking 4 pills a day if I was to quit cold turkey I would only feel withdrawal symptoms for around 6 hours or so.

Well even though I tapered my Norco intake I've had a constant headache of varying intensity ever since I quit taking it. I don't have any other symptoms (nausea, aches, ect) just this terrible headche that ibuprofen doesn't seem to help. Does this sound like it could be a withdrawal symptom or something else? I may have tapered a little too quickly from 3 pills a day to one pill a day, I don't know. I guess I just want some feedback on whether a bad headache could be a withdrawal symptom of Norco addiction.
Tags: OFF, Headache
For me personally, I had wicked headaches for a few days. I'm sure it's a withdrawl (withdrawal) for some people, it was for me the times I stopped before. Hang in there, they won't last too long. I know that's easier said than done, especially when nothing seems to help them. Have you tried aspirin? It was the only thing that worked for me. Got my fingers crossed for ya, because I know how bad they suck.
Thanks boredstill70. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has experienced the headaches. I haven't seen "headache" listed as a symptom of Norco withdrawal which is why I was wondering. I have not tried regular aspirin but I will. Thanks again!
hey....I got the most mind bending headaches wile I was both tapering and thew detox as well as after for quit some time....it was a few weeks b/4 they let up but they do subside with time...just hang in there ....I found plain asprin worked the best to at least
put a dent in the pain...good luc and God bless....Gnarly