Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day number 11

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day number 11

Well I've sleep again another night, I feel great , I make up dizzy and sore but after a shower and clean clothes , things seem normal!! I stopped needed to post questions here for help with my mind, the first 8 days were hell ! But I'm going to continue to post each day for  the people who are still struggling with the awful WD 's , there is a light at the end of the tunnel ! The first five days or so I was really concerned if I would be able to get though this I thought about going back to my doc and getting another script for methadone cause I just couldn't take the agony ! well he I am going back to work for a hard day of digging holes to plant trees!! I hope everyone who is fighting to ecape the daily struggle of being able to function and do our normal daily routines , read this and get a little more hope that one day soon u too will be going back to work , happy u finally feel free again!!!!
That's so wonderful!!!!! I'm so happy to hear this  !!!!
Brilliant! Thanks for posting this, see you already seriously helped someone! I'm on day 7 feeling lower than dirt but am hoping for that breakthrough. It's good to hear things like this it really is. KEEP POSTING !
things are getting better, i am glad :)... enjoy the day, addiction777 !!!
Me too back2me. Love the positive posts.
this is so WONDERFUL!!!!..it's been 28 days of freedom for me. from 15 vicdon a day for 13 years.....BRAVO for you, thank God, i just talked out loud all day to the Lord, i said everyday, i hate vicdon, i am sooooooooooooo happy for you, i too, am praying for everyone here, stay strong, pray, get support, keep you eyes on the Lord...you can do this!!!!..once again, i am so happy for you, God Bless, Trisha
I think getting back into golf and now hockey has made it so much easier than last time , I do push ups even if I can only do one ! I spent tons of money on health foods like fresh fruit , veggies and whey protein , protein bars ! I take an organic Vitamin pill !! all these things that people recommend on this site really work! Don't lay in bed even if its a struggle, go get in your sports car , blast the tunes !! Anything u love will get those endorphins going again!!
leading a healthy lifestyle can also be addictive ;) but in the best way... make these changes on your life permanent... ... and whenever you struggle mentally or emotionally, ask for help, support and keep doing what you are doing now :)
I can't afford healthy food, buddy. Send me some.
sorry, WODAgirl... i don't know how much are vegs there in the uS but are you sure that you can not make some changes in your diet within your budget ? for instance, i usually have for dinner during the summer almost the same .. a big portion of gazpacho ( a delicious raw "soup" made out of tomatos,4/5, a green pepper, a 1/4 cucumber, bread crumbs, oil, cumin, sal, pepper and vinegar, it is enough for 4 days with these ingredients( and a big yogurt.... that is not expensive.. ....chicken, grilled breast with different condiments, rice with pepper, onions, tomatos and condimented, vegetables soup don't need a lot of ingredients...make little changes
Healthy food in the US is out of control right now.  It is very expensive to buy fruits and veggies.  Chips and pop are cheap!  They say we have an obesity epidemic here and in the same breath all of that stuff has gotten so incredibly high.  Go figure!!

Crazy , this is not good at all, Sarah.. some of the profits from the junk food then should go to the healthy food...as you say junk food leads to illnesses and these are expensive on the long run. Governments should care more ... here everything is expensive, healthy food is starting to get more expensive but there is not a lot of difference yet
Yeah, we can't really eat healthy unless we rich. Even at the regular grocery store, anything healthy is kinda outa reach.
hi,God Bless..we can eat well, i grewup with my dad having a huge vegs garden, we had peach trees..everything..we fished, i got a garden now..i been ok for 28 days..and i got outside and planted a garden...so it's like being healty, and keeping your mind on something else..atlease..thats what i did..love you guys..love this site..Trisha
So glad you're feeling better. I will never get tired of hearing that. I too have been planting trees. Being off opiates is way better for those of us who work outside. When you read the bottle of pills, it says to avoid too much sunlight while taking them. Man, the sun feels good now, no more of that opiate recoil from the sun. You are doing great, you are inspiring us all.

WODAgirl, I found that Winco and Costco have cheap healthy food in bulk bins. We only shop in the bulk bins and produce. If you shop around the outer walls of a store, you will get whole foods. All the packaged stuff and processed foods are in the middle isles. We have to drive over an hour twice a month to buy the majority of our food, especially here in Cali. California avocados are cheaper in Texas than in California, go figure. We raise our own chickens, which pay for themselves with the extra eggs well sell. We plant a big veggie garden every year and trade with farmer/gardener friends. Just like getting clean, where there is a will, there is a way, not always easy though.

Ya no problem , ill use my portal gun I got for Christmas !
hey your doing grat coming off methadone it can linger a wile  just keep in mind it is very cyclic  and will come and go for a wile  the end is well worth the suffering keep focused on the prize   hope the job goes well
............................................Gnarly...........................
Christmas!!!!!!! I'll be starved to death by then.
Great job   you are tough !   keep it up.  
This thread alone is keeping my hopes up for a crappy today. 11 days better be better or I will
Hunt you down! Don't mess with my emotions now! Lol.
7 days complete! Woo hoo!