Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Day two

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

Day two

Well here I am on day 2.  It was a long night!  I slept a little and was up alot!  My brain and body just dont want to work together!  Any thoughts on how to get the day to go a little faster?  Time seems to go so slooooowww!!!
About all you can do is create busy work for yourself to make time move..Try not to sit still too much, maybe find some sci-fy movies that might get your attention off of the wd's and ingrossed in the movie..Some people read but I never could concentrate enough to be successful in that...Sleep, I'm afraid, will not be the best for the next week, possibly two, so try not to put expectations on that. It will come back, but you have to let it, not drive yourself nuts trying to make it come back..Avoid naps if you can. It makes things worse..

Inbetween the 3rd and 4th day things should start turning to the better, but not in huge gains on a daily basis..Try not to let that frustrate you either...Try to stay busy and concentrate on getting days behind you..Thats the best one can do these first couple of weeks....
I'm on day 19 and the days are still long. I couldn't do anything on days 2-4. Watching tv was even a task. I couldn't focus. When I did watch tv funny programs seemed to be the best. Another thing that helped a bit was my iPod. Just put on some good tunes and try to zone out. It's tough and there's not much u can do but just try your best to get through the first 4 days or so then you'll see a small turn around. After day 4 or 5 it just gets a little better everyday except the sleep for me. I'm still dealing with that but it's tolerable. Good luck sorry I couldn't be more of a help but those first days are gonna blow no matter what u do. Just try to stay positive cause I'll tell ya, it's a wonderful feeling not thinking about meds all the time. Don't get me wrong they still pop up in my head sometimes but not as much as when I was on them.
Well I just showered, and feel a little better, it helped to clear my head.  I did watch a sci-fy movie this morning and that helped too!  Its sunny and 60 here so maybe sit on the porch in the sun.
Showers do wonders even though it feels like a task...:)
Did you go off Suboxone? I forget now, how long were you on it and how much were you taking when you jumped off?
What were u on and how much, how long? If u don't mind me asking..dosage and length of time might be able to give u a better time frame for wds..