Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
Dealing with insomnia during withdrawal from pain meds

This community is a place to share information and support with others who are trying to stop using drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other addictive substances. Discuss with others, the symptoms of addiction, addiction recovery, ways to quit like tapering and cold turkey, and withdrawal symptoms. If you are interested in general "chat", please visit our Addiction Social Community.

I herniated a disk about 4 months ago and had a discectomy surgery 12 days ago. I had been on Lortab 5 for  1 1/2 months before the surgery and Percocet for 4 days after the surgery, so I'm on my 8th day clean. I'm pretty well thru with the nausea now but I'm looking for help with the loss of appetite, insomnia and depression.  All I'm taking now is a few (2-6) ibuprofen a day to help with the aches I'm dealing with as I am starting to do some light work around the house.

Does anyone have any advice to help me get thru this?